A WHOLE NEW WORLD

The Last Five Minutes

“Mistress, it’s time to wake up!”
I slowly opened my eyes and turned to my right to find our butler waking me up for another day.

I moved my hand signing him to leave and I got up from the bed.
I moved towards my sister’s bedroom which was communicating with mine through a door on the wall.

When I opened the curtains I reached for her bed and patted her softly on her shoulder.
She mumbled something in her sleep but I couldn’t hear her clearly.
“Unnie… Wake up! We have sword practice in an hour.” I said.
“No we don’t… It’s Sunday… We have to get ready for the prom so let me have my beauty sleep…” She turned around giving me her back.
“Unnie, it’s Monday and if you don’t wake up we’ll be late for the lesson and Jin Young sunbaenim will get angry…” I kept shaking her to wake her up but she was refusing to.
“Aresseo… I’m getting up, but please stop shaking me Kyu Ri-ah…” She finally gave in and I returned to my room and went to the bathroom.

I washed my face and looked up to the mirror. I looked at my reflection.
Almost the same with my older’s-by five minutes- sister.
Two girls too similar you couldn’t tell apart unless you were used to their characteristics. And when you got to know us better you would realise how same yet different we are.

My sister… So weak and such a calm personality introvert and always shy and timid, unprepared to get hurt, close type. Afraid of hurting the people around her…

On the other hand there is me… Always strong, pretty much of a dynamic personality, outgoing, ready to face the truth no matter how hard it might be.

Now if you’re wondering how we can live under the same roof, well it’s easy actually. Despite our differences and despite how tiring it might be to forever protecting her, we still love each other and share our feelings and thoughts, every time we feel lost. Of course we always stick together as we barely have any friends.

I tied the black ribbon well around my pony tale and put on my shoes.
When I got out in the hallway, my sister Jae Hye, was waiting for me.
We went down at the dining room to have breakfast.

When we got there our butler appeared again holding a letter from our parents. I opened it and read it out loud so my unnie could hear:
“Dear Jae Hye & Kyu Ri,
as you know we have grown up and thinking of our retirement, but with this we also hope to expand our kingdom. That’s why, since you’ll become seventeen in three weeks, we decided that it’s time for you to go on a journey to the round kingdoms and find a prince to get married to.
The kings are already informed to accept you.
You will spend one day in each kingdom and you will return the third week to organize the prom for your birthday, where you will announce your future husbands.
Your journey will begin either today or tomorrow, and we believe that you are responsible enough to go on your own, but if you think that you’ll need someone to accompany you, your sword teacher will be available and good enough since he has demon powers.

                                                                                             With love,
                                                                                            Mom & dad”       

As I finished reading I looked at my sister seeing the terror in her eyes.
“Oh, …” I murmured “Come on! We need to go to the practice” I told her and we left heading to our practice room.

I didn’t mention it before, but I and my sister are princesses, daughters of the King and Queen of Regnum Cuore.
Even though our past is a bit blur and every memory we might have seemed to belong to someone else, we were spending our days happily in our kingdom, full of supernatural creatures.

All of the fifteen kingdoms -ours in the middle and the rest around us- were living in harmony with their habitants, of all shorts of creatures: Vampires, werewolves, demons, angels, telepathy masters, witches, wizards etc.
And we were princesses soon to be Queens.

We entered the room and found our professor waiting. When he saw us he threw us two swords which we immediately caught, telling us we were late. “Jae Hye, you first!” He said. My sister got up and took a defensive position. Despite her weakness, when she is practicing sword or fighting she put all her passion in it.
Watching her like this makes me feel weak, like she absorbs all my power. I often wish I could fight like her. When she finished I was up. I might have been a good fighter too but not as good as her.

“The evening we’re leaving” I said as I attacked.
“Really? To where?” Ji Young ssi asked blocking me
“Yeah well, we have to find a husband after our parents’ requirements…” I answered continuing fighting. He suddenly dropped his sword, fell on the floor and started laughing “Hahahahahaha! Seriously?! You?! Married?! Hahahahahahaha!”
He couldn’t stop laughing, so I kicked him J
“Yah! Sikkeuro!” I yelled.

He finally stopped taking a deep breath. “You just made my day Kyu Ri-ah” He said
“I guess you won’t accompany us if we ask, will you?” My sister asked and Ji Young refused, but he said he would prepare us for any surprises.

Later on he showed us some moves and he helped us practice “attack with open wings”, which we would definitely need to learn how to use since we were angels.
After we finished we returned to our rooms and prepared everything for our departure. We got our horses from the straws and set off for our first kingdom, known as EXO kingdom.




____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yes... I am aware that I had promised I would update every week... And I'm highly sorry, because the two past weekends I was not able to update, but I was ill and then I had to leave for a three-days school trip and I had no time... Anyway, there you are ^^ I hope you will enjoy it ^^
And I also hope that you remember the first chapter...