Seventeen Cherries: Dinner Party! (Eating with the Enemies?)

A to Z (Cup): Cherry Boy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

                                                

 

 

 

Sandara POV:

Just what the actually eff is going on here. Like someone please tell me what is happening right in front of my eyes. Please tell me I'm not seeing what I'm seeing. Tell me I didn't hear what I just heard. Park Bom and Donghae... And... And JIYONG'S PARENTS?! Just what kind of twilight zone did I enter into?!

(Narrator): A Romantic/Comedy kind?

Oh ghad

Oh ghad

Oh.Freaking.Ghad!

I seriously wanna tear Jiyong into pieces, but given the fact that he doesn't seem to know what's going on, I'll let it slide. Why in the hell would Bom and Donghae have dinner with his parents, like all buddy-buddy? Since when did they know his parents?! I bet they're up to something real fishy.

"Dara... Dara... Dara!", called out the sound of Jiyong's voice to rescue me from my state of confusion. "Are you okay?"

"N-No! Like hell I am! I'm not even a little bit okay! Is this some kind of set up?!"

"Knowing my parents, I bet it is and I fell for it like an idiot", Jiyong confessed.

"Then what about those two?"

"Either he got dragged into this or he told them that we were also staying here."

"You mean Donghae? Is he acquainted with your parents?"

"More than you know, but at this moment I don't have time to explain. Unfortunately we need to make an appreance with them, especially now that the owner of the resort is walking towards them."

"Th-The o-owner?!", I asked, flabbergasted and in shock.

"Yeah. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but given the fact that not all of us are on good terms, try to act like you can coexist with them", Jiyong asked me. Well more like pleaded. "I could care less about what my parents think, but since the owner is here..."

"I understand. I'll do my damnest to make a good impression, but this will cost you", I warned.

"Being with you is already costing me more than you know. Let's mingle."

I have no idea what the future turn of events will play out, but for now I need to keep my game face. I can do my upmost best not to make Jiyong's parents think I'm not some girl who rented their precious son just so I can be pleasured.

(Narrator): But that's exactly who you are.

My biggest worry is Bom because she knows how I am and she can spot a fake me in seconds. I have no idea if she will try to call me out in front of them or say coded messages to me without them understanding it. Even though she is my biggest weak spot, she's also my greatest strength. There's not much she can say since she's in the same predictament as me. Finding out that Donghae knows his parents could be quite the advantage since he doesn't seem like the type to make bad choices in life.

Unlike a certain someone I know...

(Narrator): You? Wait, I know the answer! All of you!

We were already on the move towards the lion's den. I snugged my arm casually and naturally around Jiyong's arm to make it look like we didn't just meet for the first time today. He looked at me a little questionable, but didn't say anything since we need to put on 'airs' for these people.

All that's needed is a small but warm smile to let them know that I am approachable.

"Ah! Kwon Jiyong! You made it!", welcome the owner of the International Cusinie. "Thank you for accepting my invitation. Sorry about surprising you with the extra company that we'll be joining us. Your mother told me to keep it a secret."

"I'm sure she did. She always had a way to keep me on my toes", Jiyong said in a way that made me think I need to be careful around his mother.

The owner looks as though this isn't the first restaurant he has open. For his age, mid-fifities may be, he's well built and his posture is a straight as it can get. I could easily tell that he was either born with a golden or man-made his own. Spackles of gray shine through his shiny black hair. His hair reminded me of what I've seen in movies about aristocrats from the forties and fifities.

"And who might this be?", the owner asked as he gazed upon me.

"This is my date Sandara Park. She's on summer break from college, so I asked her to accompany me here. I'm sure Sulli must have given you all the details."

"Yes she did. All on the computer and never to my face. I suppose that is what we become now", he smiled, but something in that smile seem... forced. "Shall we continue over where the rest are waiting?"

The restaruant owner walked before us and just like obident children, we followed. My chest began to tighten as we walked closer and closer to the most dangerous table in the entire place. Usually I'm a bit more composed than this. I guess having to suddenly meet Jiyong's parents was never in the cards for me. I mean it's a fake relationship after all. I never met any man's family member, but to be honest it's not like we lasted that long.

