Wicked Games || OO8

Wicked Games

Jiyong kept his words, and immediaely texted me the following morning, our plans for the night. I’m not going to lie, I cannot help but to feel excited for our date. There is just something about him, that could twist my insides. I’ve had boyfriends in the past before, but none of them could make me feel a fraction of Jiyong’s effect on me. Maybe its his charms; even though he could a real sometimes, he has his ways with words.

 

Seunghyun, on the other hand hadn’t texted, or bothered me for the past twenty four hours. Ever since we part ways yesterday morning, we haven’t had communication. Half of me is happy, he is after all a pain in the derriere in so many ways. He could also make my blood boil like no other. But the other half; the unknown part is kind of sad; it’s weird. I couldn’t explain it to myself either.

 

Why do I feel sad that he hadn’t contact me? Shouldn’t I feel happy?

 

Argg…I really think I’m losing my head.

 

First I agreed to date Jiyong,

 

I promised myself I would not date him until the pigs can fly; but when he shows up at my work, giving me flowers and smiles, I got swept out of my feet with a snap of a finger.

 

And now I’m feeling sad because of Seunghyun.

 

The man, whom barged into my house with no invitation and black mailing me, until I agree to go to the beach with him, because needed a breath of fresh air.

 

What had my world come into?

 

Shaking my head, I pushed the Seunghyun off my brain and just focus on Jiyong. Why should I care about a guy who does nothing but make fun of me?

 

Ha!

 

I continued to stare at me closet, completely oblivious on what to wear. Jiyong says to wear a dress.

 

Dress…The only dress I own was the one I wore when we went clubbing. And I’m sure that dress isn’t appropriate for date night.

 

Aish…maybe I should just cancel.

 

Reaching for my phone, I quickly sent a text to the only people I know that could help me. It’s already quarter passed six, and Jiyong is going to pick me up at eight. Till now, I’m still on my sweat pants and raggy old t-shirt. Within minutes, my savior barged into my room. Lee Chaerin and Park Bom.

 

“Okay what’s the 411” Chaerin asks nochantly as she plopped into the seat beside me.

 

I sighed. I haven’t had a chance to tell them my plans for the night. Everything had happened so quickly and I haven’t had a chance to think things through. And I know for a fact, Chaerin and Bom will make a big deal about this. The two of them had been trying to set me up with different guys for ages; and now that I’m going on a date…let’s just say the thought of telling them about my date before it happens wouldn’t even enter my mind. I would probably wait until the next day.

 

“I need an outfit for tonight…”I said, trailing off. I looked at the two of them, and they’re both giving me a curious look.

 

Bom raised her eyebrow. “What’s the occasion?”

 

“I may have a date tonight”

 

Both blinked a couple of times, before letting out a scream. It was as if the two of them won the lottery, by the way they were acting. A couple of seconds after, they both crowd around me.

 

“Tell me everything! I didn’t know you met a guy!” Chaerin says excitedly.

 

I blushed at the thought Kwon Jiyong. 

 

“Yah Ssantoki, since when did you start keeping secrets from us huh?” Bom asks, with a hurt look.

 

“Aigo…this girl” I shook my head. “Can you just help me get ready please? I only have one hour and a half to look presentable”

 

“Arasso, arasso…but you have to promise that you will call us immediately after the date”

 

Bom pouted. But I know her; she’s only pretending. She often use her ‘puppy’ face look to get her way; she knows it works like magic on me. I sighed, but agreed anyways.

Chaerin clapped her hands, catching our attention.

 

“Alright. Bom, you take care of Dara’s hair and make up, while I’ll take care of her outfit” she says, as she began rummaging through my closet.

 

Bom took out the small amount of make up I own, and somehow finds a curling iron that I don’t remember having. Sitting me infront of her, she began working her magic, mean while Chaerin flipped my closet up side down, trying to find me a dress. It looked like a tornado came into my room.

 

“Yah Park Sandara. We need to go shopping soon. You literally have nothing decent in your closet for time like this” she complains with a frown. I rolled my eyes and ignored her. “Ack. Screw this. I’ll be back”

 

Chaerin leaves the room; keeping Bom and I wondering to ourselves. After finishing with my hair, Bom moved on with my face. While working on my eye make up, Chaerin comes in barging in with a dress and shoes in her arms.

 

Throwing them on top of the bed, she sighs.

 

“Ah…you should be paying me for this…for all my hard work for you”

 

Bom laughs. “Especially me…”

 

“Arasso…I promise I’ll treat you guys with ramen…”

 

“Yah…you’re so cheap” Chaerin glares, throwing a pillow at me.

 

“Okay fine…I’ll buy you girls whatever you want….but I need to remind you that I am poor therefore I cannot afford much”

 

As soon as Bom finishes with my makeup; both of them immediately pushes me into the bathroom, with the dress. Slipping it on, I could already feel that the dress will be almost like a second skin. I don’t even know how Chaerin could fit into this.

 

“Dara…It’s already 7:45, come out now” Bom calls from the other side. I sighed out loud, and opens the door.

 

The both of them cheers.

 

“Ah Dara, you look so pretty!” Bom cooed. “Whoever this man, is going to be speechless”

 

“I agree!” Chaerin exclaims, with a wide smile.

 

I blushed, and tucked in a piece of hair under my ear. Suddenly my phone began ringing. With my heels on, I raced towards my phone, before any of them could answer it. They were about to grab the phone out of my hand, but I gave them the meanest glare I could muster. Knowing I’m not joking around; they both backed off. I smiled to myself, and cleared my throat before answering.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Sandara?”

 

Gosh, even on the phone he sounds….

Aish…thinking dirty thoughts again.

 

“Sandara, are you there?”

 

“Y-yeah…hello, Jiyong”

 

Chearin and Bom gave each other a look, as if figuring out who I am talking to.

 

“Sandara, are you ready? I’m already here”

 

“Oh okay. I’ll be right there”

 

I ended the phone call, and grab my clutch. I bid my friends goodbye, thanking them once again. They didn’t fail to remind me about my promise which I only rolled my eyes at. While In the elevator, I had to remind myself how to breath, and be calm. Bom taught me a few tricks, which clearly didn’t work.

 

When I stepped outside, Jiyong was leaning against his black car, his phone in his hands. He wasn’t aware with my presence, up until I cleared my throat. Looking up, his eyes seized my appearance; taking me in from head to toe. He stepped in, closer towards me, before taking my hand, bringing it towards his lips. He smiles at me, setting out the butterflies in my stomach once again.

 

I’d be lying if I said, I wasn’t freaking out inside.

 

“You look breath taking” he whispers, but loud enough that I can hear him clearly.

 

I blushed. “Thank you”

 

“Let’s get going then…the night is not getting any younger”

 

Jiyong led me towards his door, and like a gentleman (completely opposite from the first time I met him) and opens the door for me. For the second time for the night, I blushed at his action. We drove in peace and silence; but it wasn’t awkward. He kept a light music in the car, which I am thankful for; it helped me calm my nerves down.

 

The two of us ate at some fancy . The food was delicious, and so is the wine. And Jiyong was a fantastic company. We talked mainly about my family; I told him about my parents raising in Busan with my younger brother Sanghyun. How my parents work to their bones, so we just have food on our table. I also told him how I decided to move to Seoul, to continue my studies. I told him what my likes and dislikes; what I love, and don’t love.

 

He one the other hand, talked about his business, and how he became the youngest yet most successful man; not only Korea, but also in Asia. I already know most stuff that he told me; seeing he is always featured in magazines and such. But one thing he never talked about was his family. Although I’ve read stories about it, I still wanted to hear him talk about them. I wanted to know, which ones are fact or fictions. But he never did; and I didn’t pry. Through out the night, and even though we had shared a few laughs together; I couldn’t help but to feel like he still has this barrier around himself. He was very careful around his words, making sure that he didn’t say anything that is personal.

 

After our dinner, Jiyong drove us to the Han River to get some fresh air. Looking out the beautiful scene in front of us, my eyes keep going back and forth from the water to him. He is truly beautiful.

 

…can a man even be describe as beautiful?

 

“What?” he asks, as he noticed my stare.

 

“Nothing” I said, with a blush. He laughs, but never said anything. I cleared my throat. “So, I can’t help but noticed that you didn’t tell me much about your interest earlier at dinner. What do you love?”

 

Jiyong looked down at me, his eyes meeting mine. They weren't hard like stone, but they were different. Sadder. He buried his hands in his pockets, before shaking his head slightly from side to side.

 

"I don't... love,"

 

I blinked twice, waiting for him to say that he was just joking around; but he never did.

 

“…you don’t love?” I ask in confusion. How can anybody not love anything? I don’t think that it is even possible.

 

“I don't love. I'm passionate with the things that I like, but I don't love. " he elaborated. "Love is only for the weak"

 

"That's a pretty big statement, isn't it?"

