Chapter 8

Strangers in Love

 

 Yamada leaned on the wall and just stared at Chinen while she is eating. He laughed silently on the adorable acts of the little girl. Whenever she smiles, he smiles too. When Chinen finished eating, he approached her and Chinen quickly change his smiling face to an uncaring look.

“So, Ms. Squirrel, what do you think about my food?”

“Ms. Squirrel?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s the one printed in your towel right? You look like one!”

“Don’t call me strange nicknames Mr. Buta! And as for your food, it’s nothing out of the ordinary, it’s just a simple pancake, hmmp.” She stated harshly, not knowing that Yamada is watching her eat the whole time. She has a pride to maintain.

Yamada chuckles, “You’re a stubborn girl with a lot of pride!”

“WHAT?! Well you’re a boastful boy who thinks that he’s perfect!”

“Am I not?”

Chinen shot her a death glare and again the boy laughs.

“Hey... Don’t be angry,okay? I’m just teasing you.”

“Whatever, I don’t care, I’m going to school.” She flips her long hair and went to the door angrily.

“Wait Chii! You didn’t clean your plates!” he sighed as he saw Chinen left the house already. He quickly washed the plates and ran fast to reach Chinen.

They are already near the school when Yamada caught up with Chinen.

“Hey Chii!!! I told you to wait for me!” he blocked Chinen’s way as he stood there panting.

“I don’t like to wait for you, that’s all.” She replied coldly.

“You’re really full of pride Ms. Squirrel!” he said as he pinches and pulls both of Chinen’s cheeks.

“Ouch.. Ewnd yowr sow fuwl owf yowrself!” she said as she also pinches and pulls Yamada’s cheeks.

“What?!” he then loosen his pinch and let the squirrel speak clearly.

“I said you’re full of yourself!” she said as she pinches his cheeks more harshly.

They continue pulling each other’s cheeks not caring that all of the students are now staring at them.

“Awwww, how sweet! It’s still early and I am seeing a rabu rabu moment from these two young hearts!” said a person that is next to them.

Chinen looks at the girl as she remove her hands from Yamada’s cheek and the latter did the same, “Inoo-senpai!” she said cheerfully and hug the girl.

“Ow, easy dear, my perfect body might be crushed!” she jokingly said as she winked at Chinen.

“You, you are the waitress from the ice cream parlor right?!” Yamada exclaimed.

Now, Inoo looked at him from head to toe, Yamada felt conscious of himself because he was being examined by a person that looked like a goddess, “Oh! You’re the guy that is there yesterday! You know Yuri, this guy went in there and attract many girl customers. Oh, you must see them flirting but he ignored them! Then he ordered a strawberry parfait and eat it like a child! I think he loves strawberry very much, and then Yuri, he just yelled at the group of guys next to him, something about betting. He is so angry that he punched them and then they continued their brawl outside! Yuri! This guy caused a lot of commotion there!!!! But I guess, there’s really no harm done, I don’t like those group of guys before, they look like they want to me, so I’m glad that he taught them a lesson!”

Yamada’s jaw dropped. Inoo is such a talkative person that he told Chinen all that happened yesterday as if forgetting that he can hear all that she said. Chinen chuckles, her senpai never changed. She now knew a glimpse of what happened yesterday but she decided to drop the topic and just ask Yamada later.

“I see senpai, by the way, what brings you here?”

“Oh right, I  am just getting some documents here. My university is needing some of my old files.”

“Waaah~! I thought you missed me that’s why you visited!” Chinen pouted.

“Dear, I missed you so much! You’re also one of the reason why I came back! And besides, i have many stories to tell you!”

Hearing this, Yamada shook his head. This will be a long day if Inoo said “many stories.” How long does she needs to tell one story? He looked at his watch and saw that it’s only ten minutes until the class starts.

“Ehem... The class will start soon, could you save your stories later?” he said loudly. He’s annoyed that Chinen seems to forgot his presence. He grabs her wrist and started running towards their respective classrooms.

“See you later Inoo-senpai!” Yamada smirks.

“You’re a badboy! You just want to take all of Yuri’s attention! Yuri! I will see you at lunch okay?!” she shouted as the two run away.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Release me!” Chinen exclaimed as they reach her classroom.

“What? You’re still angry at me?” Yamada puffed his cheeks and Chinen laughs loudly while holding his stomach.

“You.. Hahahaha! You look like a Buta, Yama-chan! Hahahaha!” and the girl earned another hard pinched on the cheeks from Mr. Buta.

“Mou... Stop it! Just go to your classroom Chii!” he said as he pushed Chinen inside while he headed to his own classroom.

When Chinen entered, she saw that all eyes are on her. Some girls are giving her a death stare. She just shrugged as she sits on her chair and then the teacher comes in to start the lessons.

 

As soon as the bell rings, signalling for luchbreak, a group of girls approached Chinen.

“Hey, are you Yamada-sama’s girlfriend?” one of the girl asked straight to the point.

“No.” She replied coldly.

“Then stay away from him! You looks like a , flirting with him!” another one said.

Chinen can’t believe what she heard, “Excuse me, I am not a , I don’t even like him, watch your words dear, I might cut your tongue next time.” She said seriously and one of the girls slap her.

“You dare to speak to us like that?! How dare you! You’re a , a , a good-for-nothing person!!!” and again, another slap. Chinen is containing her tears until she heard someone calls him.

“CHIIIIII!!!” she turned around and saw Yamada running toward her. All the girls gave her another death glare as they leave.

“What?!” she said, annoyed.

“Mou... I just came here to bring your lunch! I cooked it earlier but forgot to give it to you. Here. Why are you angry??” he asked worriedly.

“Because I’ve been called a because of you!” she replied, taking the bento from him.

“WHAT?! Who said that? And why does it have something to do with me?” he said innocently.

Chinen is now very angry, she wants to slap Yamada just to ease her pain. She is a simple girl, she doesn’t have many close friends and now she became every girls’ enemy because of this pig standing in front of her.

“Chii?” he asked again, holding her shoulders and looking directly in her eyes.

“I HATE YOU!” she screamed leaving Yamada there. And of course, our dense pig is not getting anything at all, so he ended up following our annoyed squirrel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~