Chapter 17

Strangers in Love

Chapter 17

 

Chinen saw something white fall from the sky. She quickly went near the sliding door and stared at the sky. It’s now snowing. Chinen opened the door, lifted her hands and waited till a piece of snow landed in her hands. It felt so cold, but also warm. It makes her happy but when it melts she became sad.

 

She felt tears are falling down her eyes once again, her hands are still lifted until she said, “Ryosuke...”

 

She missed Yamada. It felt like it has been months since she last saw him, when in fact it’s just a few hours. And then, something moved from the backyard, just beside the sliding door. She turned around and saw Yamada standing there, his eyes are blankly staring at her.

 

Chinen is so surprised that she quickly closed the transparent sliding door, separating her from the boy outside.

 

Yamada now came to her view. He is standing in front of her while she is kneeling inside watching him. He doesn’t look like Yamada. He looks like a body without a soul. Chinen just stared at him, her hands are still pressing the door and realized that her tears are still flowing.

 

Yamada’s hands move towards her face, and he touched the door instead, serving like a barrier between them. He is acting like he’s trying to wipe her tears. She wants to open the door, let him wipe her tears, let him comfort her but she just sat there, still staring at the stranger that she had shared so many memories with.

 

Yamada placed his hands on top of her hands, the coldness of the door is seeping through their skin, when their hands should have been warm now if they are holding each other. The boy bent slowly, their faces are now of the same level.

 

Yamada leaned forward and Chinen leaned too, feeling that there’s a magnet attracting her. Still, no one is speaking. A long silence. They are just staring at each other, wanting to familiarize each other’s faces.

 

Yamada come closer, his eyes closed and slowly... slowly kissed Chinen.

 

The girl is closing her eyes too, their lips are touching the cold door. A minute passed and they slowly opened their eyes. Yamada stood up and Chinen just stared at him. And all that she remembered is that he suddenly disappeared through the night.

 

--------5th DAY--------

 

Morning came, the girl is still alone in that house, the house that holds many memories of a stranger that she just met 6 nights ago. With that time, a lot had happened. She forced herself to get up, surely, Yamada is not there.

 

Chinen peeked into his room, some of his things are still there but she knew. She knew that Yamada is not here anymore. She went near his bed and saw a letter there.

 

Yuri,

Thank you for the wonderful time and feeling that you gave me. I am just a stupid person, but still I fall in love with you. I still don’t get myself why. I just realized that you never said that you love me too. I am just too thick-headed, I guess you really hate me like what you always say to me. You are my first love. You are my first heartbreak. I don’t want to force myself to you anymore. I don’t want you to get hurt. You are now together with the person you love. Like what you’ve said, I am just your older brother and I will wish for your happiness. I love you Chinen Yuri. Goodbye.

 

Chinen is lost for words. She felt like she has been stabbed by a sharp dagger right now. Her heart is aching as she read the letter once again.

 

She went to school like a zombie.

 

 

~~~~~~

I personally love this chapter hahaha

It's not really angsty, I know~~

But I really love this <3

 

oh... and the Come on A My House PV Preview is really great!! And Chinen is really really handome in that suit!!! <3 <3