Could Be You

It Has To Be You
Jin Woon goes back to his old house where he used to live with his mother before her mother passed away. He chooses to let the house empty instead of renting it or selling it to others. He open up the drawers in his old room to find a letter from Eun Mi that she wrote to him after leaving their hometown.

The letter is already 7 years old. She left the hometown when she was 14 and never came back. One attempt from her is only to contact them from the internet. Like fairytale land, internet is a land where everything seems nice. He don’t like surfing the internet where people goes for online social networking site but that is the place where he met her back. It was because of Hye Ri. She was the one that told him that she found Eun Mi there.

The letter had not once been open, it is still nicely wrap in the blue envelope. Jin Woon refuses to open it because to him, Eun Mi won’t have anything else to say to him if she leaves him without any goodbye. He didn’t even have the chance to tell her that he loves her, and she just left.

“Maybe it’s time for me to open it. I already have a girlfriend I should take good care of. I shouldn’t be keeping Eun Mi besides me.” Jin Woon said to himself and starts opening the letter. Right when he opens it, something fall down. He bend down to see what it is and pick it up, it’s the pen that she carry around with her all the time.

‘Hello Jin. I guess when you read this letter, I already left Korea. I’m sorry that I move out to Seattle without goodbye. You know, there are way too many things that are left untold. Too many secrets to be unfold that I think leaving here is the best thing to do. I can’t bear leaving with my mom or my dad when they are still fighting each other over money while going through the divorce. So, I choose to go to Seattle to where my aunt is living. When she visits me, she told me that I could come to her when the burden on my shoulder is getting too heavy. This is why I wish I could live in a fairytale land.

Jin, the last thing I would want to do is to ever hurt you or Hye Ri. Both of you are the greatest present I have in my life. Even if you never like me saying how I would want to live in a fairytale land, both of you are the fairytale to my life. You are the prince that saves me from the evil stepmother and stepsister. Hye Ri is the godmother that helps me through everything. I wish I could share all my secrets to you but I’m afraid if I start telling, the fairytale in my life would start leaving, what are left would be sympathies. I don’t want that.

I could only say sorry for leaving without goodbye. Jin, of all this while I’d been keeping it inside, I love you Jung Jin Woon, always had. You’re the first man that I love, will be forever. Please do write back to me with the pen I gave you, I’ll be waiting…’

Jin Woon had tears in his eyes. If only, and if only he open up his eyes to see what had Eun Mi been hidden behind her sweet smile, he could have seen the sorrowful in her eyes. But no, Jin Woon choose to believe what he saw, not even once he ever tried to figured out the stories behind the sweet smile owned by the friend that he deeply love.

When they first contacted each other, Jin Woon could see how happy Eun Mi was but as excited as Jin Woon is, he still have grudge against her on leaving without any goodbye. Even after Hye Ri trying to convince him that Eun Mi leave for a reason, he never once believe. If only he open the letter earlier, he would have known. Yes, IF, that’s the word Eun Mi said she hated the most and the reason she hated that word is because of him. After purposely losing contact with Eun Mi, Jin Woon still keep on observing what Eun Mi would say. He knows everything about Eun Mi.

He also knows about the fact that Eun Mi was hurt by the changes in him. How a nerdy boy suddenly become the popular boy that he didn’t even had any time to reply her message. How a shy boy keep on changing girlfriends.

“No, you’re not the person I fall in love with…” that was one of the thing she wrote on her profile.

Jin Woon grab his cell phone and dial out Hye Ri’s number. He knows he want to asks something to Hye Ri. Hye Ri too said Jin Woon had change, and she was really mad at Jin Woon for changing. She’s more mad when Jin Woon keep on blaming Eun Mi for everything that happened to himself.

“Hye Ri-ah, I have a question.” Jin Woon said.

“What?”

“Do you know about what happened to Eun Mi before she moves to Seattle?”

“No, she never told me about it.”

“I thought she did…”

“After 7 years never mentioning about Eun Mi except for blaming her, why are you asking about her? Don’t tell me you just found out about the reason she left Korea?”

“Yes” Jin Woon said sound regretful.

“What happened to the letter she wrote to you 7 years ago?” Hye Ri asks angrily.

“I never read it.” Jin Woon said.

“Jin Woon, even if you feel regretful right now, you can’t turn back time. You can’t go back to her when you already throw the chance to be with her. She already has someone that could protect her. That someone could have been you if you weren’t too foolish.” Hye Ri said and end their conversation.
_________________________________________

No readers?
mmm..
that's sad!!