MOVIES NIGHT

The Last Five Minutes

I looked at the mirror fixing my pony tale. So was my sister.
Both together moving sychronisingly, doing the exact same moves, putting on the exact same make up…
We even wore the same clothes that day.

We took our handbags -which were basically the only different thing on us- and we got down greeting our mom.
“You’ll be back at eleven o’clock” The usual line always heard from my mother, always well accepted from both of us.

We walked down the street and headed to the bus stop to meet the others.
L and Kai didn’t seem to be nowhere near yet but Dong Hae and Dae Hyun were already there waiting for us to come.
“Ahhh!” They both exclaimed with a rather frightened look than surprised
“Yah! Wae?” Dae Hyun said pointing at us with eyes full of confusion.
“Wae what oppa?” I asked looking all cute and innocent but at the moment I was the evilest thing in the world…
“You both look the same… Same hair… Same clothes… You remind me of the era you two were six and your mother was making matching clothing… Wae? ”

Dong Hae asked having the exact same look with Dae Hyun
“Well, we wear the same clothes every day at school… I don’t see the problem…” My sister said also looking innocent.
“The problem is that everyone wears the same clothes at school… Why are you dressed up the same now?” Dae Hyun asked loudly, pouting
“Oppa… Calm down… We just thought it would be fun… Jeoseomnida…” I said lowering my head.
Dong Hae got behind me and gave me a back hug “There is nothing to be sorry about Kyu Ri-ah” He said almost whispering. I could feel his breath in my ear and his hands wrapping me warmly in his embrace.

My heart was beating fast and my palms were felling sweaty. I was holding my breath and I was ready to black out and collapse in his arms if Kai’s loud voice hadn’t brought me back in reality.

Both Kai and L started nagging about us being dressed the same while Dong Hae was trying to calm them down, smiling… He was smiling… Like the cutest smile ever…
Dae Hyun shook my shoulder bringing me back to reality. He is such a good friend and if Dong Hae hasn’t realized my feelings yet then I owe it to Dae Hyun.
He was always there to keep me from drooling, blacking out, grapping and kissing my crush.

Of course whenever he needed I was there to wake him up from daydreaming while looking intensively at my sister.
I knew that my sister also liked Dae Hyun but I had promised both I wouldn’t tell no one including them.

Even though  knew about her feelings for Dae Hyun I never told her about my feelings for Dong Hae, because I am so embarrassed to tell her, besides she would have told him to help me but I didn’t want this to happen.

L tied his arm around mine and woke me up from my thoughts, the bus came and we went to the cinema where there ware many people waiting for the premiere.
We bought our ticket and since the movie wasn’t supposed to start before an hour or so we went to a cafeteria to wait.

We were chatting while Kai was reading a magazine. His eyes suddenly widen in interest.
“Yah, guys!” He said with his eyes still stuck on the magazine.
“Listen that… Dreams usually occur on the last five minutes of your sleep.” He read out loud and then looked at us. “You think it’s true?” he asked
“I don’t think so…” My sister said
“Wae?” L asked
“Because I don’t think five minutes are enough to do what I do in my dreams…” She replied having a sly look in her eyes
“Oh my God! What do you do in your drams?” Kai exclaimed scared
“Let’s say that too much fan fiction affects me” She said and she touched Kai’s shoulder as he pulled away frightened. I couldn’t contain myself any more and I burst into laughter.
“Unnie… Stop freaking oppa out” I said softly punching her arm
“Mmm… Arasseo…” She pouted
“You were just kidding? Jae Hye-ah! You scared the death out of me!” Kai was

-Almost hysterically- screaming at my sister. Everyone around us was looking at us.

I felt my cheeks getting warmer and I am sure I had started turning red.
Dong Hae looked at me while I was shrinking at my chair and he gave me one of these smiles I lived for, which made me even redder if possible.
Suddenly, L, completely calm, got up from his chair and caught Kai’s shoulder.
Kai stopped nagging at my sister and looked up to face his boyfriend.
“Jagie… Let’s go the movie will start in a quarter…” He said with his warm voice softly looking into his boyfriend’s eyes.
Kai seemed paralyzed.

L gave him his hand and he took it getting up from the chair like he was hypnotized.
L hugged him and they moved to the theater while we were behind following them.

Even though we have known him for years this side of him was always a surprise to us. It made us thinking how a coldblooded like him can be so gentle and mysterious that any girl he would like would fall for him…

But that will never happen because me and my sister are the only girls he likes. He never talks to other girls and when one of them makes the mistake to talks to him he will either ignore her -if he is in a good mood- Or he will tell her off with his unique y yet manly way -if Kai has pissed him off-.

We never understood why and neither had we asked what had made him come to us.
Five years ago he would treat us the same way with the other girls, until the day -God knows what had happened to him- he knocked our door dressed with a black hoody
asking us to come in. When he entered our room he took off the hood.
I and Jae Hye exchange a surprised look as we saw the ice king of the school crying and sobbing in our room. Even though we hated him we couldn’t stay heartless to his condition so we both hugged him as he continued trembling in our arms.
It was the first time we saw him so weak…
We are friends since then and he got in our company.

As we got to the snack’s bar the smell hit me bringing me out of my memories. We bought six caps of pop-corn and some drinks and we got to the room just when the movie had started. No more than five minutes had passes and we were yawning because we were tired but we made it through the end of the movie.

When we left we were so tired that we took our way home even though it was till early. We cut root through a dark alley which turned up to be a bad choice…