Alone

Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16: Alone

(This chapter will be told in Barom's POV.)

My eyes were wide as I ran to her lifeless body laying on the street. My heart was beating fast, and the whole thing caught me off guard. I bent down on my knees and picked up her body. She has to be alive, right? She can't die now. I won't allow it. Especially since I now know that I'm in love with her.

My hands trembled as I dug in my pocket for my phone to call for help. When I finished the call, I looked at the car that caused this to see the driver's seat empty. I chose not to work myself over it because only Jihyun mattered right now. 

I'm not sure how much time had passed as I was staring at JIhyun's face with a look of sadness. People surrounded us, but I didn't give any one of them a glance. I began hearing sirens getting closer to us. 

 

Jihyun was currently being operated on while I just sat outside. I made sure to call all of her family and close friends with her phone. Her parents were the first to arrive and were frantically discussing with the nurses on what happened. I was looking down at the ground because I partially felt responsible for this. 

"Who are you?" I heard a voice say above me. I looked up to see Jihyun's parents looking down at me. I stood up and respectfully bowed before them. 

"My name is Yu Barom. I'm Jihyun's boyfriend," I said with a calm look on my face. 

A slap came across my face. I maintained my posture because I felt I deserved that slap. 

"Why are you hitting him? Calm down!" Jihyun's father exclaimed. 

"Isn't it obvious?! He's the reason our Jihyun is in there!" her mother yelled back. 

"You haven't even asked him what happened!"

"I don't need to! I know it's all his fault!" 

I kept my eyes on the floor until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see her dad's face with a faint smile. 

"I know it wasn't all your fault. If you're really her boyfriend, I believe you care about her as much as we do," he pulled his wife over,"We just need to have hope that Jihyun will come back to us safely."

 

After a long time of sitting, the doctor came out with a solemn look on his face. The news didn't look too good. I stood up and walked towards the doctor. 

"How is she?"

"You may want to sit down for this."

"No, just tell us now!" I heard Jihyun's mother shout behind me. 

 

"I'm sorry to announce, but Jihyun had already lost too much blood before she arrived. We tried everything we could, bu-"

"You didn't try hard enough!" sh

Please log in to read the full chapter