Chapter 4

Strangers in Love

 

 

“You... You were so hilarious last night! The way you trembled and cried about monsters was so funny.” Yamada laughed so hard and Chinen pouted.

“Hmmmp! Well, I don’t know you! Yeah, I’m a coward but it’s only at night.” She smirked and started punching Yamada's shoulders.

And they started wrestling. They acted like their kids, laughing loudly while embracing and pushing each other. They suddenly tripped over and they fall on the carpet, Yamada on top of Chinen. Then they started rolling together on the floor. They still laughed and stayed in that position. Both are panting because they are so tired of playing around. They stared at each others’ faces and started to blush. That’s when Chinen’s phone rang.

“Umm... I’ll.. I’ll just get it.” she said and Yamada stand up allowing her to move.

“Ok...”                                                       

She picked up her phone, “Hello..?”

“Yuri! We missed you already! How’s it going there?”

“Mom?” she looked over Yamada and smiled, he smiled back. “Well, things are great, you’re right, Yama-chan is a good person.” She gave out a small laughter while talking.

“Yama-chan?! You seemed so close already! You addressed him like you have been friends for a long time! Well, we are also alright here. Your father wants to go home already, he’s really worried about you.”

“Haha! Dad really loves me. Are you jealous mom?” she laughed and her mother grunted. “But mom, you really don’t have to worry, I’m fine here. Just enjoy your vacation!”

“Ok honey! By the way, you have classes tomorrow. Don’t be late. You can go with Yamada-kun. Bye!”

She ended the call and went back to Yamada.

“Ne Yama-chan... where is your school?” she asked curiously.

“Umm.. I guess the same as yours? I saw your uniform earlier. I just transferred there last week.”

“EHHH?! You are THAT transfer student?! Oh my gosh! I didn’t know! And how the hell did you see my uniform?!”

“Just peeked in your room, hehe and what do you mean by ‘that transfer student’?”

She hit his head. “Don’t go into a girl’s room without permission!”

“Hai, hai! Gomen ne?” he laughed while touching his head. “hey, what about the ‘that transfer student’!”

“Oh... Well you have been a hot topic in the school. Umm... everyone said that you’re...” Chinen stopped.

“What?! I’m what Chii-chan?” Yamada poked her cheeks, eager to let her continue what she’s saying.

“You’re hot, good-looking, smart, athletic, kind, perfect and a true gentleman!” she exclaimed loudly,embarassed of what she just said.

Yamada laughed hard. “I... I didn’t know that! Am I regarded as a celebrity or something?”

“I don’t know! I don’t really pay attention! See? I don’t even know you when we met. Stop being a narcissist, you’re still a ert in my eyes.” She smirked.

“Well, an extremely  good-looking ert.” He smiled and looked at the girl deeply, his eyes sparkling.

“Eeeew, you’re really narcissistic! Go away from me.” Chinen stand up and run away from the boy.

Yamada then started chasing her, they kept on playing until they get tired. They are now outside the house, lying on the lawn in the backyard. The sun is freely touching their faces.

 Chinen sat up. She stared at Yamada’s face who is now sleeping. With the effect of the sunlight, he looked so gorgeous, really like an angel. With the flowers surrounding them, you could think that this will be a photoshoot of Myojo. She wanted to capture the moment. She took a picture of his face sneakily and admired it. She smiled at herself.

“Yosh!!!” Yamada suddenly stand up, surprising the girl beside him. Chinen immediately hides his phone.

“What?!”

“I’ll now explore the neighborhood!!!”

“Eh?! You’re serious?”

“Yes, you know, I have no sense of direction, remember how late I arrived yesterday? It’s because I got lost, so I guess if I need to improve, I should first familiarize with this place!” he said cheerfully.

“Ohhh, so Mr. Good looking is like a little lost puppy always... Aww... so cute.” She said teasingly.

“Oh yes Ms. Scaredy cat... I have my cute sides too, that’s why I’m so adorable...” he replied while pinching her cheeks tightly.

“Whatever... go now, so that if you’re lost later maybe you can return tomorrow.”

He glared at Chinen and Chinen laughed, she get up and entered the house, she needs to clean it first.

Yamada also stand up and headed towards the gate. He looked up at the sky and saw that there is a high possibility that it would rain. He shrugged, he would just go home as soon as possible.

“Itte kimasu Chii-chan!” he shouted at Chinen.

Chinen peeked at the door, wave cheerfully and said “Itterashai Yama-chan~~!”

Yamada suddenly felt uneasy as soon as he set his foot outside the gate.

“Maybe I should just stay inside this warm, comfortable and safe house than to risk the chance of being lost...” he said to himself. He shook his head.

“No.. I need to. I should learn to take care of myself so that I will improve. That’s what I promised myself, that is what I promised her.” He then looked at the ring that is located at his finger and his mind drifted to his hometown. He smiled and continue to walk on the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~