Love at First Sight?

Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 4: Love at First Sight?

 

 

Barom. Why, why, why was he casually sitting on my couch in my condo?! I couldn't hide the shock in my face. So many questions ran through my head, and I wanted to know the answer to all of them. Especially, as to how he got in my place!!

"You again? Why are you here?" Jaejin questioned breaking the silence. I could see a little bit of a glare in his eyes.

"Visiting a friend. Aren't you doing the same?" Barom answered with a smirk. 

"W-well... Jihyunnie say something!" Jaejin said turning to face me.

"U-uh.. um.. well what are you doing here? I thought you wanted to see me later.. not now." I said a bit flustered. 

Barom chuckled. "I was tired of waiting. I thought I could stay here and wait for you. Should I leave?" 

"I think that'd be the best option right now..." I said.

Barom sighed as he got up. He walked just beside and whispered in my ear.

"Sorry to be a bother. It was love at first sight to me." Then he left my condo.

I was shocked mentally, but I didn't want Jaejin to see my flustered state. I quickly shrugged it off and turned to look at him.

"I don't like him. He's so arrogant and annoying. How did he even get into your apartment? Does he have a key? How could you give a complete stranger a key to your new place, but not even your best friend? What's wrong with you, Jihyun?" Jaejin questioned angryily.

"Jaejin, stop it. I'm just as shocked as you are as to how he got in my apartment. So stop jumping to conclusions." I replied.

Jaejin was silent before he happily replied. "Ok. My heart feels at ease now. Plus, I can never stay mad at my Jihyunnie forever. How about we start on that chemistry work?"

I nodded while Jaejin smiled at me. We took a seat at my kitchen table and started working. There was always that comfortable silence whenever I was with Jaejin. He may have seemed clingy, but I've been around him so long that it doesn't drive me as crazy. Jaejin was sweet and always stayed happy. How could he have grown to like me? I'm average, nothing special really. My mind then wandered to what Barom whisper

Please log in to read the full chapter