Chapter 5

One Story, Three Endings

 

I don’t want to go out today, I want to study and I have no time for clubs.

I replied no to Hikaru and Tamaki. I looked at Hikaru. He signed back OKAY and smiled and paid attention to class. I looked at Suoh. He looked like he was about to cry. Sigh.

Dismissal came. I wanted to study even more. Fine, call me a geek or anything but I don’t care because I have a dream I wanted to fulfill.

I passed by the abandoned music room.

…a good place to study…

I opened the door and stepped inside. “Ah, konnichiwa senpai.” Ootori-san was typing something in his laptop. He nodded without looking up. He seems busy. I looked at him for a moment and went to the corner of the room and sat there, reading my books. A couple of hours passed. I stood up.

“Senpai, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He nodded without looking up from his laptop, again. Sigh.

I opened the door and headed outside but before I closed it, “See you.” He said.

Weird guy.

Two days passed. On my way to school, I saw Ootori-san on the way to school again. “Ah, ohayo gozaimasu.” “O-Ohayo.”

I looked at him. “Senpai, you looked tired.” He looked at me, startled. “Ah, no, it’s nothing. Maybe it’s just fatigue.” “Uh…okay…” I looked around. “The cherry blossoms today sure are pretty.”

Ootori-san touched his forehead, and after a few moments, he collapsed.

“S-SENPAI!!!” I leaned closer and touched his forehead. It is fatigue. School wasn’t that far so I took him to the infirmary.

Few moments later, he woke up. “Eh?” “Senpai! Are you ok now?” “W-What happened?” “You collapsed on the way to school.”

Hearing what I said, he sat up. “…W-What time is it?!” I looked at my watch.

“Almost dismissal.”

He gasped and stood up quickly. “Damn it! Why didn’t you wake me up?!” I almost fell from the chair. “B-But senpai, you looked tired and you were sound asleep…”

He clenched his fists. “Even so!” He yelled at me and left the room.

What the heck?