Chapter 8-It's Our Room

One Story, Three Endings

 

In a week, the unused music room will be turned into an art room.

“Fujioka, they said they’ll turn this music room into an art room because no one’s using it anymore.”

“We’re using it! We’re using it afterschool…aren’t we senpai?”

“They are not going to sacrifice the students in need of art rooms for the study time of two people who use it after school.”

“…”

I turned away. This room…even though it’s almost empty…

It feels important to me now. It’s like me and senpai’s…own private room.

“Senpai…”

Ootori-san opened his laptop. The loud sound of the laptop echoed through the vast room. “What?”

“What does this room mean to you…?” I questioned him with a serious face. He just nodded.

…Sigh.

---------

Last day of the room being an unused music room. I just tried to ignore the fact that this room will change. There’s still the library anyway, and I can study there whenever I want. I gave up on asking senpai to stop the student council from changing this room.

After school, I headed straight to the music room for the last time.

…?

Senpai wasn’t anywhere to be seen. I searched for him in his classroom. Not there.

In the gym? Hahaha…not there too.

I passed by the student council room. He was there, talking to the president. After a few seconds, he bowed. He walked straight outside. “Fujioka?” “Senpai, what happened?”

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t stop them from changing the room.”

…sen…pai… …

He…tried to stop them…

“Senpai, what does that room mean to you?”

He looked a little shocked from the question, and then he smiled and nodded. Sigh.

“Well, senpai…thanks for trying. I gotta get home now. Bye bye.” I turned around and started walking towards the hallway.

“It’s our own study room. I think that answers your question?”

I turned around once more. “Me too, it’s important to me.”

Senpai pushed his glasses up a little bit. “Sorry I couldn’t protect it, but I hope that we can still study together in the library.”

Kyouya-END