Chapter 3

Strangers in Love

 

 

“What... What is she doing here...?!” he thought deeply, racking his brain of what happened last night. He doesn’t seem to remember anything unusual. All that he knew was he slept right after he entered the room.

He tried to stand up but failed to do so because Chinen is using his arm as the pillow. He seemed helpless at the moment. He can’t move even an inch because of her weight. Why is this girl so heavy despite of looking so skinny?

He started to pat Chinen softly, trying to wake her up. However, she didn’t even move a finger. She stayed right there. What a sleepyhead! They are facing each other, if you see them there, they looked like newlyweds enjoying their first night.

Yamada can feel her warm breath in his face and he started to feel dizzy.

He has never experienced to be this close to a girl, especially to a stranger!

He knew that nothing happened. He is a good boy, although he knew that sometimes he acts like a ert, but still! Aaaarghhh.. What is happening?!

They stayed in that position after a few minutes which for Yamada seemed like hours.  He couldn’t do anything in their current situation. He stopped moving. Now he was just staring in her face.

She definitely looks innocently and stunningly cute. He could see and study her face very well in that position. Her long eyelashes, her round eyes, her thin eyebrows, her pointed nose and her red lips. He suddenly found himself wanting to touch her face. Slowly, his hand explore her face. Her skin is so smooth and soft. His hands trailed from her forehead, down her nose around her cheeks and finally to her soft lips. His heart was now beating wildly.

They were exchanging each others warmth. He was enjoying their situation, he thought of sleeping again. Maybe this was just a dream. Well if it was then he should just go with the flow.

Suddenly Chinen started to move. He sighed with relief. However instead of moving away from him, she hugged him and snuggled closer.

“Hey! I’m not a bolster!” Yamada thought to himself. Actually, he was very surprised with her actions because with that distance their noses were already touching . He was so stunned that he forgot how to breathe.

“Ohayou...” the girl said dreamily, still tightly hugging him.

“O-Ohayou..Ch-Chii-chan.” he muttered, he couldn’t think straight nor speak normally.

Upon hearing his voice, Chinen’s eyes fluttered open. She gasped when she saw how close Yamada’s face is with hers. She quickly get up.

“What... What happened?” she asked, still not sure if this was a dream or not.

“That is what I also want to ask you.. It hurts...” he exclaimed, swinging his arms around because it became numb due to the long hours that it serve as a pillow.

“I... I don’t know...” she said and her mind goes back to the events that happened last night.

While she was in her room, she stared at her window. Her window also serves as a door, a sliding door so she can easily go out in the backyard. She stared at the transparent door, revealing the darkness of the night. She quickly covered it with the curtain. Suddenly she heard funny noises. And again, her imagination started. She run to her parents room, the place where she felt comfortable again whenever she was scared, only to find herself facing an empty room.

Right, her parents were not around. Her body carried her towards the guest room. She knocked but there were no answers so she just went in. Yamada Ryosuke was now sleeping soundly in his bed.

She suddenly felt comfortable. Her brain is easily fooled, just the mere presence of someone will make her forget her fears in just a second. She started to  walk near his bed and watch how he sleeps.

“He looks so peaceful... He’s so cute... Like a child, like an angel...” she smiled while remembering his laughter earlier. She continued to study his face until she felt sleepy, she doesn’t have the courage to go back to her room so she tried sleeping in the floor.

“Awww... my back hurts..” she exclaimed after a few minutes of lying there. She looked at the boy sleeping comfortably in his warm bed. She started patting Yamada.

“Ne.. Ne... Can I sleep here..?” she asked when she saw the boy’s eyes open a little.

Yamada nodded silently and closed his eyes after two seconds without realizing the real situation. He then sleep again like nothing happened.

Chinen slowly positioned herself to the farthest side of the bed away from Yamada. She had slept comfortably until the time when she woke up surprised at their position.

“Anoo... I think I remembered what happened...” she confessed.

“Really? Okay tell me...” he said.

They are still sitting in the bed, facing each other when Chinen started telling him what happened last night. He sighed, he does remember someone speaking but he thought that it was just a dream.

“You’re really a scaredy cat!” he laughed, breaking the tension building around them.

The little girl sulked. She is definitely a stupid scaredy cat. She slept with a stranger because of her impulse.

“I’m really, really sorry Yamada-kun, it will never happen again..” and with that, she stands up and leave the room still annoyed of what she did.

Yamada shrugged, it’s really not a big deal but then he shook his head.

It’s a big deal. He is now uncomfortable to be with her. He started to organize his things. A lot had happened since the time he entered this house. What more will happen in the succeeding days?

He yawned wildly. He’s definitely not a morning person. Usually if he woke up early, he would get irritated all day.

But facing that awkward situation, he has no right to be angry.

“Ne... I prepared breakfast, would you like to eat?” Chinen said after she knocked on his door.

“Umm... sure, I’ll just finish organizing my things.” Yamada replied.

“Ok.” She muttered and headed back to the dining room.

“Chii-chan.”

“Hai?” Chinen blushed, looking back at him in his room.

“No-nothing... Thanks for preparing breakfast.” He smiled.

Chinen nodded. She sensed the tension around them. Aaargh she’s hoping that things will go around smoothly, now that she remembered that they will be together for a week.

She started preparing the table and looked at the food.  She is not really skilled in doing these things. Usually, her parents will be preparing breakfast while she will do nothing except eating. She then sat on the chair and waited for Yamada.

Back in the room, Yamada finished putting his clothes in the cabinet and is now busy putting the other things around. He smelled the fragrance of the food and his stomach begins to rumble.

“Ahhh... I’m hungry. I guess this will be a loooong day.” And with that, he also headed towards the dining room. But before going he noticed that the door of room next to his is open and he peeked around the girl’s room. A smile was formed in his face and he now continue to go towards the dining room.

There he saw Chinen sleeping in the table. He smiled.

He sat on the chair next to her and put his face on his hands which is on the table.

He is again staring at her face and remembered how close they were earlier.

“I guess you’re also not a morning person ,right?” he said in a moderate voice and Chinen lazily opened her eyes, yawned  and nodded.

“I’m sorry, I guess I’m just spoiled here.” She smiled.

“Same here... All my life I’ve been spoiled so I guess it’s now time for me to mature. But don’t expect too much from me, I’m just a starter.”

They both laughed. Nobody knows how but with that little amount of time they spent eating, they get to know more than enough of each other. The stories just kept on flowing like they can’t get enough of the facts they get. Even their childhood experiences are also revealed. Maybe a big part of the reason of their sudden chatting is the unpleasant taste of Chinen’s cooking which lead them to ignore the food and just chat with each other.

They felt so comfortable and just laughed when they remembered what happened yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~