Sunday kiss 010

Sunday kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was drizzling, yet Sooyoung knew it  would be enough to wet her entire dress and ruined her 'special' makeup. Ferocious clouds were still rumbling their ways in the sky; lightening were like arrows that God had shot just to vent his anger on his unfairness.

Sooyoung huffed out a deep sigh, while twirling around her umbrella. Rain drops flickered off from the pink umbrella, and it didn't fail to lit up Sooyoung's grimace face.

"I'm sorry that I'm late again," Luhan smiled sleepily; his face was flushed from running to the bus-stop in hurry. He shook his head, and his wet and sluggish hairs followed along while making some slapping sounds. Although Luhan was in a simple white shirt with a big logo of peace, and just a pair of black jeans; Sooyoung felt her heart thumped louder than she expected.

She didn't knew why, but Luhan was so attractive in her eyes. Sooyoung clutched tighter on the invitation card for the Halloween party, and she tried to swallow the big lump in that was slowly choking her to death.

She tried to clear , while helplessly hoping that she won't stutter. "D-did you bring your costume and your invitation card?"

Luhan crooked his brows, and his lips immediately tugged into a frown. He asked with concern, "Why is your face so pale? Are you sick? Do you need to go home?" His hand flew over to Sooyoung's forehead, and the latter didn't even have a second thought about slapping his hand away.

"I don't need your concern, just answer my question," Sooyoung snapped; she whipped her head and fixated her gaze on the floor. From the corner of her eyes, she could clearly see Luhan's face darkened. "Oh." Luhan opened his mouth, and quickly after that he wailed, "Shoot, I totally forgot about the invitation card! I think I threw it away."

Sooyoung groaned, and flushed her face right into her palm, "Ergh. Never mind, I have mine. I guess I could beg the teacher to let you enter as my partner. So, we better─" Sooyoung was mindlessly nagging so much that she didn't even realize a motorcycle was speeding so fast, probably, the driver was drunk.

"Watch out!" Luhan yelled, and grabbed hard at Sooyoung's waist, and twirled the brunette and pulled her into his chest. His heart was beating so fast and hard right now, because if he hadn't be this vigilant, he could be losing that noisy girl right there. And Luhan didn't even want to imagine it.

Sooyoung, meanwhile, gasped in shock, and she certainly felt her whole body stiffening so much that she didn't realize she had let go of her only hope of going to the party which was the invitation card. Suddenly, it was as if the whole temperature around her had increased drastically, about like forty degree Celsius because she felt her whole face burning, like it had been put into an oven.

Luhan let go of her and grabbed her hard by her shoulders, "Hey, Sooyoung, are you alright? Are you hurt? I'll kill that─" But he was interrupted by Sooyoung, who snapped at him angrily. "Stop it!"

She puffed out her cheeks, as she breathed in heavily, "I told you not to ing concern me at all. Because I hate you and you hate me, and enemies are not supposed to care for each other. And look! The card!" Sooyoung flung her hands around; she pointed hysterically with her second finger at the lying card on the middle of the road.

"I can go get it for you!" Luhan, who seemed to be not affected by the brunette's sudden cold and harsh behavior, smiled gingerly. But before he could even cross the road, a speeding car crushed that card with its wheels mercilessly, and what left on the ground was just a piece of muddy card which was half distorted.

"Or maybe not." Sooyoung rolled her eyes, and stood with arms akimbo. "Look, I am really happy that you concern for me but, I don't need that concern alright? Since, the cards are gone, guess, I would enjoy my Halloween at my house, rotting." Sooyoung grimaced at the thought, she didn't very enjoyed the thought of enjoying the Halloween at home, while stuffing numerous candies in .

Sooyoung stomped away from the bus-stop, fuming. She couldn't understand herself why she was being so touchy and so easily agitated today, was it because of Luhan and his disturbingly handsome face? Or was it because she couldn't enjoy the Halloween party because of that dumb , Motorcycle rider?

She halted in her steps and turned back, "Look, I'm sorry alright that I blamed you back then for the card."

Luhan had an arch smile on his face; he stepped closer to the clueless Sooyoung and leaned in, "Then, as an apology, accompany me to enjoy my day at the outside world instead of my house."

*****

Sooyoung really didn't enjoy this little so called 'letting-Luhan-enjoy-his-day-at-the-outside-world' session, when Luhan had his hand tightly grasped on Sooyoung's. It was slowly making the brunette turning uncomfortable, with her stomach churning along with the butterflies flapping their wings here and there. It was a mixed feeling, enjoyable yet nerve-wrecking at the same time.

"Hey, want to go there?" Luhan pointed at the mini-arcade in the big mall which was beautifully decorated with pumpkin craved into various faces  instead of the normal pumpkins for the Halloween. "Arcade?" Sooyoung crooked her brows, while she stared into the space blankly. She had never been to the arcade before, yet let alone playing a game there, make sense right? She thought there were just waste of time and money, it was filled with nothing but childish games.

Looking at Sooyoung's blank and confused face, Luhan chuckled and ruffled her hairs, "Don't worry, it's my treat."

Sooyoung felt her eyes getting rounder every minutes that passed. She had this one question in her head though: why was Luhan treating her so nice yet at the same time, so touchy?

 

 

"I want that toy over there." Sooyoung felt her eyes fixated on the toy sitting at the edge; it was a deer soft toy yet again. And if she wasn't wrong, it was Bambi. She heard Luhan chuckled softly under his breath, "Should I get it for you?"

Sooyoung glanced at him, and nodded her head, "Think of it as making it up for me for not able not go to the party." Luhan stuc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter