First Move

Beyond the Clouds
An hour later, Bosco picked Tavia up in his car. “Where are we going?” Tavia asked, while he was driving. “It’s a surprise.” Bosco said, driving ahead. He then turned his head to face Tavia and winked.

Tavia giggled. “You are so odd.”

Twenty minutes later, they arrive in front of a mansion. Tavia gasped at the sight before her eyes.

“This place is beautiful! Where are we?” She asked.

Bosco grinned. “This is where I live.”

“WHAT?” Tavia asked. Then again, it wasn’t surprising, as she already knew Bosco was rich. But why was he bringing her to his house?

“Come in and meet my parents. Dinner should be ready.” Bosco said as he got out of his car and walked over to Tavia’s side. Being a gentleman, he opened her car door and waited for her to come out.

Tavia just sat in her seat, stunned.

“Tavia…I know this may seem a little weird, but my parents wanted to spend my birthday with me, and I prefer to eat at home rather than go out. You would think I would bring you to a fancy restaurant right? Well, let’s just say I’m a little sick of that.” Bosco says.

“No…It’s not that. You should’ve told me earlier so I could have brought something!”

Bosco chuckled. “Don’t worry about it! You know Bobby. You met him before. And my mom, she won’t mind either. Come on in please?” Bosco pleaded.

Tavia nodded. “Okay.”

Bosco led Tavia into his house. He rang the doorbell, and the door opened.

“SURPRISE!” Out jumped Bobby. He was wearing a birthday hat, and he was in a t-shirt and sweatpants. A younger looking woman was beside Bobby. She too wore the birthday hat.

“Uh…Thanks mom, dad. You guys are so childish!” Bosco laughed, hugging them.

They instantly saw Tavia, and Bobby felt extremely embarrassed. “Hello Tavia.” He greeted.

They entered Bosco’s house. “Mom, Dad, meet Tavia. Tavia, you know Bobby. And my mom – Christine.”

“Hello Tavia. Nice to meet you.” Christine said, extending out her hand.

“Hello auntie. Uncle. Nice to meet you too. Sorry I didn’t bring anything today, as I didn’t know I was coming over.” Tavia smiled, shaking Christine’s hand.

“That is absolutely fine Tavia! I’m surprised Bosco brought a girl home! He has never done that!” Laughed Christine.

Bosco sneaked a look at Christine, hoping she would notice and stop.

“Bosco…You didn’t invite your other friends?” Tavia asked, glancing around.

“I don’t have many friends.” Bosco admitted.

“What?” Tavia exclaimed. She then covered , embarrassed from her outburst.

Bobby sighed. “Most of his friends aren’t really his friends. They usually get close to him because of his money. And then there are some girls who get close to him because of his handsome look.”

“Oh…I’m so sorry!” Tavia stuttered. “You know I’m your true friend!” Tavia burst out. “I would never use you in any way!”

Bosco nodded. “I know. That’s why I invited you to my little party.” He looked around. “Is Steven coming?”

“He’ll be here in a moment.” Christine responded. “Come on in to the living room Tavia!” Christine said, pulling her along.

They all entered the living room and sat down on the couch. Christine went into the kitchen to bring out the food. “I’ll help you auntie.” Tavia said, getting up and following Christine into the kitchen.

“Just call me Christine, dear. You should wait here; after all you are a guest!” She says.

“No I should help out rather than sit here and wait to eat!” Tavia said.

Bosco smiled as he watched them head into the kitchen. Bobby studied Bosco’s face. A few seconds later, Bosco noticed Bobby staring at him.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Bosco asked.

“Yes. There are boogers up your nose!” Bobby gasped, in a very dramatic way.

“What?!” Bosco stood up, about to run to the bathroom.

Just then, Bobby burst out laughing. Bosco frowned. “I was just joking; you should’ve seen your face!”

Bosco joined in laughing.

“Seriously though. Do you like Tavia?” Bobby asked.

Bosco smiled at the sound of her name. “How did you know?” He asked.

“The way you look at her. I can tell this time you are serious.” Bobby says.

Bosco laughed. “This time…” He repeated.

Tavia and Christine came out, each holding two plates of food.

“Wha…Thanks mommy! The food looks deeelcious! Like I always say, home cooked food is the best! Especially when my mom cooks it! You should cook more often!” Bosco jokes.

Christine lightly slapped Bosco’s hand.

“It does look very delicious!” Tavia agreed. Just then, the doorbell rang. Bobby went to open the door.

“Steven!” Bobby greeted. Steven entered, and waved at everyone.

“Hey Bosco!” Steven smiled, “Sorry I’m late man.” He slapped Bosco lightly on the arm.

Bosco smiled. “Glad you could come.”

Steven eyed the food on the table. “Wow. What Is this? This is mouth-watering, lip-smacking, delicious, high-class food!” Steven joked.

Everybody laughed.

“Okay, everyone dig in!” Bobby exclaimed. “Oh wait! Before that – you all must wear a birthday hat!” Bobby joked.

“Are we still children?” Bosco laughed.

“Bosco’s a big boy now! You’re what – 24?”

Bosco nodded. They digged into the food. After they finished, Bobby shut off the lights and Chrinstine brought the cake out. It was a cheesecake and there were exactly 24 candles on it.

Everybody began to sing happy birthday to Bosco and clapped. Tavia smiled. His family is so nice and fun, she thought. They give off this warm, comfort feeling. She wished she could meet her parents.

While they sang, Bosco smiled widely, and he never took his eyes off Tavia. He was having the best birthday yet.

After they polished off the entire cake, they decided to sing karaoke in their own home. Bobby and Christine started off, singing an old love duet. Then Steven stole the microphone and sang a song. He was quite off-key, but nobody said anything as they were all having so much fun. After he sang, he passed Tavia the microphone.

“Um…No thank you.” Tavia said, politely.

“Oh come on! Sing something!” Steven urged.

Tavia takes the microphone and hands it to Bosco. “Here – you’re the birthday boy.” She said.

“Okay…How about we sing one together?” He suggested. Tavia nodded, and they picked a love duet.

While they sang, Bosco sang with so much emotion and his eyes never left Tavia’s. Tavia struggled a bit when she started off, as she did not know of the song, but she later got a hang of it. Christine held onto Bobby’s hand, squeezing it. They looked at one another and nodded in approval as they watched Bosco and Tavia. Steven nodded as well.

At the end of the night, they said their goodbyes. Bosco drove Tavia home. “Oh, before I forget, here’s your present.” Tavia said, handing him her gift-wrapped present.

Bosco opened it, and in it reveals a cup. On the cup are the words, “HANDSOME DOCTOR” Engraved in it. At the bottom, Bosco’s name was engraved on it as well.

Bosco chuckled. “Thank you Tavia. Exactly what I needed.”

Tavia giggled. “As long as you like it!”

Unexpectedly, Bosco leaned in for a kiss. Tavia jumped back in fright. Bosco also jumped back after she did.

“Sorry about that.” He murmured.

Perplexed, Tavia quickly said goodbye and got out of the car running up to the gate. Bosco watched her go in, feeling upset.

- - -

02/08/10 - bota <3

Special thanks to poooh_bear for the lovely poster ! :)