Chapter 2

Strangers in Love

 

“Who... Who are you..?” she said with all the strength she had at the moment. Now she could see the boy clearly. A strikingly handsome boy with chubby cheeks. He is the most handsome person she has ever seen.

“Yamada Ryosuke. Yoroshiku! And you?” the boy said, yes, he’s really handsome and gorgeous. He was now smiling very widely at her and her heart just suddenly beats very fast.

“Chi.. Chinen Yuri...” she stuttered, still transfixed in the boy’s smile. And then she remembered the situation.

“Wait a minute! What are you? A burglar? A ? Or a murderer? Wait... maybe you are all of them..” she gasped, backing away from the boy, sure enough, that boy emits an aura of being a ert, her hands were now exploring anything that she could throw if ever that boy did something weird.

“What?! You’re really a funny girl! I like you!” he laughed out loud and again Chinen froze in her position. Why does that boy’s smile and laughter affects her so much?

They stared at each other for a few minutes. Chinen having this dreamy and scared look at the same time, while Yamada was containing his laughter until suddenly he burst out, laughing to his heart’s content.

“Wait... you don’t know me at all? I am supposed to be your new border here! Yeah, I know that it must still be a few days till the said date of my transfer here but I got excited. I’m very sorry for that. I even caused a lot of commotion here. Where are Mr. And  Mrs. Chinen? You are their daughter, right?” He bowed sincerely, waiting for her answer.

“Ahhhh...” was all that she could say, her voice was now failing her when in fact she was very noisy earlier.

“Hey.. are you alright? I’m sorry, I must have scared you.” Yamada said and he touched her face, making Chinen jump backward.

“Ummm... my parents are out of town and I don’t know what you are talking about. Wait! Maybe you are a ert roaming around here. Oh my gosh, I think I need to call the police.” She started searching for her cellphone and realized that she left it in her room. Their telephone was also out of reach. She didn’t know what this ert is talking about, nobody told her that there would be someone moving in their house.

Her parents always tell her to never trust strangers and this guy standing in front of him is not only a stranger but also a ert. She embraced her body, remembering the scene that happened earlier.

“What?! No! Don’t call the police! It’s true! Your parents told me that I can stay here. Here, I can show you the contract.” The boy started searching his big bag and Chinen started to scream.

“Now what?! I am just searching for the contract!” Yamada said.

“No... maybe you are now searching for your gun, you will now kill me because you are afraid that I will tell the police!” Chinen softly said, afraid that if she raised her voice, something nasty will happen.

“Hahaha! Your imagination is really something ne? Here..” he threw the bag to Chinen.

“Search there, in the front pocket, the contract is there.”

Chinen obeyed him and saw the contract. Astounded, she faced Yamada and said, “It’s true... but... I didn’t hear anything from my parents.”

She suddenly went to the telephone and dialled her mother’s number. After a few ring someone picked up the phone.

“Hello mom? Umm... Is there someone who will be moving in our house?” she asked innocently.

“Yes, didn’t we tell you when we left earlier? Oh well, you are only half awake by that time, maybe you didn’t remember. But dear, it’s still a few days after, don’t worry he is a very nice boy. I’m sure you will get along with him easily.” Her mother replied in a very calm tone.

“But mom... He is here right now!!!” Chinen confessed.

“Really? Well that’s great! Yamada-kun is a good boy, he won’t hurt you. And besides, we are really worried about you, knowing that you are such a coward and all.. Now you can have a companion at last. Enjoy!” Her mother laughed and ended the call.

“What?! Mom! Mom! Hello? Oh great...” she sighed realizing that her mother doesn’t care even if a stranger is in their house with their only daughter.

Yamada coughed intentionally, reminding Chinen of his presence.

“So what is the plan right now?... Umm... Can I now go to my room or we will still be doing the ghost/monster/burglar//murderer imagination of yours?” laughed Yamada.

The small girl blushed furiously. She doesn’t know if its because Yamada laughed or because she was ashamed of all the things she did and said earlier.

“Anoo... Can we just forget all the things I did earlier? I’m actually very embarassed right now...” exclaimed the girl. Her face is still red and Yamada noticed it.

“Hey... are you blushing Chii-chan~~?” he asked teasingly singing as he said Chii-chan.

“It’s because I’m embarassed, ert!~~” she exclaimed emphasizing the word ert. She can’t believe that this Yamada Ryosuke is very playful and now, he is calling her as if they are so close.

“ert huh? I see...” he said looking unconcerned.

Chinen lowered her head, why does she opened that topic. She’s sure that it doesn’t have any special meaning to this boy.

“Well, I think that the room assigned to you is the guest room. I saw my mom cleaning it the other day. You can sleep there and forget all the things that happened.” She still pressed on the idea of forgetting the things that happened, hoping that this Yamada Ryosuke will not tell the whole neighborhood her stupidness.

“Why... Why will I want to forget huh? There’s really no reason... Well, I will now go to my room, see you around Chii-chan~~” again, the handsome boy seems to chant “Chii-chan” and that made Chinen irritated but at the same time she thought that it was cute.

“Yeah.. see you around...” she sighed. Chinen knew that she will be with the company of that boy for a week. She smiled at the thought. Well, it’s not like she hoped that they can be close. It’s just that, there will now be someone that can ease her fear. Yeah, she is simple minded, as long as there is even one person around, her fear of ghosts and stuffs will definitely decrease. She will feel more comfortable. As she think about it deeply, it seems like she is just using him.

They both entered their room. Chinen went straight to her bed and kept on touching her arms. It’s the first time that she was hugged by a complete stranger.

Yamada, on the other hand, started unpacking. He doesn’t want  any unorganized things left. Yeah he was a very organized person despite of his playful looks. However, he wanted to sleep right now. His desire to sleep is much more stronger, so slowly, he get to his bed, leaving the unfinished work to be done tomorrow.

He scanned the room while lying in the bed. It was very neat and clean. Just the way he likes it.

His mind drifted off to the events that happened earlier. As soon as he opened the door, a girl was standing in front of him. He was surprised at first. She was the cutest girl he ever saw. She is small, have milky white skin, long hair and a nice face. But he saw her eyes are closed, her body was trembling and she started saying nonsense about ghosts. He laughed because he find her so cute and adorable. Then she started crying and trembling harder. He didn’t know what to do. He just made his way towards the little girl.

And he saw her face clearly... It’s so cute and innocent looking. Even though tears are merrily flowing in her face, she’s still stunning. With just that, his heart started thumping very loud. He didn’t get himself. Is this love at first sight?

Whatever his feelings may be, all of a sudden he found himself embracing her. He was so surprised with his sudden actions. His body seemed to just move on its own. He shifted uncomfortably in his bed. He had this strong desire to see Chinen again. He remembered that she’s just in the room next to his. He looked at his hands, remembering the feeling, remembering her scent. He whacked his head, what the hell was he thinking? They don’t even know each other. He drifted off to his dreamland still seeing her face when he closed his eyes.

Yamada shifted in his bed. The ray of the early sun is hitting his face. The sun never entered his bedroom in the morning so he felt uncomfortable. Oh, right, he’s now in a diffferent residence.  He smelled the nice scent of the morning. What a beautiful scent, he can smell strawberries. He positioned himself sideways, enjoying the scent of strawberries and hugged the person next to him.

Wait a minute... the person next to him?! He opened his eyes and there, right in front of him, her face just a few inches from his face is Chinen Yuri.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~