We Meet Again

Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: We Meet Again

My eyes fluttered a couple of times before finally opening to see the sun shining through my curtains. I reached over to my nightstand to check the time on my phone. It read 7:30. I had my first class at 8:45, which gave me roughly an hour to do whatever I need to. I pulled my comforter off my body and slid off my bed. I walked towards my balcony and pulled the curtain open. It was a sunny August day. I admired the outside view then walked over to my bathroom. I did my morning routine and got dressed. 

 

I grabbed my purse and walked out of my room. I entered the kitchen and set my stuff down. Looking through the kitchen, I grabbed a banana and some yogurt. After I finished my meal, I grabbed my things and left my condo. The time was now 8:11, so I decided to head to the library. As I walked outside, I put on my shades since it was really sunny out. 

I finally arrived at the library, which was pretty grand. I opened the door and pulled off my shades. This library was one of my favorites and closest to my new place. My father use to bring me here to read books on medicine. I headed upstairs since that's where all the medical books were. I walked down the book aisles and saw Mrs. Lee. She was a kind librarian who used to recommend to me different types of books when I was in high school. 

"Hello Mrs. Lee!" I said excitedly.

"Jihyun? Is that you?!" Mrs. Lee said loudly ignoring the fact we were in a library.

"Yes, the one and only," I giggled quietly. She ran up to me leaving her cart of books and gave me a hug.

"I missed you so much. How have you been?" she slightly whispered. I guess she now remembered where we where.

"I've been wonderful. I just moved out," I replied happily.

"Really? That's great. You should come by more often." she said.

"Of course I will. Do you have any good books I can read?" I questioned.

"Always. Sit down and I'll bring them to you." Mrs. Lee replied with a smile. 

I followed her instructions and walked to find a table to sit at. No one was at the library since it was

Please log in to read the full chapter