Chapter 6

Strangers in Love

 

 

Chinen's eyes widened and she began to panic.

“Hey! Hey! What happened?! Oh my gosh, what am I gonna do?” She tried to carry the unconscious boy inside the house and on his bed. She started wiping his wet body and realized that she must replace his clothes with dry ones.

She blushed. “No, Yuri, this is not the time to be embarassed, you need to be a responsible person during these times.”

She quickly went to his cabinet and picked some warm clothes that he can wear. She started lifting his shirt but when she saw Yamada’s body, she covered it again. “No.. I can’t do this.” She said to herself.

Yamada suddenly shivered furiously. She touched his forehead and gasped. He is burning. He has a high fever. She scratched his head violently.

Chinen continued lifting his shirt and he is now half in front of her. She looked at his upper body,

“His abs are superb... I... I mean, where the hell does he get these injuries?! For God’s sake, you are such an irresponsible person!” She then put a warm shirt on the boy’s body.

 She is now having a hard time thinking. How? How?

 

How will she remove his wet pants?!!!!

 

“Oi! Yamada Ryosuke, wake up!” she started patting the chubby cheeked boy moderately, hoping that he will wake up. She doesn’t want to see the lower half of Yamada’s body. However, no matter what she do, he still didn’t move. She had no choice. She slowly put her hands in his pants...

She ed and it. She is very embarassed of what she’s doing. When she is pulling his pants down, Yamada suddenly opened his eyes and gasped.

“What... What are you doing?! Are you trying to me?!” he screamed.

Chinen was startled and quickly get away from his bed.

“What?! No! I’m... I’m just changing your clothes!” she screamed back, blushing.

“Why the hell are you changing my clothes?!” he asked.

“Umm.. because you didn’t wake up and you’re soaking wet, with a high fever!” she replied.

Yamada suddenly felt dizzy. “Oh... I understand, I will now change my clothes, you can now go out.”

“O-Ok...”

“Oh, by the way... Thanks.... Ms. ert...” he laughed silently, wincing because of the pain spreading in his body.

“I am not a ert!” she exclaimed before slamming the door.

Chinen stayed in the living room waiting for Yamada to finish. She knew that she have to take care of him tonight. Her heart is beating wildly because of the scene earlier. It’s only their first day together but seriously, a lot has happened. She sighed. They still need to go to school tomorrow.

Inside his room, Yamada is busy changing his clothes. He really doesn’t have energy but he must still be strong, his parents and sisters are not here to take care of her.

He realized that the girl has already changed his shirt. He laughed because the shirt she picked is a cute one with a pig printed on it.

“Wait... does this mean, she saw my body?!” he muttered.

He slowly dragged his lifeless body to the lifesize mirror in his cabinet and lifted his shirt, only to see his manly body with his nice abs.

“Oh well... nothing to be embarassed about.” He laughed at himself and lie down in his bed once again but he screamed due to the enormous pain he felt in his back.

Chinen hurriedly went to his room. “What?! What happened?”

“My... My back... I think it was badly injured...”

The frightened girl checked his back and was shocked of what she saw. A very big bruise was formed in there and it looks extremely painful.

“Seriously, what happened?! Explain to me everything, I thought you are just roaming around, why did you pick a fight?!” she gently scolded him.

“It’s nothing, you don’t have to know.” Yamada replied softly, he smiled. He didn’t want this cute and innocent girl to know that she was the reason for this.

“Hmmmp! If that’s what you want! Wait here, I will cook something for you.”

Before she can stand up in his bed, he pulled her hand, making her sit again and embraced her tightly.

“Remember this Chii-chan, I will never, ever let anyone hurt you. I will always protect you... Always...” he whispered softly in her ears. After that, Yamada suddenly collapsed again in his bed, he has used so much energy and needs to have a rest.

“Geez, what are you saying. Baka~~” She smiled as she covered Yamada with a warm blanket.

“Thanks... Mr. Piggy” the girl smirked after seeing his shirt and silently went to the kitchen to cook.

More than an hour passed when Yamada was awakened by a thick cloud of smoke which was obviously coming from the kitchen.

He panicked, realizing that Chinen was nowhere near him. With all the energy available  and present in his body, he dragged himself out of his room, his hands are grasping any support he may get.

“Chii~~! Chii!! Where are you???” The boy shouted will all his might but failed to do so because his voice sounded like a mere whisper. He crazily went to the kitchen, forcing himself to run and there he saw, behind the thick, black smoke spreading around, the girl he was looking for.

She was crouched down on the floor,her head was above her knees while embracing her legs. She was trembling really hard.

“Chii... what... what happened?” he asked, patting her softly.

Chinen looked at her with swollen eyes. It seems like she was crying for a long time.

“Ya-Yama-chan??? I.. I..” she didn’t finish her sentence and just ended up hugging Yamada tightly, crying to her heart’s content.

“Gomenasai... Gomen...! I... I am a worthless person. I.. I am just trying to cook a porridge for you... But.. But I ended up causing a disaster instead. Gomen...” she kept on crying like a child.

So that’s the reason of this commotion, Yamada is still patting the young girl’s head.

“Chii... It’s alright! Don’t worry, I’m not really hungry. Besides, you are already taking care of me. That’s enough. Now... Stop crying. You don’t want to have red panda eyes tomorrow at school right?”

Chinen nodded cutely, wiping her tears with her little hands. They stand up, clean the mess and headed towards their own bedroom. Suddenly a lightning cracks and thunders kept echoing outside.

“KYAAAAA~~!” Chinen jumped so high and run towards the nearest corner of the house crouching there and covering her ears with her hands. Again, she was trembling furiously.

“Chii...” Yamada went near her. His eyes are full of concern.

The girl smiled brightly, well you can easily tell that it was a forced smile.

“Yama-chan, don’t mind me. You can now go to your room. You need to rest. I.. I’m just surprised, that’s all.” She stood up and smiled once again.

Being a dense person, Yamada also stood up, “Well, if you say so. Good night Chii.” And he headed to his room. His fever is almost gone but he was so tired that he tried to sleep right away.

 

On the room next to his, our little princess is crying again. She hates this feeling. Her parents are gone and no one is there to comfort her and give her protection.

“Mom... Dad... I’m scared...” she trembled, clutching the blanket and again she went to the corner of the room. She likes small spaces, thinking that nothing will hurt her there. She is still covering her ears as the thunder crumbles through the night sky.

 

Our little prince, on the other hand, is shifting uncomfortably in his bed. He is feeling much more comfortable now even though his injuries still hurt. He is thinking if he has done something wrong. He closed his eyes. He then remembers Chinen’s smiling face while telling him that she’s alright. He quickly opens his eyes and realizes that  Chinen is faking her smile.

“Oh Ryosuke, you’re such an idiot!” He quickly stood up and go to the Chinen’s room.

When Yamada opens it, he was so surprised because the lights are off, and thinking that Chinen is a scaredy cat, maybe she is not here. When he is about to close it, his eyes caught a small bulge in the corner. He silently went there and hear soft sobs.

He went near the bulge and remove the blanket revealing the trembling and crying girl behind it. Yamada wants to punch himself, why doesn’t he notice earlier that she’s scared?!

“Yama-chan? Wh-What are you doing he-“ before the little girl can finish her question she felt a strong grip around her wrist and now, she’s being dragged forcefully to Yamada’s room.

Yamada shuts the door and placed Chinen in the bed.

“WHY?! WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME?!” he shouts angrily.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~