(Narrator): Gurrrll!! I'm glad you said before I did!

Our table was set to the side and section off with these mini partitions that look like real rose bushes. If there wasn't a way to make more people stare at us, rose bushes and a huge circle table with the owner guiding us will do it.

"You'll be alright", Jiyong said, I guess to calm my nerves.

"Of course I will. I'm Sandara Park. If I can't even do this much than what kind of girl would that make me?", I said with as much confidence as I could muster so he wouldn't doubt me.

"Human, approachable, cute... I can continue if you like."

"Just can it jerk."

"Jiyongie!", cheerfully called out an older woman to him as we finally stood next to the table awaiting for our arrival. "For a second I thought you were going to stand us up."

"If I knew you were here, may be", mumbled Jiyong under his breath. Odd...

I looked towards what I automatically assumed to be is mother. I'm a bit surprised that she didn't look as old as I assumed she would look. Dressed in a white and black knee length gown, her wavy hair passed her shoulders, stood his mother.

Their skin must be genetic, I thought to myself as I saw how fair and flawless her skin is like her son. I took notice to a pearl necklace draped around her neck and any jeweler could tell that it cost more than my school tuition. Well I got a scholarship, but still.

"I'm glad to see that your still alive and well", said a man that didn't look to much older than Donghae.

Unlike Jiyong's mother, he wore an all white suit (well vest and shirt since his jacket laid neatly on a coat rack not too far from us). I could tell from his posture that he took very care of his body. His muscles showed a little the moment he stood up. He didn't look like he missed a meal in his life, unlike my date over here.

"I could say the same to you too, dad. I was sure mom would have made you crazy by now."

(Narrator and Dara): DAD?!?!?!

That's his dad?! B-But how?! I mean his mom doesn't look that old herself, but I would have sworn she liked them young. Like right out of the womb young.

"I guess I'm the only that can put up with her so called craziness. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude, but who must this-"

"Take a sit Jiyong! There's no point in you standing all day. It is a dinner party after all", his mother happily interrupted.

Okay...

"But there's only one extra chair. You did know I had a guest right?", asked Jiyong to his mother.

"No. I just found out before you got here."

"That's unlike you since I know you're known for knowing everything that goes around, even if you're not around."

"It's okay Jiyong. I can get one for myself", I spoke up so I wouldn't look like the the odd one out. I can already tell that Jiyong's mom is full of it by when she interrupted her husband. I know that game very well. I think this  isthe fastest I didn't like someone since Suzy, and I really can't stand her.

"I'll get it. There's no way I'll let my date do something I'm suppose to do", responded Jiyong firmly. "Give me a moment."

"Thank you."

I watched Jiyong take his leave (more like breather) to get a chair for me. If this was a different day and a different restaurant and they weren't invited, I'm pretty sure I would have to get it myself. He must not see eye to eye with his mother often.

"I'm really sorry about that", he father once again apologize.

"You don't have to apologize for not being able to control what someone else does. But thank you", I said as I glance quickly at his mother who was eye siding me. She knows what I'm talking about.

Due to the awkwardness in the area, my eyes began to drift here and there until they lay themselves upon Bom and Donghae. Two more people I don't care for at this very moment. Donghae for some reason look like he rather be somewhere else and Bom on the hand... look like she didn't care either way.

"Sorry it took long", I heard Jiyong say right behind me. "It took me longer than I thought to find a comfortable chair for you."

"It's okay. You didn't have to-"

Just what kind of chair is this? This look like the kind of chair you give the guest of honor. He must be doing this on purpose to piss off his mother.

"I wanted you to be as comfortable as possible since there's no telling how long we'll be stuck- I mean staying here", Jiyong smiled. He really is trying his best huh?

"Th-Thank you", I responded and took my sit next to him.

"Good. Now that everyone's here, how about we finally get something to eat", the owner said then called over two people to attend to us.

After each and everyone of us looked at the menu and decided what we wanted to eat and drink, the waiters took our menus and went into the back, leaving us alone.

"So Donghae, how have you been? I heard that you started looking for a new place to live", Jiyong's father started the conversation. Time to lea

Please log in to read the full chapter