Wicked Games || O16

Wicked Games

 

 

I don’t remember much, or how the rest of our vacation went. It was as if I was in lost in my own world, staring at thin space. Bom and Chaerin usually catch me daydreaming, and would immediately bring me back to reality. Just like he promised, Seunghyun gave me all the time that I needed. The very next day he acted as if nothing happened between us. He relentlessly teased me, and was back to his annoying self. I know he noticed my change of mood towards him. Each time I caught him staring, or smiling, I no longer think that they are innocent.  The scene the night before rushes back into my brain and then I’m back to zero.

Jiyong didn’t join us for the rest of our vacation. He stayed the second day but, the following morning Seungri informed us all that Jiyong went home because of some sort of emergency. I admit I was relived; it had made things a little bit easier for me. We stayed in the island for five days in total; it was full of laughter, fun, and awkwardness. Bom had developed a crush on Seunghyun, and was completely unaware of Youngbae’s feelings. Seungri on the other had found a satisfaction of pissing Chaerin off. Everything he did have gotten under her skin. I think the only sane one in the group was Daesung…

“Unnie, are you done?” Chaerin asks walking inside my room. I had the bright idea to leave packing my things at the very last minute; therefore, I’m suffering its consequences. Sighing out loud, I shook my head.

 “Not yet” I said, and walked to bathroom to gather my toiletries. “Where’s Bom?”

Chaerin sat down on the bed, and began helping me fold my clothes. “She’s talking to Seunghoon oppa outside. I don’t know how she hasn’t realize that he has feelings for you and not her”

My eyes bugged out of its socket, and started a coughing fit.  

“Oh please unnie” Chaerin laughs, shaking her head. “Don’t act so surprise. Oppa looks at you as if you’re the only girl in the world”

I scoffed but, I felt my cheeks rising. “No he does not”

“Unnie, please save your acting for someone else”

All of a sudden Bom came rushing into my room and tackled me into a back hug. “Oh god, I’m sorry Dara. I swear I didn’t know you and Seunghoon are in a relationship” she cried out loud, wetting the back of my shirt with her tears.

I looked at Chaerin, asking for help but all she did was laugh.

“Bom-ah” I said, trying to pry off her arms. Bom is the type of girl whose strength is underestimated. I swear it’s all the corn that she eats. “Bom, I can’t breathe!” I finally managed to scream,

When I turned around, Bom’s eyes was bloodshot red. I immediately felt bad for screaming. She let out a hiccup, and sat down on the bed.

Again, tears fell from her eyes like a waterfall.  Immediately, I kneeled in front of her and tried consoling her.

“Bom, what’s wrong?”

“Dara, I’m so sorry.” She apologized once again. “I swear I didn’t know…”

My eyebrows rose in confusion. “You didn’t know what?”

“about you and Seunghyun! He said that it was new, and it only happened two days ago and-“

My eyebrows furrowed, looking at her like she has two heads.

“Bom, what are you talking about? Tell me what happened from the beginning”

Chaerin finally decided to be helpful, and gave Bom a bottled of water. She took a long drink and breaths before speaking again.

“Seunghyun and I were talking, and I finally decided to ask him out of a whim. Because you know, I have this crush on him” She says, blushing a bit. Bom was never the type to ask a guy out, so her embarrassment was understandable. “And he says that you, and him are actually dating. He apologized for leading me on, thinking that he has feelings for me…”

I didn’t hear anything she said after ‘you and him were dating’. My body began to shake out of anger. Without another word, I stood up from the ground and began my way into Seunghoon’s cabin. I could hear Bom and Chaerin calling out my name but I ignored them.

I was beyond angry. In fact, I walked passed Seungri whom I was able to scare due to my facial expression.

Once arriving at his room, I knocked repeatedly at Seunghoon’s door. It didn’t take long for him to open it.

…But damn guy forgot to put on his clothes, and was only wearing towel.

“Dara, what a surprise”  His voice was full of sarcasm, and his facial expression was mocking me.

“You son of a ” I said, gritting my teeth. “Why the are you telling Bom that we’re dating?”

“Ah so you’ve heard of the news” Seunghoon let out a low chuckle. “Why don’t you come in first, and let me explain”

“No I don’t want to come in, you motherer…”

He lets out a ‘tsk’ sound. “Oh Dara, what a potty mouth you have. If my mother could hear the words that you’re calling her…”

I looked at him confusedly. I was pretty sure this is way to change the topic. “What? What are you talking about?”

“Son of a ? I’m the son of my mother, so technically you are calling her a ” he says, “and mother er.  Are you implying that I have an relationship with her?”

“Look Seunghyun” I exhaled. “Truthfully it’s too early for your bull. So I’m going to make this short. Don’t tell people, spreading lies that we’re dating. Heck I’m pretty sure we’re not even friends, arasso?”

“Now you’re just hurting my feelings” he said, holding his hands over his heart. I looked at him, as if he was insane.  All of a sudden he started laughing out controllably. 

Yep, he’s insane.

I ended up growling at him, leaving him by his door still laughing.

xx//-

Around noon we boarded the private airplane flying back to Korea. I was still not talking to Seunghyoon, but everyone else was giving us cryptic looks. He tried to talk to me countless of times, but with one look from me he immediately backs down. The sitting arrangement was rather satisfying. Prior to our flight back, I already explained to Bom that there was nothing going between Seunghyun and I. I did tell her that Seunghyun that has feelings for me, but it wasn’t mutual. As expected, Bom was bummed out. However, she promised us that her feelings will pass by as soon as she meets a new guy.

…How she does not realize Youngbae’s crush on her is beyond me.

Chaerin, Bom and I sat the very corner of the plane. Once in a while Seungri would come and talk to us, whispering into my ear the messages Seunghyun asked to deliver. Every time I would roll my eyes and change the topic.

xx//-

We arrived in Korea around midnight. Thankfully, the boys had set up a car service for us to be driven home. Seunghyun tried to talk to me once again but I ignored him. He was the last person on Earth that I wanted to talk to.  The girls and I parted ways right as we stopped in front of our front door, and promised to come over tomorrow morning.

After quickly washing my face, I changed into a t-shirt (that I stole from Minho) and some short shorts. I get really hot during the night, so I opted for this instead of pajama pants. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I closed my eyes and waited for the unconsciousness to consume me.

….

Minutes passed, I’ve tossed and turned…yet, I was still wide awake. Letting out a big sigh, I covered myself deep into my blanket hoping to fall asleep.

….

Another fifteen minutes passed before I gave up trying. I quietly padded to my kitchen, looking for something to eat. Seeing I was away for almost a week, there was nothing appetizing in my fridge other than orange juice, and some apples. I contemplated whether I should go to the nearby snack store that is opened 24 hours, and grab some food when I heard a buzzing sound from the intercom. It’s an alarm, noting that I have a guest that I need to buzz in.

Seeing it was close to three in the morning, I couldn’t think of anyone that would want to visit me at this time.  

…unless of course Seunghyun. And in that case, I really don’t want to see him.

I heard another buzzing sound, breaking out of my thoughts. Reluctantly, I pressed the red button and spoke straight to the speaker.  “Hello?”

I heard a shuffling sound on the other side, before I heard a familiar voice.

“It’s me…Can we talk?”

The saliva in my mouth quickly dried up. My brain is telling me not to, that I should tell him to go home. It’s a sensible and wise answer. However,  it was as if my hand has its own hand. I don’t even remember pressing the numbers on the intercom, until I heard the familiar sound of my doorbell.

With a deep sigh, I opened the door and saw Ji on the other side of the door. Unlike the other times I’ve seen him, calm and collected, he looked like a zombie. His necktie is loose, hanging on his neck. The bags underneath his eyes indicate that he hasn’t been sleeping properly.

“Did I wake you?” His eyes expression is soft, with a hint of worry.

Still unable to find my voice, I shook my head, and moved aside so he can come in.

After closing the door, I let out a deep sigh and imagining of banging my head on the door.

…I should’ve just stayed in bed.

'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

waah...it's been a long time.

sorry for taking so long to update, but i'm back again :')

hopefully i have time to update frequently.

thank you to all who stood by me, while i took some long hiatus.

see you all later!!

xx