Cake Disaster

Beyond the Clouds
Quietly humming to herself, Tavia opened her apartment door. She saw Patrick sitting on the couch, enraged.

Patrick looked up at Tavia, anger flashing through his eyes. “Benny dropped off these pictures today.” He stated tossing a bunch of pictures on the petite glass table that sat between their couch and the television.

“Oh he finally got them developed?” Tavia asked, excited as she hopped onto the couch and took grab of the pictures.

She flipped through them, smiling as she saw the group picture. Her smiled got wider when she came across a picture of her and Raymond. Raymond looked adorable, she thought. Then she shift through the rest of the pictures, coming across a picture of her and Bosco, and a picture of her and Ron…

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Patrick snarled.

“What?” Tavia asked, bemused.

“That you bumped into Ron.” Patrick said, looking at her in the eye. “Do you remember him, Tavia?” He asked, softly.

“No…I don’t. I have a couple of flashbacks here and there, but I don’t remember him. Tell me, why do you hate him so much?” Tavia asked.

“You don’t understand. You have to stay away from him!” Patrick yelled, getting up. Tavia cast a glimpse as he balled his hand up into a fist.

“Patrick, tell me what is going on?” Tavia asked, her voice softening.

“Tavia, I don’t want to have to bring up the past. It’s better if you don’t remember at all.” Patrick said.

“Please tell me! I want to know!” Tavia cried, tears welling up in her eyes. Good or bad, she wants to know the truth. She tugs onto Patrick’s wrists, but he swings her hands off.

“All you need to know is that he is involved with a gang. He isn’t who you think he is. Trust me. Stay away.” With that Patrick walks back to his room, slamming the door. Tavia cast a look at him before he left, and she could tell he was sincere.

Sitting back on the couch, she stared blankly at black screen of their television. She felt her cell phone vibrate in her jeans, and she picked it up.

- - -

As the doorbell rang, Bosco smiled and dropped everything in his hand, running to the door. He opened it and as expected, Tavia was at the door. His smile faded, as he sensed a sad aura from her. She immediately forced a tiny smile, but he knew it wasn’t real.

“Sorry for calling you so late.” Bosco said, as Tavia walked into his house.

“That’s fine. Thanks for the ride from your chauffeur.” Tavia smiled.

Tavia then noticed Bosco wearing an apron and he had flour at the side of his right cheek. She casually reached up and brushed it off his face. Bosco felt his cheeks flush as he felt the warmth of her hand. He watched her, smiling like a crazy person. Tavia noticed his stare and quickly dropped her hand, as she didn’t want him to think of anything otherwise.

“How’s your ankle?” Bosco asked.

“Better, thanks. You know how to cook?” She giggled, pointing at his apron.

Bosco grinned cheekily. “Well…No. Usually my maid does the cooking. But this is the reason why I invited you over. I want you to teach me how to cook!”

Tavia was surprised to hear this. Bosco led her into the kitchen and she followed him. Her eyes trailed the counter to the sink, which was a total mess. Pots, pans, bowls, spatulas, all the kitchen utensils were laid out, along with many spices, jars, and fresh ingredients.

“Wow.” She mouthed, thinking that this mess would take a while to clean up.

Bosco watched her reaction and chortled, scratching the back of his head.

“I tried to make the cake you gave to Bobby last time you visited the hospital. I thought it tasted delicious and I just wanted to make it.”

Tavia nodded, her eyes trailing to the refrigerator door which was still opened. She walked over to it and shut the door, giving Bosco a weird look. “Oops” Bosco mouthed. Tavia giggled.

“Okay, I’ll help you make it, once we clean all this mess. Actually, it would be a good idea to learn to cook and bake, it’ll be beneficial for your future wife! Women like men who can cook!” She laughed.

Bosco smiled, agreeing with this. It was ideal to learn, as he hoped it would impress Tavia. He will try his best to be the full package for her. Chuckling at his own thoughts, Tavia glanced up at him, shaking her head while her smile never left her face. Bosco is very special, she thinks to herself. He is always so funny and sweet around her. She realized that she had only set foot in his kitchen for five minutes, yet his presence had uplifted her gloomy mood.

They started to clean up the mess and then Tavia turned to Bosco. “So you want to learn the mango cheesecake?” She asked. Bosco nodded, smiling like a child.

“I printed out the recipe for it.” Bosco said, showing her the paper he held.

“Okay, why don’t you start mixing those ingredients together.” Tavia pointed to the list, assigning Bosco a task while she worked on something else.

They started to work silently, and Tavia, noticing Bosco grinning non-stop giggled, “Why so happy?”

“I have good news.” He said.

“Do tell me! Did you get yourself a girlfriend?” Tavia teased. Bosco chuckled at her answer.

“Today at the hospital Bobby spoke to me and told me that I no longer have to volunteer. He said that I’ve changed a lot recently, and that I’ve been hardworking and responsible. I can start working as his assistant and gain more valuable experience. I’ll be able to treat some patients.” He said, cheerfully.

“Wow, that’s great!” Tavia said, beaming. Then she frowned. “Will I be able to see you often?”

Bosco noticed this and laughed. “Of course! I’ll come to your department and visit you…and. We can still have lunch together. Plus, it’s because of you that I’ve changed for the better.” He blushed.

Tavia grinned thinking that his answer was sweet. Then a thought occurred to her as she smiled mischievously. She placed both of her hands into the bag of flour and then she quickly lifted her hands and lightly clasped them on both sides of Bosco’s cheeks. This took him by surprise as his lips formed a big O. She watched his reaction and giggled at all the flour on his face, as he looked so silly. Putting on a fake angry expression, Bosco quickly digged his hand into the bag of flour and just as he was about to reach Tavia’s face she ducked. Soon, they started throwing the flour around and burst of giggles escaped their throats. Their non-stop laughter echoed through Bosco’s humongous house.

- - -

08/08/10 - i'm posting faster than i type :\ also my story is longer than i thought. so the nxt update may be in a few days.