THE FINAL BATTLE

The Last Five Minutes

Everyone knows, that before or during a great battle a storm begins… Like the skies, are trying to mourn for all the losses to come…
The morning of our battle though, came clear and sunny…
The sky was all blue, without even a single cloud to be seen on the horizon, and the sun was shining brightly above us.

Lee Tuke seemed rather happy…
He was smiling and preparing us all, giving us words of encouragement, reminding us our positions and warning us of what we could come up against with…

“Kyu Ri-ah, Jae Hye-ah… Can I talk to you for a second?” At our names being called, we dropped the weapons we were cleaning and followed Lee Tuke…
“Ok… I figured out that it will be better if I go up with a small troop, so we won’t cause much trouble… I’ll be taking with me Yong Guk, Zico, and Yun Ho, and of course, the two of you… I entrust you with convicting the murder of the Kings if you didn’t mind”
We were listening carefully, without interrupting him, until he was done talking…
We looked at each other with eyes wide from the sock and nodded silently, accepting Lee Tuke’s order… He had his reasons for proposing that probably, and we couldn’t back off…

After making sure everything was perfect, we set out…
We met the rest of the soldiers along with Infinite’s Kings and EXO’s whole royal family, on the forest right before Regnum Cuore…

After we divided the troops, we, got separated and took our positions around the castle… When the first team, led by Dae Hyun and Dong Hae, having to attack to the front, took its place we got ready to get out of the forest where we were hiding and attack…

We only waited about two hours until the gates opened and all the army started running out of the palace attacking everyone…
And of course Lee Tuke was right that the kings would be just that stupid to send all their soldiers out…

When we received the signal, we attacked, getting into the castle and we circled the soldiers… What followed next, was gruesome…
Heads were being ripped, people were falling wounded and dead everywhere, and yet everyone had to keep on fighting…

Screams and grunts were heard from everywhere around…
Lee Tuke’s name was called once by Him Chan who got caught, but then the voice froze in his throat as he was pierce through his back, the sword coming out to the front on the side where his heart was supposed to be… Jong Up run towards him killing the bastard who laid his hands on him and then he disappeared with the dead body of his former lover, probably to say his goodbyes…
Lee Tuke didn’t weaver… Though I was sure a part of him had just died on his inside, he didn’t even bat an eyelash… He just took advantage from the moment…

Everyone was way too much into the battle, to notice that we had already run up to the room of the throne…
Staying hidden behind a wall, we waited for the right moment to attack the guards and invade the hall…

Lee Tuke was about to give us his sign, when L came running up the stair, in light speed and came to us…
“Quick! Dong Hae got injured”
I felt my sister’s hand wrapping my mouth, preventing my scream to break through…
She looked at Lee Tuke and nodded
“Go! We can take it from here” He whispered, and the y attacked right when we reached the gate…

Running out, trying hard to avoid any flying weapon we ran into the forest, where Kai and Dong Hae were waiting for us, along with Sunny and the two princes, above Dong Hae’s hurt body…

I run towards him and fell on my knees next to him
“Oppa” I said quietly…
“Kyu Ri-ah” He smiled weakly. I lifted up his shirt to see his wound…
It was deep and red blood was oozing out…
I clenched a hand around my mouth as tears started to fall silently from my eyes…
“I’m sorry I’ve been a coward Kyu Ri…” He said hoarsely
“No… You’re not a coward oppa you fought bra…” I didn’t finish my sentence, as I was interrupted by pair of lips on mine…
“I was a coward for not having done this all this time” He said and laid back down hissing from the pain…

Sunny came to us
“Ok, I’ve opened the gate, you may return back to your universe now… If you get late, he might not make it back, but if you leave now, he will survive… Now go!” She said and urged us to leave… As I was going into the gate, I saw the rebel’s flag waving proudly… They made it!
And like that we crossed the gate, a beaming light, blocking our vision…