THE FINAL PROM

The Last Five Minutes

~Third POV~
The light hit Myung Soo’s face for another morning and he woke up once more on the floor.

Opening his eyes slowly he realised that it was late in the evening, so he left his room knowing that Jong In would have left for the garden, not minding to check.
When he got out though, Jong In was sitting on his bed with his head buried in his palms.

Myung Soo froze as he saw Jong In lifting his head facing him.
His nose and eyes were red and under his eyes, were formed black circles.
He looked at Myung Soo with sadness obvious in his eyes.
“Hyung…  Jeoseomnida…”  He said and he hanged his head down looking at the floor.
“For what Jong In?” Myung Soo asked with hoarse voice
“For what happened yesterday…” Jong In answered him quietly
“You mean that I was drunk? No need to worry, it was not your fault…”

He walked up to the door and was ready to leave, but Jong In’s words stopped him
“Vampires are not the only creatures who can read thoughts you know… Demons can and Angels can too but they can’t decode vampires’… On the other hand telepathy majors have the ability to read everyone’s thoughts including vampires’”
Myung Soo turned around slowly with shock obvious in his eyes.

Jong In started walking towards him
“I don’t know what I’ve done, but I have done something to you… I know you’re blaming me…” He said
“Don’t come closer Jong In” Myung Soo protested
“Tell me what I have done hyung! I can’t stand seeing you be like that because of me…” He said and finally stopped in front of Myung Soo only inches away from his face
“You wanna know what you’ve done, you’re sure?”  He asked and Jong In nodded looking him in the eyes to show him the sincerity in him.
“Fine then! You know what?! You’re so damn good and that’s what I blame on you! Happy?”
Jong In looked at him confused
“You’re jealous?” He questioned unsure
“How much of an idiot can you be?! It was my fault for wasting my time over you!” He pushed Jong In and turned around to leave but a hand stopped him
“Hyung! I wanna know what I’ve done wrong! I’m not stupid and I’m very willing to understand… But you’re not clear enough… Can you tell me my mistake clearly?! For God’s sha…”
“YOU MADE ME FALL FOR YOU! Here! That’s the reason why I blame you! That’s why I hated the fact that you were dancing with all these girls but not me! That’s why I ended up drinking and crying my eyes out yesterday at the kitchen! That’s why I avoided you last night! That’s why I had all these accidents the other day when you were around! That’s why I didn’t want you to catch me when I fell from the stair, ‘cause I knew, I knew that that move would only made me fall more for you and crave more to be in your embrace! Because I hate your whole life being! And you want to know why I hate you?! BECAUSE I ING LOVE YOU THAT’S WHY!
Hope you’re pleased now!” Myung Soo yelled and left the room banging the door behind him, to close to the face of a dumbfounded Jong In.

In a flash of a moment he ran towards the garden and when he got behind the castle, while trying to catch his breath, tears started forming in the corners of his eyes.

~End Of Third POV~


I and my sister were getting prepared in my room when we heard a door banging…
These days were weird…

We had witnessed Myung Soo having various accidents, we found him in our room crying for no known reason and now we heard a door -probably his- banging…
What has been wrong with him?

When the necessary preparations were made, the guests started to show up.
 Once more we got ready for our father to announce our names and we got down at the hall hearing applauses from everyone.

Every person in our kingdom was present to our celebration and the kings and princes we had met were also gathered.

The beginning with the prom was supposed to start with us announcing who would be our future husbands, then dinner and then dance.

We took our seats at the table we bowed, and after our father’s permission my sister got up to announce our future husbands.
“Thank you all for gathering at this great day to our celebration. Today I and my sister are turning seventeen and we decided it was about time we got married so as to be able to lift the weigh from our parents shoulders and govern this kingdom with justice and kindness. Our journey was long and tiring but it was worth every minute of it, because we met new places, made new friends, figured who our enemies were and gained a lot of experience and wisdom. So the Princes who will have the honour to govern by our sides, after a lot of thought are Woo Bin and Soo Hyuk, sons of Chang Wan, princes of EXO kingdom, if of course they have nothing to oppose to”
My sister finished her speech and the princes stood up bowing and accepting our offer.

The dinner began and soon after when the majority of the people had eaten, music started to play and the dance begun.
Woo Bin came towards me asking me to dance as Soo Hyuk approached my sister.

We got up and after a while Jong In stood up and moved towards Myung Soo
“Can I have this dance?” Myung Soo’s gloomy face suddenly lit up and looked up from his plate
“Quit playing games with me…” he said after a while
“I’m not… I just want to dance with you” Jong In replied with a smile.
Myung Soo blushed as he accepted the invitation and he got up.

They were dancing beside us and after a while a dagger passed by me and almost hit Myung Soo, but Jong In stopped it with his telepathy. We turned to the direction from where the dagger had come and two guys, one dressed in white and the other dressed in black, wearing mask, jumped and landed in the room, just on the time the king of the troll kingdom had left.

My sister and I quickly caught our weapons and everyone in the room had returned back behind the table.
We started fighting and soon after Jin Young took place between us.
My sister was about to hit when suddenly she locked eyes with the man dressed in black.

I lifted my arrow and aimed at him, but my sister fast enough screamed “Don’t! Don’t you recognise him?!” And before the arrow could hit him, she got in front of him and she got hit instead.

And then, light poured out from her wound, and then everyone froze, and the men took of their masks, and the truth then got revealed…