Chapter 7

One Story, Three Endings

 

Kyouya’s POV:

“Senpai! Konnichiwa!” I heard Fujioka’s voice echo around in this big room when she greeted me. This time, I looked up from my laptop because I’m nearly finished with my work. “Ah, konnichiwa Fujioka-san.”

Every day would be like this. She would enter this room to study, sometimes she talks to me, even though she disturbs my work.

But I don’t hate being with her either.

“Senpai, here.” She sat down beside me and gave me a can of coffee.

“Thanks.”

“You know senpai, sometimes it’s not a bad idea to take a break from work.” She looked across the room.

“…why are you telling me this? You don’t even have a job. All you do is study and have fun.”

I mean, really…she could have a job, but I’m sure she’s not the vice president of some company like me or something like that.

“That is true…” She said, opening one of her books. “But I know that you should, because you’re still a high school student like me.”

Haruhi’s (You) POV:

“Well, I have to study for our test tomorrow. I’ll be sitting there.” I stood up and walked across the room. I continued to study, but senpai just sat there, staring at the can of coffee I gave him a while ago.

A few minutes later, I came across a problem that I couldn’t understand. I looked at Ootori-san and walked over to where he was sitting. He was drinking the can of coffee.

“Ano, senpai, could you help me with this one? I can’t understand it.”

He looked at my notes. “That’s because you did the opposite of this and you forgot to check that one…” He pointed out my mistakes and I learned how to solve the problem in no time.

“Ah! Arigato senpai!” I said and headed back to my position. Suddenly, the door opened. A student went in.

“Ah, Ootori-san?” “What is it Mori-senpai?” Senpai stood up and talked to him.

They talked for minutes. Then they finished.

“Gomenasai Ootori-san. Please understand.” The student left the room.

Senpai didn’t look too happy. “Senpai? Is something the matter?” “Fujioka-san…They…”

After what senpai said, I couldn’t speak.

They’re going to turn this room into an art room,

And students aren’t allowed to stay here for as long as they like.