Sunday kiss 019

Sunday kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung halted her steps in front of the dance practice room, pondering over and over again, wandering whether she should enter the room and faced what had been haunting her every single nights.

"Xing xing, I don't think I am brave enough," Sooyoung drew in a breath, holding on the doorknob tightly, "to enter the room and face her."

Lay didn't need to be told twice to know that Sooyoung was talking about Chorong. Heaving a sigh, he ruffled her hair playfully. Lay smiled. "It will be alright. You have me, remember?"

Sooyoung did feel a little bit better hearing those words from her best friend, she felt protected. Forcing a smile on her face, Sooyoung muttered. "It's okay, I will be alright."

Twisting the knob, Sooyoung could feel her heart hammering against her chest. How will Chorong react after seeing her? Sooyoung felt as if she was a witch, or the third-party in the little perfect relationship of Luhan and Chorong. She didn't like ruining others' fairytales. Especially not Chorong's, since the girl was known to be kind and innocent.

Sooyoung assumed everyone would be dancing in front of the mirror. Yet, all she saw was Luhan and Chorong surrounded by their respective friends. Everyone looked as if their blood had drained from their faces. Kris and Tao were slapping each other's faces, Baekhyun was yelping helplessly when Chanyeol continuously pinched him. It was chaotic among the boys, while only dreading silence hang in the air among the girls.

"Why? I was spreading it through everything, from facebook to twitter to everything!" Bomi whined, and threw her hands up in frustration. "Why must he break up with you? I understand he's very cute, handsome and got the swag, but why? Is it a third-party, the evil witch that always come in a perfect fairytale?" Bomi sent a glare from the corner of her eyes, and clicked her tongue, "Look at that bastard, smiling like nothing happened. I bet he found another girl. Player. I warned you, Chorong."

Sooyoung stood rigidly in her spot, when the similar words rang in her ears. Third-party. Evil witch. Found another girl. Those words the exact same ones that she loathed hearing it from others.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lay asked in concern, hanging his hand over her shoulders. He didn't like the way Sooyoung's face fell, and how her fingers seemed to tremble every now and then. He didn't like it to one bit. He knew she was afraid, but he wandered what she was afraid of. Afraid of people accusing her? Lay heaved a little to himself, even though she was his best friend, he felt as if something between them was still missing, just like a jigsaw puzzle. He could never understood her, no matter how much he tried. It was as if she was shutting everyone else out from her life. And Lay was so sick of it, he just wished that she would open to him or any one, that included Luhan!

Sooyoung parted her dried lips, "I'm just," she paused and wrecked her brain for an appropriate word to say, "tired. That's all. I'm just tired."

Lay massaged his ceased forehead. He didn't buy that lie, yet he couldn't force her to say it either. He just wished that someday, the girl would tell him all the problem regardless of how serious it was. He just wished she would knew that he would listen to her, despite her constant nagging of how he often zoned off.

"Alright." Lay huffed. "Do you still want to practice..," He frowned, and continued, "...in that condition of yours?"

Sooyoung smiled meekly, and pinched Lay's cheeks. "Thanks for concerning me, stupid. Of course, I will still practice regardless of how unwell I am or whatsoever, because this competition is pretty serious to you. Right?"

Lay, who was speechless by the girl, could just grinned softly. "That's why I like you so much. Ha."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter