FRIDAY PLANS

The Last Five Minutes


A/N: Yay! First chapter! At last! A new chapter will be uploaded every week! Hope you'll like it ^^
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Yah! Wake up!” , “Yah! Wake up!”
I slowly opened my eyes and turned to my left.
It was the usual sound of the alarm clock, waking me up for another day.
I turned it off and got up from the bed.
I moved towards my sister and patted her softly on her shoulder.

She murmured something in her sleep but I couldn’t hear her clearly.
“Unnie, wake up! We have school” I said
“No we don’t it’s Sunday…” She replied and turned around
“Unnie it’s Monday and if you don’t wake up we’ll miss the bus and we’ll be late for school!” I kept shaking her to wake her up but she was refusing to.
“Arasseo! I’m getting up, just stop shaking me already!” She finally gave in.

I stopped shaking her and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked up to mirror.

I looked at my reflection. Almost the same as my older’s -by five minutes- twin sister.
Two girls so similar, you couldn’t tell them apart unless you were used to their characteristics.
And when you got to know us better, you would realise how same yet different we are.

My sister… So strong and such a dynamic personality, outgoing and always ready to face the truth no matter how harsh it can be.

On the other hand there is me… Always shy and timid, never ready to feel pain… Close type, afraid of hurting the people around me…
You’re wondering how we can live under the same roof don’t you?
Well in spite our differences, we never stopped loving each other and share our feelings and thoughts, every time we feel lost.

Of course nothing prevents us from sticking around together and even have the same friends.

I tied the blue ribbon well around my neck and put on my jacket.
When I got out Jae Hye had already got ready.
We went to the dining room to have some quick breakfast as we didn’t want to be late for school.
“Kyu Ri-ah, could you pass me the juice?” She asked
“Sure” I said giving her the jar
“Komawo” She smiled.

We left home and run to the bus stop catching the bus on the last minute.
We got on and looked around. There on the back of the bus two very well known figures were sitting. They were our childhood friends Dong Hae and Dae Hyun oppas.
They greeted us with a smile and called us.
“Where have you been?” Dae Hyun asked
“We thought you’d never come” Dong Hae continued
“Sorry… The sleepyhead over here wasn’t getting up” I said and patted on my sister’s shoulder.
“Yeah… I’m sleepyhead ain’t I?” She answered jokingly and we laughed.
“Sit down, we kept you seats” Dong Hae said pointing the empty spots.
 I took a seat next to Dae Hyun and my sister sat next to Dong Hae.

I don’t know why but I’ve always been closer friends with Dae Hyun.
I’ve always found it very easy to share my feelings with him and he would also trust me the best.
He was the only one that knew about my feelings about Dong Hae and I was the only one who knew his feeling about Jae Hye.

Once we got to the school we headed to the classroom to find our two other best friends, but when we got there, we saw an unexpected sight.
Myung Soo -or “L” as he wanted us to call him- was sitting away from Kai without looking at him. L and Kai have been dating ever since Kai built the courage to confess a year ago and they haven’t separated since.

We were happy about them and we didn’t care they were different and neither did they. They never hesitated to hold hands in front of everyone and they were always very proud of their relationship, never wanting to hide it. They never let go each other but there they were sitting separately not talking to each other.
 Kai seemed so sad.
“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Jae Hye asked when we got closer.
“Can you tell me what’s up with some girls, wanting to bring me to the ‘path of God’?”
“Dude what happened?” Dae Hyun asked
“A girl kissed me trying to ‘save my soul’ L saw us and he thought I kissed her. And now he’s mad” Kai answered sadly
“Don’t worry oppa… I’m sure you’ll work it out…” I said holding supportively his hand.
“Thanks, Kyu Ri-ah” he said with his eyes ready to cry.

The bell rang and we got to our seats. The teacher entered.
“Good morning class… Before we begin, Park sisters! Did you change your sides of sitting?” he yelled
“Aniya” I managed to mumble
“You don’t seem to believe Kyu Ri ssi if that’s really you…” He said looking at me intensively
“Mister Lee… Stop scolding my sister… We always sit on our sides…” My sister snapped back at him. I wish I could  do that
“Let’s start with the lesson then…” he said and we opened our books.

After a tiring hour of lesson the bell finally rang to release our bonds.
We went to the cafeteria and sat on our usual table on the back corner.
A little later L also came.

He looked angry and sat without saying a word.
He took his spoon and started mixing his rice with sauce.
Kai tried to talk at him but he was turning his back at him.
He gave a look and a sign at Jae Hye and they immediately changed seats.
When Kai got in front of his boyfriend he looked straight through his eyes smirking
“You’re so pretty when you’re mad…” He said.
L put some rice on his spoon and shot it into Kai’s face. Kai backed off wiping the sauce from his eye when L handed him a hanger chief.
“If I ever see you with another girl except Kyu Ri and Jae Hye you’re dead” L said and Kai smiled.
“So what about going to the movies on Friday? There is a premier, wanna go?”

Dong Hae asked with his exited eyes. I would have drooled if Dae Hyun hadn’t hit me slightly with his elbow.
“Sounds good” L said and we started making our plans