No one live in a fairytale land

It Has To Be You
Eun Mi look at the photo she had kept hidden inside her kitchen. She took it and walk to the living room with it. It had been exactly three years since she last look at the photo. Eun Mi was sitting next to the nerdy Jin Woon and the cheerful Hye Ri. They could see each personality by just looking at the photo. Eun Mi, she’s as cheerful as Hye Ri but not as crazy as Hye Ri. She’s as clever as Jin Woon but not as nerdy as he is.

[FLASHBACK]

“When we’re talking about NaCl, there’s no other thing besides Sodium Chloride, why are you saying I’m wrong? What is NaCl then?” Jin Woon asks.

“I didn’t say you were wrong, I just make a face when you said it’s Sodium Chloride, that’s all.” Eun Mi said.

“Come on kids, are you going to keep on fighting about NaCl? Even Jae Joong doesn’t know what NaCl is!” Hye Ri said while flipping through the magazine in her hand without any interest.

“And you don’t know what NaCl too!” Eun Mi and Jin Woon said.

“Ooh, you’re synchronizing! So when are you going to date each other?” Hye Ri asks. Eun Mi quickly push Hye Ri’s head for joking like that.

“FASTER! NO ONE CARE FOR THE NaCl, I’m hungry!!” Hye Ri said.

“Aish, just eat the food your crush, Jun Su bought for you.” Eun Mi said.

“Aish, selfish people!!” Hye Ri said and start eating.

Hye Ri went out of the class to find Jun Su. Eun Mi and Jin Woon start doing their homework quietly after fighting about NaCl. They even laugh once in a while thinking about what they fought about. It’s just sound stupid to fight about NaCl.

“Where have you been all this while? Out of two weeks, this is the only day where I could see you.” Jin Woon said.

“Ooh? I was taking care of my grandmother at my house, she’s sick.” Eun Mi said.

“Oh, your grandmother is at your house? I didn’t know. How is she now?” Jin Woon asks.

“She’s fine now and she’s not at her home.” Eun Mi said.

“Why didn’t she stay with you?” Jin Woon asks.

“She prefers staying at her own house.” Eun Mi said.

They stay in silence for a while. Even though they didn’t say a word but the smiles on their face never fade away. It’s like the silence between them are actually the sound of their heart talking to each other.

“Eun Mi!!!” Someone screams from behind. There’s no other people would scream that loud calling for Eun Mi.

“What?” Eun Mi asks.

“Jun Su oppa, he gave me this ring. He proposed to me. He want me to be his girlfriend.” Hye Ri said excited.

“And you said yes?” Eun Mi asks suddenly feeling as excited as Hye Ri is.

“Yes and we live happily ever after!” Hye Ri said.

“Happily ever after? It’s only seconds since he proposed to be his GIRLFRIEND, not his WIFE and you’re already happily ever after? This is not some fairytale land you could live.” Jin Woon said.

“You’re trying to bring me back into reality, nice try. Even if this is not a fairytale land, I could choose to live in one.” Hye Ri said.

“No one live in a fairytale land and when you fall in love, you simply want to be awake all the time because reality is better than fantasy.” Jin Woon said.

“Are you sure you’re a boy? You sound girly that way.” Eun Mi said.

[FLASBACK ENDED]

“Yes, no one live in a fairytale land. I guess Hye Ri really choose to live in her own fairytale land. She married Jun Su and already has twins.” Eun Mi said to herself.

The one that had been wishing she would live in a fairytale land would be Eun Mi. Hye Ri was talking about fairytale in sarcasm to Eun Mi. No one else know how hard Eun Mi’s life is besides Hye Ri and Ki Seop.

___________________________________________

I'm not very good at writing story with 'sad themes' cause I'm always writing story that is bubbly and cheerful... sorry if it's boring...
:D

- if you all confused, this flashback was in 2002, I made a mistake, so the JAEJOONG mentioned in the story is let's just say a popular guy in school?