Chapter 16

Strangers in Love

Chapter 16

 

The classes have ended and our princess is waiting excitedly in her classroom. All of her classmates have come home and she’s the only one left. She’s wondering what is taking Ryutaro so long.

 

On the other hand, Yamada is heading towards Chinen’s room seeing that she doesn’t yet go home. He saw Chinen inside and when he’s about to call him, he heard a voice.

 

“Chii!” Ryutaro said excitedly. Yamada just continues to stare at both of them and listens to their conversation.

 

“Ryuu! What are you going to tell me?” asked the squirrel, smiling brightly. They stared at each other for a long time until Ryutaro speaks.

 

“I love you, Chii.”

 

Both Yamada and Chinen are frozen in their places.

 

“Oh great, am I hallucinating now or am I now completely insane?” Chinen said as she starts to pinch herself again but she knew that what she heard is true. “Are you serious Ryuu?!”

 

“Yes Chii. I...  have loved you ever since, but... I am just afraid to tell you. I know that you can’t return my feelings now because you have a boyfriend, but I just want to tell you how I feel. I’m really relieved that I’ve already told you.” He confessed and smiled. “Umm… Bye Chii.”

 

He slowly headed outside the door. Yamada is still staring at both of them until she saw Chinen moved and hugged Ryutaro’s back.

 

“Ryuu... I love you too.” Chinen said softly making Ryutaro stop.

 

“But Chii, you have a boyfriend! What are you saying?” Ryutaro released her arms and faced her, holding her shoulders.

 

“No, Ryosuke is not my boyfriend. I don’t like him, he’s just like an older brother to me. You are the one that I love.” She said shyly.

 

“Really Chii?! Waaah! I’m so happy! Does this mean that I am your boyfriend now?” he asked hopefully.

 

“Un!” Chinen nodded happily. She can’t believe that after a long time, her crush is now his boyfriend.

 

They hugged each other tightly and Yamada is just watching them, tears are merrily flowing down his cheeks. Ryutaro stared at him, aware of his presence, they stare at each other and Ryutaro smirks, hugging Chinen tightly. “You’re mine now right?” he loudly said, wanting Yamada to hear it.

 

“Yes.” Chinen replied, not knowing that the person who loves her most in the world is hearing their conversation. His eyes are swollen, he found it hard to breathe but what hurts the most is the pain he is feeling in his chest. He can’t feel his heart beating anymore. It’s only a hole there. The feeling of the first heartbreak. He ran as fast as he could, not caring if he bumps other persons. He just wants to die right there.

 

“Ryo-Ryosuke?” Chinen said as she saw him running away. She saw him crying.

 

“Ryuu... I need to go home.” She muttered as she gets her bag and follows Yamada who is now out of sight.

 

When she got home, Yamada is not inside the house. She searched for him but he is really not there.

 

She sighed, she knew Yamada heard their conversation. She doesn’t know why but she’s hurt when she saw him crying.

 

“Arrghh! Yuri, stop it! Why are you thinking of Ryosuke now? Don’t you know Ryuu is now your boyfriend!” she tried to smile but ended up crying. She really doesn’t understand why.

 

Darkness erupted and the cold weather worsens. Our little scared princess is in her bedroom, staring outside the backyard. The house felt empty when Yamada is not there.

 

~~~~

 

ok maybe I'll update tomorrow or whenever I can again...

I have classes now so bye~~~ <3 <3

PS. I got lost on my way to my first class earlier, I entered the wrong building haha good thing that I arrived earlier so I can run to my real class xD