 

"You think so?" He questioned  with an amusing look. I nodded, and he chuckled in return. "When you love somebody, you are pretty much giving that person the liberty to hurt you. "

 

"But isn't that the wonder of love? You trust them not to hurt you? And even if they do, in the end wouldn't it all be worth it?" Jiyong chuckled once again, which I frowned at. "You really don't love anything or anyone? Nothing?"

 

"Nothing," he said plainly, no emotion what-so-ever.

 

I let that sink in for a moment. How could someone go through life not loving anything? I mean I get how he can say that he does not love anyone; some people is  just  like that. But not love a thing?  I love ramen. I love carrots. And bubble baths. Honestly, whoever invented bubble bath, is a pure genius.

 

"What's the matter?" he asked, pulling me from my thoughts. Jiyong must have notice the confuse look on my face. 

 

"You confuse me. I don't get how someone can not love anything."

 

"Think of it this way, I enjoy things - cars, music and people whom I benefit from. If something pleases me,then  I keep it around or revisit it for my pleasure. If I grow tired or find it boring then I discard it. It's very simple. Like I said, emotional attachments are for the weak."

 

I was speechless. There was many things I had wanted to say, but I felt like there was a lump in my throat. I really could not believe everything he had just said. 

 

"Come on, Sandara. Let's be honest here," he said, turning his body towards me. He leaned forward, while I took a step back. He chuckled, "Every human in this world is materialistic. No one cares unless you are rich or drying. With that said, no one ever gets past my money and my looks. This isn't about being my soul mate or falling in love with someone I'm not. Why don't you stop playing hard to get and acting like you aren't just like everyone else that wants in my bed or in my wallet. You don't have to work so hard to get me interested. The is all I've been thinking about since the moment I met you. The game playing has been entertaining, but come on, I've got women who require much less effort on my part."

 

I felt sick to my stomach. All along I was right about him - an arrogant, self-absorbed . He was all about what pleased him or displeased him. This was all about getting me in bed. I was so naïve, so stupid. I actually felt sorry for him. He was shallow and heartless. He gave me flowers, and few knee weakening smile and I was a goner.

 

Before I could even stop myself, onto doing anything that I will regret; I began to walk away. The anger in me was over flowing. I don’t know how, but all I want to do now was go home and forget today had ever happened. I want to forget about Kwon Jiyong. I should’ve known this date, was going to be a complete disaster.

 

I didn’t get much far away, before Jiyong catches up to me; grabbing me by the hand.

 

“What’s wrong Sandara? Why are you leaving already?” he says in a mocking tone. “Are you surprised that I caught you in your own game?”

 

I looked deeply into his eyes. His eyes were the coldest eyes I had ever seen in my entire life.

 

I muster all my strength and pulled my wrist back. I didn’t fail to notice the dark spots forming in my now redden wrist. I took a step back, gave him a hard slap on his face, ignoring the throbbing my pain.

 

Jiyong looked at me flabbergasted.

 

“I hope that slap will give you a wake up call.” I said calmly.  “You are honestly the worst I have ever met in my entire life. And I don’t know who do you think you are, and what kind of women you surround yourself with, but I am not someone who is easily impressed by your money, fame and whatever else you said”

 

For a second he looked take back, but that didn’t last long.

 

“I hope this will be the last time that I will see your face. You disgust me” 

 

With that I walked away before he can even say anything else to make me feel even more insulted. Every step I took, I hoped I will never have to see his face again. I don’t know where my feet had taken, all I wanted was to be far away from Kwon Jiyong. Thankfully, he got my message loud and clear; he didn’t follow me. When I couldn’t take anymore walking, I immediately grabbed my phone and called Bom. Before she could even say hello, I immediately told her to pick me up at the Han River with no explanation, and ended the phone call.

 

I sat on one of the benches, and kept my eyes at the ground. No matter how much I tried, Kwon Jiyong keeps entering my mind. I wonder if I hit my head hard enough, would I forget about him?

 

Suddenly, I saw a man’s shoes in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows. I was scared, yes but from what I learn from my dad is to never show fear.

 

I lifted my head, and my eyebrows creasing, even more.

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

He chuckled, and then smirk afterwards. “Why do you look surprised? You told me to pick you up here”

 

~~~

 

mhuahaha…

yep your eyes are not deceiving you,

I finally updated!

I apologized for my lack of updates for the past month,

but I am finally on summer vacation therefore no more short hiatus ^.^

thank you all for the subscribes and comments

I can’t believe this story already has 112 subs :D

anyway,

see you all next time

xx