REAL EYES REALISE REAL LIES

The Last Five Minutes

When the arrow hit my sister she fell back with the guy in black catching her.
The one who was about to kill her a minute ago was now obviously worried for her.
He and the other one pulled down their masks, revealing their faces.

I didn’t know why I had the feeling that their faces are familiar.
D- Dong Hae…
My eyes locked with the guy in white and feelings started to pour inside my head in a sweet dizziness.

The other guy, Dae Hyun I think, pulled the arrow from my sister’s shoulder and suddenly instead of blood; endless light started pouring out filling the whole room spinning around.
Along with the light, pictures started moving…
Memories… But of a different life…

Even though I could recognise me and Jae Hye, it was not our life…
We were not princesses and we were not living in a palace.
We were not angels either…
We were two ordinary girls living in Seoul.

And Dae Hyun with Dong Hae, were not assassins, trying to kill us…
They were our childhood friends…

And Kai wasn’t telepathy major; he was our friend from junior high…

And Myung Soo, no he hates that name… And L had nothing to do with vampires… He was Jong In’s boyfriend and the school’s coldblooded…

And I was not strong… I was weak… The weakest thing alive…
The strong one was always my sister… Side of which strength was reflected on the way she was fighting…

She is the strong and I’m the weak… And we are all friends… And this is not our life… This is not our home…

This is a delusional jail…

Back home… We have to get back home… We have to escape…

Dae Hyun… The moment he confessed to my sister… And then they took him away… Kai and L were the first to fall… Dong Hae had followed… Then Dae Hyun, then me and my sister…

These memories are spinning around in the ball room and they seem to be endless…
Soon after though the light returned to my sister and her wound healed.

She stood up with Dae Hyun’s help and then our mother or God knows who she was, stood out to speak…
“I guess you need an explanation, don’t you?”
“YOU BET WE DO!” my sister screamed back at her trying to throw the same dagger that previously aimed at her towards the Queen, but the guards came in and using telepathy they captured Dae Hyun and Dong Hae leading them out of the castle and soon after they captured us too.

Kai cut the invisible ropes, using his own telepathy powers, but soon more guards appeared and captured us for good.

Jin Young decided it was a good time to take place and tried to free us, but even more guards busted in and captured him as well.
We were lead to our room after that, while our teacher was probably led to the royal jail…

The guards locked us there and later on, after all our guests were dismissed, The King and the Queen came to our room.
“What are you doing here?” Jae Hye snapped
“That’s not an appropriate tone to talk to us, young lady… Plus we are only here to give you your explanation…” The King responded
“Fine! Go on then my lord…” L gave in

“You are here to take place of our own daughters… They died last summer, trying to prevent a guard from killing a family that owned us taxes… After that, we had no one to take care of our kingdom, so we travelled in other kingdoms and even universes to find our hereditists, and we finally concluded that you would be perfect, so you must feel honoured… As long as you’re missing from your universe the time has stopped and it will remain that way I suppose, since you’re not going to go back there. You will stay here; make sure you will remain locked on your bedroom and you will only be let out to attend your wedding… And that’s final… You can’t get out even if you tried, so accept your fate and live happily the rest of your lives…”

And with those words the Queen and her husband left our room making sure to have locked the door.
“And now what?” I asked them and like the heavens had heard me, whistling sounded from our window.
Jae Hye checked and signalled us to come.

It was Dong Hae, with Dae Hyun and they were there to help us escape.
“Open up your wings and lead L, Kai and your selves of course right out of the castle. You will find us at the gate. Now make sure to fly high enough as not to be noticed.” Dae Hyun explained the plan.
“Wait! What about Jin Young-nim?” I asked
“Don’t worry about him… You will meat him very soon… I promise” Dong Hae replied and him along with Dae, they became dust and disappeared.

We followed their plan and with no difficulty we met again altogether in front of the gate.

Once we had closed our wings, my sister ran up to Dae Hyun falling in his embrace, letting her tears fall down to show him how much she had missed him.
Dong Hae and I shared an awkward look and a smile and L pushed Kai off and on the ground before he could kiss him.

Everything was working weirdly too well and it was not too long when the gates open and we saw the guards coming for us.
“RUN!” L yelled and we dash off for the forest, where we would find a safe environment to spend the night.