JUST AN ORDINARY PROM

The Last Five Minutes

Today we would prepare a prom.

Not the one for our birthday… Just a simple prom to show people we were back and to honour our guests.


Both I and my sister hated those kinds of proms, for no reason.

They were just a useless waste of people’s taxes.

No wonder why our people has a tendency to hate us.


Anyway… I had been looking for Myung Soo all day, but yet I can’t find him…

My sister and I noticed him at times, but it was weird…

So far he fell into a dray with straws and according to my sister he also bumped on a tree… Now the weird about the case is that on both accidents Jong In was there too…


When I finally found Myung Soo, he was lying behind the library door.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him as he jolted up.

“N-nothing… What are you doing?” he replied in shock

“Came to tell you it’s time for you to get ready for the prom… It will begin in an hour or so…” I answered looking suspiciously at him when he bowed and then left.


A while later Jong In just came out of the library happily chewing something.

“Hello, my lady” He greeted with full mouth and a bow

“Jong In… How many times do I have to tell you that you can call me Kyu Ri?”  I rolled my eyes

“Sorry Kyu Ri-ah… I’m not used to it yet…” He replied still with a full mouth

“What are you eating?” I asked curiously

“Myung Soo made me cookies to apologise for being a bit of a jerk earlier today…” He smiled.

I hummed in response and then left to my room to get my self ready as well.

 

The night had fallen and the guests started showing up.

When everyone was seated my father drew their attention by clinging a crystal glass with his spoon.

“Welcome everyone to our lovely celebration. As you all know, our daughters were travelling to the other kingdoms in search for their future husbands. Hoping they have made their choices, they returned, so let’s welcome them, princesses Jae Hye and Kyu Ri”


Me and my sister got down at the ball room and took our seats.

“And of course we have to also welcome our daughter’s friends, Kim Jong In and Kim Myung Soo, servants from EXO and Infinite kingdoms” He said less excited this time as we had befriend two servants and invited them in the palace. They also took their seats next to us and the Ball began, with the food being served.


The orchestra was playing while everyone was enjoying their dinner and when they were done one by one started getting up, dancing around in circles.

I could feel Myung Soo’s eyes burning next to me but I couldn’t understand why.

After a while Jong In also decided to get up and ask the girl who was checking on him since he walked in to dance.

Suddenly as Myung Soo was looking at him moving, the glass he was holding broke in his tight grip.


 The butler immediately came and cleaned the mess when black substance was running through Myung Soo’s hand.

“Myung Soo-ah, is there something wrong?” I asked worried.

He shook his head as he excused his self and then left the room.

 

~Third POV~

Myung Soo left the ball room almost abruptly and his rage became even bigger once he reached to the kitchen realising that HE hadn’t give a damn about his sudden departure.

“Guess the must have been so good, he didn’t even notice the glass accident… Just wait and her blood will be drained out in less than a second…” A mischievous grin spread across his face at his last thought.


He found an old bottle of whine, grabbed a glass and sat at the table with the aim to get drunk.

Meanwhile at the ball after Jong In danced with every girl in the room and re his seat he saw that Myung Soo wasn’t there.

“Jae Hye-ah, where did Myung Soo go?” He asked and the princess shrugged.


He left the room running.

He searched the garden, their rooms, the dray with the straws (just in case) and he finally found him in the kitchen drinking wasted.

“Hyung…” He whispered as Myung Soo kept staying still.

“Hyung” He repeated louder and more firmly this time.

Myung Soo didn’t move again. It’s not like he hadn’t heard him or anything.

He had realised he was coming for him when Jong In was still on top of the staircase, he just kept ignoring him, for the pain he caused him.

“HYUNG!” He yelled out and Myung Soo finally turned around, with a wasted look in his eyes which were red and puffed up.

“What?” he asked, looking like he could kill Jong In in any moment.  

“Are you ok? Why did you leave the prom?” Jong In looked like he was truly worried.

“Tsk… What do you care? You were too absorbed dancing with your girlfriends back there, so why do you even care?” He shot back and then left, leaving Jong In completely dumbfounded behind.


He got upstairs and entered the princesses’ room waiting for them to come.

When the prom ended and the girls returned in their room they were surprised to find Myung Soo in it.

“Myung Soo! You scared us!” Kyu Ri exclaimed.

Both girls were left speechless once Myung Soo lifted his head revealing he was crying. With already red eyes and a pitiful expression in his face he stood up at the view of the two girls.


He fell in Jae Hye’s arms and kept crying and crying all night till he fell asleep there in the middle of the room.

It was early in the morning when he woke up and returned in his room.


Kai was still asleep and he moved silently and quickly in his part of the room, collapsing on the floor behind the door for once more crying again his eyes out.

But what he didn’t realise was that Jong In was lying wide awake on the other side also crying his eyes out.