Trying?

Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Trying?

 

 

Saturday came quicker than I expected. I was quietly sitting in Barom's car. It was really sunny and hot out today. Actually, it's been sunny all week. Barom drove for about ten minutes before turning into a cafe, where I suppose we'll have lunch since it's about noon. 

The outside of the cafe was red, and it looked small in the inside. We got out of his car not really saying anything and walked into the cafe. We were welcomed by some workers, and I followed Barom to a booth near the back. I did a quick glance around of my surroundings. The place was semi-packed. I haven't been here before, so it was a new experience for me. The waiter came with our menus and left. I scanned the menu and just decided to go with a chicken sandwhich. 

"Know what you want?" Barom asked me as I looked up. 

I nodded in reply and went back to looking at other things on the menu. It wasn't that awkward between us anymore, but I wasn't completely comfortable with him. Especially since he basically just confessed to me a few days ago. Not to mention I saw him dragging some girl not one, but twice! Barom was still a mystery to me. 

"May I take your order?" the waitress asked with her head down looking at her notepad. 

"I'll just have a caprese panini." Barom said.

"B-barom?!" the waitress questioned as she lifted her head with a shocked expression on her face.

I looked at Barom, and he looked unfazed. 

"Minjee, it's been a while." he said looking at the waitress.

"Well yeah, ever since you know." she replied quietly.  

What exactly am I missing out on? 

"Mhm, well I'm on a date so maybe this can wait for later." Barom said quickly.

"Oh, um, yeah... well what would you like?" Minjee asked as she faced me.

"I'll just have a grilled chicken sandwhich." I replied quickly.

She nodded her head after I spoke. "I'll have those right out. It's nice to you guys." 

I didn't want to ask about Minjee because it wasn't really my position to ask. So, I just remained quiet about it since this whole time Barom hasn't been speaking either. 

"What's your favorite color?" Barom asked me out of the blue. 

"Gr

Please log in to read the full chapter