Letting Go

It Has To Be You
“How long are you planning to keep on holding to Ki Seop?” Hye Ri asks Eun Mi in her room. Hye Ri came to visit her in Seoul along with Jun Su and their twins.

“Holding on to Ki Seop?” Eun Mi asks.

“I don’t know what’s your feeling towards Ki Seop. At times, I could see that you love him but sometimes it looks like the love you have for him are just friends. How long are you going to keep him waiting?” Hye Ri asks.

“Ki Seop is very special to me. Nothing could replace him.” Eun Mi said not even bothering to answer Hye Ri’s question. Eun Mi only has four hours of free time before Jaebum is off to another recording.

“I don’t know Eun Mi, it hurts me to see both of you hurting. Both Jin Woon and Eun Mi, my dearest friends are changing. Jin Woon is no longer the nerdy boy that smiles sweetly to me at all my silliness, and Eun Mi is no longer the neutral one between us, that is as cheerful as me and as nerdy as Jin Woon. Both of you are no longer different in personality, both of you are the same now, the cold ones, with little differences. Jin Woon is too negative while you’re positive.” Hye Ri said.

“I guess that means you can only rely to Jun Su oppa who had never changed. That one man outside there, he’s the most reliable person in this world. That is the only person I could trust to ever give you away to him. That person would never hurt my dearest friend! Kim Hye Ri, as time goes by, people change. I’m more matured, that’s all.” Eun Mi said.

“If maturing means you can no longer be the cheerful girl you used to be, I could have my magic lamp and wish for the immature Park Eun Mi.” Hye Ri said.

“Remember that the last wish out of the three wish you made are to have twins. You had used up all three wishes, no more wishes left for you. First wishes was, ‘I hope Jun Su oppa will like me back’, second wish was ‘I hope Jun Su oppa will be my husband’ and the last wish was ‘I want to have twins for Jun Su oppa’. Even without hoping for all of those stuffs, you will still get it because I know how much Jun Su oppa love you. He could give up the world to have you. Treasure him.” Eun Mi said to Hye Ri.

“Jun Su is my husband; Park Eun Mi and Jung Jin Woon are my friends. In any ways I try to look at it, Jun Su is not my nerdy and cheerful friends.” Hye Ri said. She just wishes for her friend back. She don’t want her friends that had been hurt by the past and could not look forward, she wants her friend that is healed from any kind of hurt from the past.

“I can’t promise you that I won’t hurt you, Hye Ri. I can’t promise you anything on Jin Woon too. Jin Woon and me, we can’t even look at each other anymore. We’re going to hurt each other even more if we ever meet. Hye Ri, I’ll still be with you forever.” Eun Mi said and hug Hye Ri.

“If only you could let go of the past Eun Mi, both of you could still move on without any hurts. Both of you didn’t even try to let go of the past.” Hye Ri said disappointed. She had never cry to Jin Woon even though Jin Woon that change in front of her hurt her the most. All the tears she’s holding back all these while to get back her friends to where they left 7 years ago, she let it all out in Eun Mi’s hug.

“Admit it Hye Ri, we could never let go of the past. The past are not something to let go, it’s something we’ll hold forever. We lived today because of the past.” Eun Mi said.

“Loosen your grip a bit to open your eyes to what had been waiting for you presently. As much as I wish for you and Jin Woon to be together, I know it’s impossible. Ki Seop is a nice guy, I could see that and I’m sure you know that too.” Hye Ri said to Eun Mi.

“Talking about that angel, he will be arriving any time soon. Once he arrived, I have to go to work dear.” Eun Mi said to Hye Ri.

“Don’t you have a car?” Hye Ri asks.

“Me? Car? It is still in the workshop. How awful Jaebum oppa driving is, that is just how awful my driving is too.” Eun Mi said.