A Celebration

Beyond the Clouds

Raymond gripped tightly on his cell phone, uncertain whether he should call Tavia. He wasn’t sure why he was so hesitant, they were after all, friends. Finally, he rang her cell.

“Hello?”

“Hey Tavia? It’s Raymond. I was just wondering… would you like to go hang out at a cottage for two nights along with my other friends? We are going there on a cruise...” He said.

“My friend Shirley, she’s getting married and she said I could bring a friend and I was just wondering if you wanted to go?” Raymond blabbed on. “You could also invite whoever you want.”

Tavia hesitated on the other line. She wondered if she was even allowed to go. It definitely sounded like fun. Maybe she could invite Patrick or Selena and it would be fine for her to go.

“Um, I would love to. But I’ll have to get back to you.” Tavia said.

“Oh okay, then I’ll talk to you later?” Raymond asked.

They hung up and Raymond allowed himself to breathe. He wasn’t sure why he was acting so strange over the phone.

- - -

Meanwhile, Ron just entered his apartment from his day with Tavia. He was whistling to himself but stopped as he saw Sammul throw a pillow right in Benny’s face.

“What’s going on?” Ron yelled, running to get between them.

“Ron, do you know about this?” Sammul asked.

“No he doesn’t.” Benny chuckled.

“Know about what?” Ron cried.

“BENNY IS GETTING MARRIED!” Sammul yelled, throwing another pillow at Benny, but this time he missed, as Benny ducked.

“YOU WHAT?!” Ron yelled, running towards Benny and wrestling him onto the ground. Sammul joined Ron, and Benny was struggling to get up.

“Okay okay I’m SORRY! QUIT IT GUYS!” Benny said, between chuckles.

They stopped and Benny sat upright. “I didn’t tell you guys because you were both dealing with your own problems and I just didn’t think it was the right time to tell you both. But you both know that I love you both dearly – so when I do move out, don’t miss me toooo much! You two will always be in my heart!” Benny grinned, making a heart out of both of his hands.

“URGH” Both Ron and Sammul backed away and burst out laughing.

“Okay now seriously, you two must attend my cruise event. You better take the day off!” Benny said.

Ron nodded. Ron couldn’t believe Benny was getting married. He was so happy for him. Could the day get any better? He thought. He glanced over to Sammul, who was smiling, but his eyes revealed sorrow. Ron could tell Sammul was pretending to be happy, but he was dying on the inside.

- - -

Tavia arrived to volunteer, the next day. She greeted the staff and volunteers as she walked by and she went straight to her locker. She opened her locker to find a dozen of red roses. She gasped as she wasn’t expecting this. Who could it be from? She thought, looking around.

“Oh my god! Those are so beautiful! Who are they from?” Macy cried, as she walked into the room.

“I’m not sure…” Tavia said, searching for a card, but found none.

“Ouu. You got a secret admirer!” Macy grinned. “Do you think it’s someone who works at the hospital?” She asked.

“I’m not sure…” Tavia said again. Macy left the room.

Suddenly, Bosco appeared out of nowhere. “Do you like the flowers?” He asked, grinning mischievously.

“These are from you?” Tavia asked her eyes widened.

“Disappointed?” Bosco asked, pouting.

“No...no. Why thank you. I just don’t know why you would get this for me – it’s not as if it’s my birthday.” Tavia murmured, her voice trailing off.

“It’s my birthday.” Bosco announced.

“It’s your birthday and you’re buying me flowers?” Tavia gasped. Bosco chuckled at her reaction.

“Happy birthday!” Tavia quickly added.

“Thank you.”

“Wow, you should’ve told me earlier. What do you want for your birthday?” She asked.

“Are you free tonight?” Bosco asked.

“Sure, are you celebrating your birthday?”

Bosco nodded. “I’ll be there.” Tavia said. Bosco grinned.

After volunteer, Tavia rushed to the mall. She had absolutely no idea what to get Bosco, and she only had an hour left before she had to rush back home, since Bosco was going to pick her up. She walked around the mall, but she wasn’t sure what to get him. Then she saw something on the window display. She smiled, as she thought it would be the perfect gift for Bosco. She quickly purchased it and went home.

- - -

short chapter, but the nxt one will be longer :)

1/08/10 - it's august ): 1month of summer left !