Chapter 12

One Story, Three Endings

 

Haruhi’s (You) POV:

He forgot me… He forgot me…!

I couldn’t help but cry the second I found out that my best friend had forgotten who I am…

I ran out of the room, sobbing. All of this is my fault… How am going to help him get his memory back?

I brushed off my tears with the back of the hand. What’s the next step? Koaru came out a few moments later, apologizing for what happened. “Hikaru was just confused…I’m really sorry. I didn’t know he…”

“It’s okay Koaru.” I cut him in the middle of his sentence. We just smiled at each other. “I know he’ll eventually remember you.” I looked at him. “What do you mean?”

He looked away. “His mind might forget, but I’m sure it’s impossible for his heart to.”

I burst out laughing. “You’ve been watching too much TV. What the heck do you mean by that?!” I kept on giggling, holding onto my sides.

“I believe I can’t tell you.” He gave me a devilish smile.

…huh…

----------

The next day was school day. As I walked to school, I bumped into Suoh. “Ah, ohayo.”

He smiled. “Ah…Ohayo gozaimasu Fujioka, so I guess your friend is finally back…?” “Who?”

Suoh laughed foolishly. “The one who told me to shut up. Was it Hamachi Hikari…? No that sounds like a girl with a fish in her name…”

I brightened up. “Hikaru! I’ll see you later in class Suoh-san!” I ran off with a smile in my lips.

“Oh…so it was Hitachiin Hikaru…my bad…” I heard him say before I passed through the school gates.

He’s finally in school! I entered the hallway, but a large crowd was blocking the way. What’s happening here? I slowly pushed myself through the crowd. Everyone was whispering with each other.

“The delinquent Hitachiin is fighting with delinquent Tachibana! I wonder who’s going to win?” “I’m on Tachibana’s side. He’s bigger and stronger.” “No way, Hitachiin is faster…!” “Aren’t the teachers going to come…? They’re gonna get hurt…!”

Hikaru…!

I finally pushed through. What a sight greeted my eyes.

Hikaru was on the floor taking every blow being shot at him by the guy named Tachibana Seiji, the one who hit him before with the steel pipe.