Love...

Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: Love...

 

At least two months have passed with the same routine. During the week, I'll go to school then work. I end up spending most of my nights at Barom's. Finally, weekends are reserved for dates. Even if it seems old and boring, I like it. Barom has been such a sweetheart since we've gotten together. It's not extremely perfect, but I look forward to everyday. 

Right now, Barom and I are cuddled up on his couch watching a movie. It's usually silent during these times since it's the end of the day. I enjoy the siilence though. It's relaxing and not even slightly awkward. 

As we were sitting there, Barom's phone rang. I felt him move to pull it out of his pocket. He gently moved out of his position to not disturb me. I tilted to the side so he could leave. He quickly got up and walked to his room to take the call. It didn't really bother me since Barom gets calls on the time. 

DING!

I got up after I heard the door bell ring. I walked over to the door and looked through the peep hole. I saw someone with their head down. They also had a phone in their left hand. The person had jet black hair with a very vibrant red sweater on. They didn't look harmful so I can open the door right? 

I was about to unlock the door when a hand slammed on it right next to me. I gasped and saw Barom with a hurtful expression on his face. 

"Barom, what's wrong? If you didn't want me to open the door, you could've just told me. Not scare me." 

"Don't ever open this door unless I say so." 

"O-okay." 

Barom has never used this tone of voice with me. It sounded like he hated me. Who was it at the door that made him this mad? Exactly who has the power to make him so uneasy? I didn't want to venture into it anymore since I feel like he'll just get even more mad. 

We went back to the couch, but no cuddling this time. Just us there silently sitting. This silence, however, was definetly awkward. I looked at my phone and it was nearing ten o'clock. I stood up and gathered my things since it was getting late. 

"Going home already?"

I nodded in reply and headed towards the door to put on my shoes. As I was slipping my shoes on, I felt Barom's presence behind me. 

"If I scared you earlier, please forget about it." 
"It's fine, everyone has an episode somedays."

He chuckled. "Thanks for understanding, Jihyun. Goodnight."

I turned to look at him before

Please log in to read the full chapter