If

It Has To Be You
Jin Woon walk out of Ki Seop’s room and back to his room when he’s supposed to do another checkup on another patient. Even if he pretended to be fine, he know it well that he’s very jealous of Ki Seop and Eun Mi. Even if he lied to himself that he could give up Eun Mi’s love and only want Eun Mi’s friendship but no, he know he can’t.

“Excuse me Dr.Jin Woon but you have another patient to take care of.” The nurse that had been following her around, Hara said. Hara is the nurse that is assigned to help him for today.

“I’m sorry, I was feeling a bit tired just now. Let’s go and check up the patient.” Jin Woon said to Hara.

Jin Woon walk through the hospital corridor to the next patient he should be checking. He passed by Ki Seop’s room with thoughts wondering if Eun Mi still lying on the bed with Ki Seop? Is Ki Seop really her boyfriend? Not even once she ever introduced Ki Seop to him. He only heard it from Hye Ri, ‘Eun Mi already have someone who could protect her’ and that someone Hye Ri said is Ki Seop.

[Jin Woon]

While doing the checkup on my last patient, Hara keep on taking notes. She’s the same age with me but she sure looks like she’s 17. She’s very tiny and she has a very sweet smile, no wonder all kids in the hospital love her.

After the checkup, I stop in front of Ki Seop’s room trying to peek at what they’re doing since the door is not close. I could hear Eun Mi mocking me, even though she’s mocking me, I can’t help myself but to laugh at her foolishness. I watch as Eun Mi gets back and lie down next to Ki Seop. If my heart could explode, it would explode right now and it would be me lying on the hospital bed.

“Don’t you think they’re a cute couple?” Hara asks me. I didn’t even realize Hara is still behind me. She smile sweetly at me and I just smile back at her refusing to answer her. They do look sweet but their sweetness hurts me.

“The patient, Lee Ki Seop seems like a very nice boyfriend. Even though he’s the sick one, he still take good care of his girlfriend. This is the first time I ever see a boyfriend as sweet as him.” Hara said again. Hara is sweet but all of her words sound like it’s stabbing my heart. Ki Seop is the sweet boyfriend that take good care of Eun Mi, the girl that I love. Even Hara thought Ki Seop is Eun Mi’s boyfriend. A stranger could think of them as a couple, what more do I have to know?

I close their door as I can’t take a look at them anymore and walk back to my room. Hara follows me as she needs to put the report on my table. Once I enter the room, I hit the table with my hand and shock Hara. My hand is red showing the pain it feels but I don’t feel anything. My mind are full with what Hara had said and what I had saw.

“Doctor, are you ok? Did you hurt your hand?” Hara said as she put down all the report and hold my hand. No blood are coming out from my hand.

“I’m fine Hara-ssi, don’t worry. I’m sorry if I scared you but could you leave me alone?” I said to Hara. Hara look at me worried but then left the room as what I told her.

‘The patient, Lee Ki Seop seems like a very nice boyfriend’ I could hear what Hara said echoing in my mind. If only I wasn’t too foolish having all those grudges on Eun Mi, I could be the nice boyfriend to Eun Mi too. Yes, again with the ‘ifs’.

======================================/

[FLASBACK]

“The word ‘if’ is like a word used in a fairytale” Jin Woon read back Eun Mi status. He knows it is for him since he said to her, “If you never leave, thing could be the same…”

Then Eun Mi update her status again, “you’re the one who hated me living in the fairytale land, why are you even mentioning ‘if’ to me? I could never accept the word ‘if’ if we’re talking about fairytale.”

Jin Woon could feel the sarcasm in her status, so he decided to update his status, “if is the word use to talk about possibilities, possibilities are everywhere… it’s not a word that is used in fairytale only…”

Eun Mi is fast and she replied again, “Yes ‘if’ is for possibilities but there’s no ‘if’ when we’re talking about the past. There’s no more possibilities because it is all in the past, there’s no more possibilities for us to change the past…”

“IF”, That is Jin Woon last status update as he don’t want to argue with Eun Mi. With that status, that is when Jin Woon stop contacting Eun Mi. Eun Mi give him a lot of comment and message but none of it get replied. Only after 6 months of trying did Eun Mi start giving up on Jin Woon. Even though Eun Mi give up on Jin Woon, she still wrote some stuff that Jin Woon know is for him.

[FLASHBACK ENDED]

“You stupid egoistic maniac!! If you stop being like that, you could still at least have the friendship!!” I scream and punch the wall this time. It sure hurts but I’m numb. There are blood coming out from my hand but how am I supposed to wrap my hand myself?

I called out to Hara to my room and asks her help. She wrap my right hand with the bandages and shook her hand at how foolish I am for hurting myself. She didn’t know the reason I’m doing this but I couldn’t agree with her more, I am stupid for hurting myself.

“Doctor, maybe I should remind you that you are a doctor. Patients take advice from you, but no patients would take advice from a doctor that couldn’t even take good care of themselves.” Right when Hara said this, I could see how Hara and Eun Mi resembles each other. Hara always love sweet couple and so does Eun Mi. Hara words are said sarcastically and that’s how Eun Mi is too.

“Goo Hara-ssi, is it ok if we become friends?” Those words just come out from my mouth. Hara look at me surprised and nod her head. I don’t even know what just happened, those words come out without I realize it.