Sunday kiss 009

Sunday kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Care to explain why Sooyoung is going to the Halloween party with you instead of me?" Luhan was heading back to the house when he heard Yixing's voice. Last time, Luhan used to be happy to hear one of his best friend's voice, but for now, he despised it for no specific reason at all.

"Maybe," Luhan pursed his lips, as he stopped for awhile," Maybe, she needs time and space away from you. Which kind of girl would be comfortable around with her best friend who just confessed to her?" Luhan shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, "I don't know. It's just my assumption. Why don't you go ask your girl? And I don't really wish to be her partner for the party, especially when I made a promise to quit my slight feeling for her."

Yixing looked down at the ground for a few seconds, as he bit his lower lip. Even though, Yixing had heard Luhan promising over and over again that he had quit his slight feeling for the brunette, but somehow, he wasn't that assured. Somewhere in his both brain and heart was tugging at him, Yixing was sure that his confession was a big and grave mistake. Yixing swore, he shouldn't have acted so rashly.

"I see," Yixing muttered under his breath; he nodded his head at the older male. "Just keep your promise, gé." Yixing gave a small smile at the expressionless Luhan.

Luhan rolled his eyes as he scoffed inwardly at Yixing, "I am the man that keeps his words. Besides, there are other girls that are way prettier than Sooyoung."  Luhan stuck out his lower lip, as he nodded his head thoughtfully. "Take Chorong for example. She has the curves, quite slim and the height is acceptable. Plus, she is cute."

Yixing rolled his eyes at Luhan who was blubbering about the good points of Chorong, and let out a quite chuckle, "Whatever, gé, you are creeping me out."

Luhan chuckled as he rubbed his nape, "I did? I am sorry if I got carried away by Chorong stuffs." And then, there was an awkward silence as both stared at the ground, not knowing what to say anymore. Maybe, it was the little fight they had back at home that made them this awkward.

Not being able to take the silence anymore, Lay let out an awkward cough, followed by his mumbling, " I guess I will be going first. See you?" Lay laughed at himself, as he walked away.

However, he stopped in his track, and was rooted there for a few minutes or so, before he whipped back his body. Lay smiled gingerly at Luhan, "Hyung, I just want to say I am sorry for being immature, I was really jealous back then when you and Sooyoung became so close that I hated you and your every moves during those periods. I am so sorry for being a big jerk. I should have understand how you have felt too." Lya in a deep breath, as he calmed his beating heart. It was nervous to let everything out that he had been holding in for so long.

"I just need to ask two favors from you, can I?" Lay bit his lip as he gazed at stoned Luhan  in vexation. Yixing was worried too, because one of the favor that he was going to ask might be a bit too absurd for Luhan, and it might even trigger the hatred from Luhan to Yixing.

For Luhan, he felt his heart dropping into a vacuum or something along the way, but Luhan knew himself that he was devastated. And that, something he wished won't end might be coming to an end. Luhan swallowed his saliva, as he held in his breath. He felt like the time had stopped, and everything around him started spinning around when Yixing mumbled out those ugly and filthy words that Luhan could never imagine.

"Can you end 'Sunday Kisses' with Sooyoung?" Lay gulped down his saliva too, as he held in Luhan's pointless stare.

"W-why?" Luhan choked out his words, he felt like breaking down. He didn't want to end this relationship with Sooyoung, because once he ended it, he was sure there won't be anything for him to hold on just to be with Sooyoung or even talked to her. But Luhan knew too that he was being too selfish, when he knew himself that this wrecked relationship would come to an end soon since Lay had confessed to Sooyoung.

"Because, truth to be told, I have never ever kissed Sooyoung on the lip nor the cheeks." Lay mumbled, as he hand his head low. "Now that you have stole her first kiss on her cheek, I wished you won't progress further by the deal of your Sunday kisses. And in future, if ever Sooyoung became my girl, I won't like to know how many kisses you have given to her or even witnesses you kissing her on her cheeks."

Luhan puffed out his cheeks, he understood Yixing well, in fact he already had thought of what Yixing might told him. And it wasn't surprising either. But, Luhan chuckled at the thought of Sooyoung lying to him that Lay had kissed her every once in her birthday. Luhan thought that it was cute that Sooyoung lied to him, just to make him getting frustrated all over that Lay was one step ahead of him.

"I will think about it, but the chances of me ending Sunday kisses is close to," Luhan in a deep breath, and heaved a sigh because he was going to lie to his best friend and he didn't feel good doing it. "...close to ninety-nine percent, I suppose." Luhan tapped his chin thoughtfully, and feigned a smile.

"Thank god." Lay heaved a sigh of relief, as he thought of Luhan being stubborn and not wanting to end the relationship of Sunday Kisses. Once this deal was gone, Yixing was certain it would be much easier to court Sooyoung than before.

"Then the second deal was, will you be her dancing partner?" Lay inquired, this time hope was glistening in his eyes, because this was much a more simpler favor than the first one. "You know, you told me that she is still awkward around me after I confessed to her." Yixing squeaked in, as he watched how Luhan was still lost in his own thought.

"But Chorong," Luhan stuck out his lower lip as he pouted in dismay, "Guess I should do this favor for one of my brother."

With a nod and a bow, Lay finally left from Luhan from his sight. Luhan sighed, as slowly the grin that had been plastered on his face faltered into a frown. "How am I going to end off that deal when it was the whole beginning for me and her?" Luhan kicked the stone in frustration. Well, if he was really going to quit and stay as far away from Sooyoung, he should let go of his deal too, right? But why was it so bitter and hard to let go off a simple deal that sounded so childish at first? And why was Luhan getting so attached to Sooyoung as well?

Luhan was only attracted to her, because of her cold behavior at school. And now, he liked her slightly. And Luhan feared, it would really progress to what crept him the most: love.

But it was impossible, right, especially when they weren't that close, but the question that left unanswered to his question was: why was it so bitter and sour? Two different tastes that didn't go well together often yet both merged well together and brought a certain pain to Luhan's chest.

Luhan flinched back slightly when his phone vibrated in his pocket. "Who the heck texted me?" Luhan whined as he stomped his foot around. But his eyes widened when a certain named flashed on his phone screen. "S-sooyoung? Why would she text me? Last time I checked, it was me who done the messaging." Luhan gasped, as he stared at the phone screen in bewilderment. "And all of this will come to an end soon, because as soon as I cut off the deal, we will be once strangers again." Luhan chuckled, before he opened the text message.

From: Princess Soo.

Hey, dickhead! XD Anyway, wanna go....shopping with me today for the preparation of Halloween?

If you reject my offer, you really have the guts because this is my first time asking a guy out for shopping.

But don't take the message wrongly, because this is plainly for the party and you know how much I am excited for this.

See you at about 2 pm!

 

Luhan smiled to him unknowingly, as he beamed knowing that he was the first ever person that got invited by Sooyoung. Luhan suppressed a small smile, "Since it's ending, I will enjoy it to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter