Chapter 1

Strangers in Love

 

 

The sound of the doorbell could be heard in a certain residence. A dim shadow of a boy, standing outside was very clear, although at that time, the street was like an empty cup. He seemed like a little boy lost at the moment. Carrying a very big bag, he kept on ringing the doorbell continuously but its echoes just filled the night.

“Uhhh..... I guess I’ll just break in, break the windows and act like nothing happened... That will definitely put on a very big show” he laughed at himself.

He kept on wondering where did the people in this house went. He was so tired of the long journey and yet no one seemed to expect him to arrive.

“Well, yeah, it’s definitely my fault, this is not the date that I was supposed to be moving in... If only I didn’t get excited at the thought that I can finally live on my own.” He sighed and continued to ring the doorbell. He searched his pocket and found what he’s looking for, the keys to the house.

He knew that it was in his pocket all along but he didn’t want to just storm in like its his house. He wanted to act as polite as possible to the owner of the house. When he arrived earlier, he saw that the lights are still on even though its late at night, maybe around 11 pm. He started to ring the doorbell at that time until now. It is around 11:30 pm at the moment and it was freezing cold outside. Good thing that he wore very warm clothes but standing out there for 30 minutes, the clothes proved to be no help at all. He was freezing from head to toe and that’s when he decided to use the keys that the owner gave him.

He looked again at the house in front of him. A very nice and comfortable house. He thought that he would easily get used to these surroundings.

“I’m coming in...” he said as he finished unlocking the door and turned the doorknob slowly.

Inside the house, a girl was trembling badly, she was alone in the house because her parents are out of town. She didn’t like the idea of being alone because she knew that she was such a coward and dependent person. However, she had no choice, her parents didn’t have enough bonding time because they were always so busy. When she heard their plan to go out of town, she quickly agreed, they need quality time together. She thought that it was so easy to be alone, besides it’s just for a week and she was 18 already. She should  learn how to take care of herself.

She had already survived for a day, well almost, because the day was still not over. And here she was, covered in her blanket, afraid because she was alone in the house. She couldn’t force herself to turn off the lights, afraid that ghosts will start creeping in her bed.

Yes... An 18-year old person, still afraid of monsters, ghost and such. Even just thinking of them makes her tremble. She knew that her imagination is very extreme.

She was still conquering her fear when she heard that their doorbell is ringing. A gasp came out of her.

“Who is that... Don’t tell me, a burglar, a or worst a murderer!!! Oh my gosh, what am I gonna do!” she muttered under her breath, so soft because she was afraid that the person ringing the doorbell might hear her which was of course, impossible.

“Maybe that person is not a person at all!! Maybe it was a lost spirit and when someone opened the door, it will haunt the house forever...” she shuddered at her thought. Her imagination was getting wilder and wilder and the doorbell kept on ringing and ringing.

She was praying that the lost soul may find its peace and stop disturbing her. Almost  30 minutes had passed but the ringing continues.

She decided to go to the door, she stared at it for a long time with no intention of opening it.

“Oh lost soul... I’m begging you, please rest in peace, I know, I’m a coward person please go to other houses, not here, I may die when i see you...” and she started imagining the image of a very scary ghost of a man, crawling it’s way through their door.

She shuddered at the image she was forming in her head. While imagining, she noticed that the lock of their door was now open and the doorknob was slowly turning. She panicked but her feet seemed to be pasted on the floor. She heard a sound saying, “I’m coming in...”

She looked downward, waiting for the worst to happen and her heart seemed to stop when she saw a shadow in front of her.

“I’M SORRY!!! I’M SORRY!!! IF YOU CAN’T REST IN PEACE I PROMISE THAT I WILL PRAY FOR YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! PLEASE MR. GHOST! I AM A COWARD GIRL, I’M ONLY 18, I STILL WANT TO BE MARRIED! DON’T LET ME DIE! PLEASE! PLEASE...” She shrieked in a very fast way, tears falling down her eyes and her heart beating very fast.

She heard someone laughing. Still looking down the floor, because she didn’t want to risk looking at the ghost, she said, “Umm... Do ghosts understand human language? Wait maybe you are a monster, no don’t eat me... I’m a skinny girl. Please spare me”

She heard another laugh, this time much louder, the shadow on the floor was now advancing to her... She closed her eyes and waited for the moment that she would be eaten.

“Goodbye mom, dad... Goodbye my friends. I will now be gone but I love you all...” tears were flowing merrily on her cheeks. The creature was now just a few inches from her and even when her eyes were closed, she could feel that it was very near her and suddenly, she felt warm arms enveloping around her fragile body, providing a sense of peace and protection.

She suddenly opened her eyes, and there embracing her was a boy, around her age. She didn’t really saw his face because at that position all that she could see was the other half of the boy’s face.

Her strength suddenly came back and she pushed the boy away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~