IN THE DARK ALLEYS OF DREAMS

The Last Five Minutes

We were heading to a basketball court near our homes, walking through a dark alley.
Normally I would have peed on my pants, but for some kind of an inexplicable reason I felt completely calm. Like I was with the ones I love so I was completely safe and
no one could harm me.

I was laughing and walking when I felt a shiver running down my spine.
Like a pair of eyes were locked on me. I turned to my right as I found Dong Hae looking at me while smiling.

He had a slight blush on his face, maybe contagious ‘cause I felt it creeping up my cheeks too. I smiled back and kept walking.
When we were almost out of the alley I heard a noise and a little arrow pass before my eyes hitting Kai.

L ran towards him asking him worriedly if he was alright. Kai took the arrow from his neck and as he smiled to reassure his boyfriend he fell back asleep in L’s hands
“RUN!” L yelled as he saw some guys dressed in black entering from the other end of the alley while he tried to keep up with us, currying his boyfriend, but having an extra weigh on his shoulder he couldn’t run that fast and they got them.

We kept running towards the field, when another arrow got shot, getting Dong Hae down.
“Oppa!” I screamed as his lips formed the word ‘run’. I tried to get to him but my sister grabbed me from my waist and pulled me back.
We made it to the basketball court and we hid behind a bush next to a bench.
I saw Dae Hyun was thinking when he caught my sister a little further as much as our hiding allowed them.

He looked at her in the eyes and then said “Jae Hye-ah, no matter what happens, take Kyu Ri and run, otherwise she won’t make it by herself… As for me… From now on I’ll stop lying… I really like you… Not only just a friend, but more… Please take care and if we make it you can say and do whatever you want. See you.”

Then he left the bush and my sister stood up screaming “Oppa! I like you too!”
Dae Hyun turned around ready to give my sister a smile, but that smile froze as someone grabbed him, putting a towel in his face and then dragged him.
My sister kept looking at the now empty scene.

She grabbed my hand and started walking fast. “Move” she almost ordered.
She just saw the boy she had had a crush on for the past eight years getting kidnapped right after he had confessed her and she just kept walking dragging me alone.

I stopped and pulled my hand. She took it again and dragged me once more.
“How can you be so heartless and cruel after what just happened?” I asked her screaming.

She turned around facing me with tears streaming down her eyes. I felt horrible for yelling at her and being judgmental. “I promised him I would get you out of here and take care of my self. Now move!” She answered.

Her voice was shaking. I followed her this time and we left the court behind.
We were about to reach the highway when someone hit my sister with a steel baseball bat. She fell down still holding me; she turned around and told me to run. I couldn’t. I felt someone hitting me too. I fell down besides my sister. I opened my eyes for a second. I was in a van along with my sister and our friends. I closed my eyes feeling dizzy again and felt the van moving…