Haunting Past

Beyond the Clouds
Time flew by, as midnight arrived. All four of them were quite drunk. Benny waved his farewell to Ron as he carried Shirley to get a Taxi. Bewildered, Ron had no idea where Tavia lived and he didn’t know what to do with her. Browsing through her cell phone, he searched for Selena’s number from her list of contacts. He frowned when he came across Bosco, and pass Patrick, stopping at Raymond. Scolling down, he found Selena and called her.

After a couple of rings, Selena picked up, her voice sounding drowsy. She was awoken from her sleep and was extremely surprised to hear that it was Ron; it had been such a while since they talked. She was even more surprised to know that he was with Tavia, and he needed her help to bring Tavia home, without letting Patrick know that that they had met up.

Selena didn’t really know why Patrick had such hatred towards Ron, other than that Ron had an appalling past. She too didn’t have a good impression of Ron when she first met him, but since he became best friends with Tavia, and soon became her boyfriend, she had learn to accept him. After all, Ron had changed for the better just for Tavia. She didn’t understand why Patrick still had a grudge on him. It has been so many years, Patrick was just too stubborn. But then again, there seemed to have been a lot more going on that she didn’t know of.

Selena gave Ron Tavia’s address and told him that she’ll meet him outside Tavia’s apartment and bring her up. Hanging up, she frowned, as she didn’t want to have to face Patrick. They had met a couple of times after her confession, but there was this awkwardness and distance between them ever since. Silence had filled the air whenever they are around one another, and it does hurt to have to see him so much. She knew they both needed space and that she needed time to heal her broken heart.

While carrying Tavia in his arms, Ron ran towards a Taxi that was parked right outside of the pub. He reached for the door and got inside the taxi. Stating Tavia’s address to the taxi driver he drove off, arriving at her apartment in ten minutes. Paying the driver and getting out of the taxi, Ron stood outside near the gate, waiting for Selena. It was a chilly night, and Tavia was shivering in his arms. He held her closer to him, watching her sleep peacefully. He smiled, despite how cold it was. Unpredictably, Tavia mumbled, “Ray..” in her sleep. Once Ron heard this, he frowned, feeling his heart drop. Wondering if Ray stands for Raymond, he felt himself tremble in fury.

- - -

Stirring in her sleep, Tavia had a massive headache. She could feel the beads of sweat rolling off her forehead.

At first her vision is blurred. She couldn’t make out where she was. The room was dark and empty. All she could see was four walls, no windows. A few feet away there is a table, and a chair. She could hear herself breathing heavily. She was seated on the ground, and looking down at her feet, both of her ankles are tied together by a strong rope. She suddenly feels the pain of her arms and wrist. Her hands are also tied to her back. She struggled to untie herself, but could not. Her eyes trailed to the door, where diminutive light seeped underneath through the crack. Her thoughts whirled in her head. What is happening? Who kidnapped me? Ron…Where is Ron? Panicking, her tears are running down her cheeks. She prays that Ron will come to her rescue.

Her heart started to beat rapidly as she hears a loud laughter escaping through the door. She shuts her eyes and prays that whoever it is won’t come in. With her eyes shut, she can hear footsteps coming closer to the room. The sound of the doorknob turning, the door creaked open. A few seconds of utmost silence later, she opened her eyes slightly, peeking through her eyelids. Gasping, she jumped back in fright, at the familiar face that was inches away from hers. As his eyes stared down at hers, his evil grin appeared on his face.

“Did you miss me, Tavia?”

Choking through her words, Tavia squeaked, “Why? Why can’t you leave us alone?”

He chuckled, his eyes never leaving hers. “Me? What about you? Why the hell can’t you leave US alone? I’ve warned you to stay away, but you just wouldn’t. This is your entire fault. You have no one to blame but yourself.”

Inching his face closer to hers, he shut his eyes and sniffed her.

“Mm. I can’t blame him though. I can see why he’s so attracted to you. Maybe once I finish you off he won’t be anymore eh.”

Tavia’s eyes widened as she hears this. She shakes her head, shifting backwards until she hit the wall. “Please, don’t…” She begged continuously.

He ignored her, and began ing her checkered sleeved shirt. Kissing her neck while she begged him to stop through her tears, he reached his last button, but frowned when he pried off her shirt. She was wearing a tank top underneath. Just as he was about to take her shirt off, the door burst open. Before he could even react, he was slammed to the ground.

“You bastard!”

Slowly, Tavia opened her eyes but her tears blurred her sight. She saw two figures punching one another and one was hit against the wall. The other continued to throw punches at the person against the wall, and then he grabbed the person on the neck, strangling him.

“Why the hell did you this to her? This is all because of me, why the did you have to bring it out on her?” He cried through tears.

“That b*tch…she ruined everything. You would choose her- HER- over….us?” The guy choked. Slowly, the guy slid down the wall and collapsed on her floor, as the guy released him.

“I will NEVER forgive you for this. From now on, I will not have ANYTHING to do with you – NEVER again. You’re lucky that I didn’t kill you right now. But if you EVER hurt her again I will kill you.”

The guy slowly walked over to Tavia, picked her up and carried her in his arms. Tavia was too weak to speak; her eyes were slowly drooping shut. Slolwy lifting her eyes, she made out Ron’s face. She was so glad that he had found her, that he had rescued her.

Before Ron walked out the door with Tavia, she heard the guy whsiper in the harshest tone, “This is NOT the end. I will not let this go. You two will suffer in HELL.”

Tavia’s eyes snapped wide open. She couldn’t breathe. Glancing sideways, she felt around. Realizing she was lying in bed, she felt that her pillow was wet. Sitting up and casting a quick look at her clock she saw that it was 1:27 am. She sighed in relief as she realized that this was all a dream. Or at least that’s what she thought. But why did it feel so real? She recalled back to her last flashback with Ron on his motorcycle. What is reality, what is a dream she couldn’t make out. All she knows is that she had never felt so scared and she suddenly wished that Raymond was here to sing her to sleep…

- - -

15/08/10 - Pretty intense chapter? I kind of struggled through this, but I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry it took me a while to update, as I’m kind of busy these days. I do hope to finish this by the end of Aug.

Here’s my list to keep track on what is unknown and is yet to be revealed:

* What happened to Tavia prior to the accident (relationship w/ Ron, what happened during her motorcycle flashback, whether Ron got revenge)
* What happened during the accident
* Whether or not Ron is involved in a gang
* Why Tavia’s parents and Patrick strongly dislikes Ron and are against their relationship
* The real reason to why Linda broke up with Raymond
* Kevin Cheng case
* And of course…Who is Tavia going to end up with (&other pairings)

Hope I’m not missing anything!