Sunday kiss 018

Sunday kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   2011

First day of college. First meeting. 

Nineteen year old Sooyoung was excited for her first day of college. Her heart fluttered at the sight of the grand stage ahead of her that she could feel her heart wobbling. She knew she would be standing there, on the stage, delivering her speech as the highest scorer from the candidates. After all, she was the Choi Sooyoung, scoring an A for almost every tests and now, she got the scholarship for the dream of her college.

Sooyoung sat upright in her seat, and fumbled with her thumb while the principal was delivering the same old speech. 

"I am very grateful that you, lovely students, chose to come to our college," the principal, also known as Mrs.Kwang, smiled, "And we are very proud to announce that the top two scorer from our freshmen are also from top fifteen in the whole of Korea, it's cer—" 

However, she was interrupted when the door slammed opened, and there came was a young guy who had dyed his hair into hot pink, and had his uniform totally tucked out. Sooyoung couldn't help but clicked her tongue, she assumed it would be one of the rich kids who managed to get into this school through dirty works from their parents.

With his hands tucked in his pants' pocket, he cooly saluted the principal with his two fingers as a form of an apology, a smirk was on this unknown student. Sooyoung noticed how the principal stood rigidly on the stage, and how she had her lips pursed into a tight line. 

"Young man, where are your manners?" The principal hissed into the microphone, causing snickering to erupt throughout the hall. Girls squealed in delight at the hot looking student, while guys admired secretly at the brave soul in front of them. While the geeks shivered away at the delinquent in front of them, just like Choi Sooyoung. 

"Whatever," the student held up his both hands, and sniggered quietly. "I am just interrupting your speech, right? I bet you haven't announce the top scorer yet. Go on, continue, we don't have the whole day, principal." The student said. He brushed past against many students, and chose to flop down on a free seat that every one seemed to have avoided. Which was a seat just next to Choi Sooyoung's. 

Sooyoung's eyes caught on the shining nameplate on the boy's pocket, and the name rolled off from the tip of her tongue, "Luhan."

The supposing Luhan smiled. "Yo!" He waved his hands, his lips tugged up into a wide grin. "What's your name?" He asked.

Sooyoung sat there, and felt as if she had just frozen right in the spot. No boys had never asked her name ever before. She felt a new feeling triggering inside her, and when she parted her dried lips to reply, no sound came out from . It was as if she had turned mute in just one second.

"S-Soo young," Sooyoung stammered, and paused for awhile to take in a deep breath, "Choi Sooyoung."

"It's a pretty name," Luhan nodded his head. "So, why did you come to this college? I heard this college is pretty tough." Instead of replying to him, Sooyoung chose to keep quiet, and noticed how strange the boy's accent was. It was as if he was a foreigner, and Sooyoung was sure that none of the Koreans would ever name their kids 'Luhan'. It was too rare, and exotic.

"Are you a foreigner?" Sooyoung asked.

"Damn, I thought my pronunciation improved at least from last time." Luhan chuckled, and swiped his hair to the left. Sooyoung took this opportunity to take a closer examination at a real life flower-boy. Firstly, he had a pair of too beautiful set of eyes, that would twinkle even in the dark. It was so alive that it just gave you a sense of security and this just made Sooyoung loathed his set of eyes. Hers had never been 'alive' before, it was always dull, and it never seemed to provide warmth like Luhan's eyes, instead it seemed to provide a darker side of the world where darkness and loneliness existed.

 Sooyoung would be lying if she said she never envied the long eyelashes of Luhan that curled naturally, and it seemed to compliment so well with his doe-like eyes. Sooyoung hated the very fact that Luhan's lips looked better than hers, even though he had a little scar on his lower lip. It looked so fine and smooth just like porcelain face. Luhan was just this handsome enough to be called as a doll, instead of just a flower-boy. And to Choi Sooyoung, flower-boys or real life dolls, all of them were fake that only seek for attentions, and wealth.

"It's always very obvious to find out whether you are born here, no matter how long you stayed here."    Sooyoung whispered, and held in her breath when she saw the principal receiving a scroll of honor from one of the teachers from the college. Scroll of honor only meant something, it was finally the time. Finally, Sooyoung would be able to say that message she had been practicing overnight for today.

"Ahh, I wander who will be the top scorer," Luhan chuckled, and he was the total opposite of Choi Sooyoung, his muscles were relaxed while hers were tensed so much. Luhan had his lips danced into a gracious smile, while Sooyoung had her lips pursed in concentration. She felt her pulse increasing so rapidly that it was as if the heart might break through those ribs of hers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter