Wicked Games || O1O

Wicked Games

Days flew by quickly after the whole Jiyong incident and somehow, I managed to put it at the back of my mind. Thankfully, he doesn’t show up in my work place anymore. Now I just remember him as typical rich man, who knows nothing but think that his money can buy me. I never told Chaerin and Bom how the date went. Even though they bugged the life out of me, I simply told them that it’s the type of date I never want to remember. That was enough to make them drop the topic and to never speak of it again.

...and on the other hand, Seunghyun was a different story

 I couldn’t consider us as friends, because he still annoys the living day light out of me; but not a stranger because he always finds a way to get to know me. He asks questions about my life; where I came from, what do I do… I guess you can call him an acquaintance. I mean, it’s not like I have a choice or anything. He was like a weed, always popping out of no where. Actually, Seunghyun reminds me more of a brat, who doesn’t know how to take ‘no’ as an answer. He always gets his way, one way or another.

He usually uses black mail.

… what an .

Today was a typical; Woke up, got dressed and showed up to work. Lately, my manager had me work on the morning shifts. Truthfully, I like working at Eclipse in the morning, rather than at night. The restaurant is not as busy, and I get more tips from the customers.

I was waiting patiently for my order when I felt my phone buzz. I looked around, and made sure that Eun Jung wasn’t around before reading it.

 

From: Annoying Brat

To: Sandara Park

Time: 11:45 AM

~~~

I’ll pick you up tonight at 8.

I want to introduce you someone

~~~

 

I growled internally. I looked around again making sure the coast is clear before answering back.

 

From: Sandara Park

To: Annoying Brat

Time: 11:50 AM

~~~

I can’t. I’m working double tonight

~~~

 

I put my phone back in my pocket, before any of the mangers caught me for texting. I bowed and thanked one our chefs before putting the food in the tray and serve it to my waiting customers.

 

Through out my shift, my phone was constantly buzzing. I should've known Seunghyun is  going to be blowing up my inbox. When I couldn’t take the buzzing anymore, I made an excuse to go to the bathroom. I walked in one of the stalls and immediately locked it before taking my phone out.

Just as I suspected, my phone was full of the annoying brat’s text messages.

 

From: Annoying Brat

To: Sandara Park

Time: 11: 52 AM

~~~

No you’re not.

I know your schedule

~~~

 

From: Annoying Brat

To: Sandara Park

Time: 11:55 AM

~~~

ya!

Why are you not answering me

~~~

 

From: Annoying Brat

To: Sandara Park

Time: 11:58 AM

~~~

Is it busy?

Helloo…

~~~

 

From: Annoying Brat

To: Sandara Park

Time: 12:03PM

~~~

Sandara Park!

~~~

 

From: Annoying Brat

To: Sandara Park

Time: 12:05 PM

~~~

you know what I’m capable of doing.

If you don’t answer me after this text I will show up at your work place…

Don’t think I won’t do it because you know I will

~~~

 

The blood in my face immediately drained. It was now 12:30, and the last text message was sent twenty five minutes ago. Knowing how Seunghyun’s mind works; there is no doubt he won’t back out of his words. I let out a deep sigh, and hit my head against the wall.

 

“Dara?” a co worker calls my name. I blinked repeatedly, and crossed my fingers. “Dara, are you here?”

 

I sighed. “Yeah Hana? Do you need anything?”

 

“Someone’s here looking for you”

 

I gulped, and hit my head with my hand. “Okay, I’ll be out in a minute”

 

“Okay, he says he’s not leaving until he talks to you”

 

I gritted my teeth, and cursed him inside my head. Wait till I get my hand on that annoying brat. I washed by hands before heading out. It didn’t take me too long to find Seunghyun. He was like a golden duck, standing out from crowd of people. He was wearing his signature attire; black suit and tie. And his hair, perfectly styled. All in all, he looked like he just came out of a photo shoot.

As I was walking towards his direction, I didn’t fail to notice the lingering looks from the girls that walk pass by him. It’s a given that the annoying brat is good looking. Too bad his attitude ruins it for him. As I walk closer to him, the urge of slapping him upside down grew stronger.

“Ya!” I called him out. Seunghyun turns around and smiled. But like difficult man that he is, his facial expression immediately changed into frown. “What are you doing here?”

“You’re not answering my text messages” he said still with a frown.

I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms.

“If you haven’t noticed I’m working”

“Excuses, excuses”

I glared harder at him. “Why are you here anyway?”

“I’m here letting you know that I’m going to pick you up after work”

“Didn’t I tell you already? I have to work double tonight”

“Don’t lie Sandara. You finish work at 4:30”

I rolled my eyes. “Why are you actually here?”

“I’ll pick you up after work” I frowned at the tone of his voice. Here he is again, being a demanding . “I want you to introduce you to somebody”

“I don’t want to. I’m tired. I want to go home and sleep” Something flickered across Seunghyun’s face but it quickly disappeared. The air around us had changed. “How do you know where I work anyway?”

He snorts. “I had a way to find out where you live and your cell phone number. It shouldn’t be surprise that I know where you work” …Relevant point.  “So I’ll pick you up after work?”

“Seunghyun…”

“Please?” He asks in a low voice, his eyes staring into mine. “This would mean a lot to me”

Though the man usually gets into my nerves every time he opens his mouth, the way he spoke, and the way he was looking at me makes me want to melt inside. He also an hopeful

Did I just really say that?

“Seunghyun…” I sighed, “I didn’t bring any change of clothes”

“Don’t worry about that. So I guess you’re saying yes?”

 

“Do I really have an option?” I asked sarcastically, “Knowing you, you’re probably going to force me in your car afterwards anyway.”

 

Seunghyun laughs out loud. After shooing him away, with much force mind you, he finally leaves. Though our conversation felt like it was forever, it wasn’t really long enough to be caught by Eun Jung. I immediately went back to work, and  Hours came by and I was officially done work. Though I was excited about finishing work, I was dreading spending with Seunghyun. All I really want to sleep and relax since I have an early shift tomorrow again. Stepping outside the restaurant, my eyes immediately zeroed in on Seunghyun. He’s wearing a pink pastel coloured polo shirt, tucked in by a grey dress pants. As usual he has his signature ray bans on, and poker face.

 

Sighing to myself, I walked towards him. His face immediately brighten up once he saw me.

 

“Hello” he greeted me with a smile. I returned it with a glare, which he laughs at. He then offered me the brown bag he was holding.

 

“What’s this?”

 

He rolls his eyes. “Has anybody told you that you ask too many questions? Just go inside and get change”

 

I let out a ‘hmph’ noise but followed him nonetheless. I knew that there was no point arguing with him. Once I reached the bathroom, I skimmed through the paper bag. There was a pair of jeans, blouse and ballet flats. The inner me felt touched. Even though he has some qualities that annoy the living life out of me, he could also be very sweet. After changing into the clothes the he brought, I met him outside once again.

 

“Does it fit alright?” he asks. I nodded yes. He took the paper bag out of my hands and put it in the trunk. I sighed once again.

 

“Seunghyun, where are we going?” He smiles, and opens the car door for me.

 

“It’s a secret” he winks and then closes the door. As usual the car ride was quiet and plus he was playing some kind of a lullaby. Little by little, I could feel my eyes dropping. Seunghyun chuckles and I immediately sat up straight.

 

“It’s okay Dara. You can sleep, I know you had a long day” he says with a teasing smile.

 

 “Tsk, Don’t want to. You’re probably just saying that because you want to throw my body into the Han River” I frowned. I was just joking; I know I could trust him (I think?). Suddenly Seunghyun takes a hold of my hand. Surprised by his antic, I immediately looked up to him.

 

“You know I wouldn’t do anything that will get you in trouble right?” he says with a small smile. I nodded silently, but I could feel the blush taking over of my entire face. Finally he lets go of my hand, and turned off the radio. “Sleep Dara, I’ll wake you up once we’re there”

 

Without another word, I turned my head towards the window. I heard him chuckled once again, but I decided to keep quiet. With a sigh, I closed my eyes and embraced the darkness.

 

For what it felt like minutes, I was suddenly woken up by a hand caressing my forehead. I couldn’t help but take notice that whoever it was have really soft hands. I scrunched up my nose, a habit I do when I’m about to wake up, and my lips. I immediately jerked up when I heard laughter. I turned my attention to Seunghyun, with an amused look.

 

“Has anybody ever told you, you look like a rabbit when you’re sleeping? Especially when you scrunch up your nose” He teases, scrunching his nose in the process too. My face turned beat red, and his laughter became louder. “You’re cute”

 

I slip my tongue out, and glared. “Yeah yeah…are we here yet?”

 

“Why do you think I’m trying to wake you?” He asks with a wink. “C’mon, let’s go”

 

I didn’t wait for Seunghyun to open the car door for me. Stepping out, I realized that he had brought me in a hospital. Furrowing my eyesbrows, I turned at him.

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

He only smiles. “Stop asking too many questions”

 

Without further notice, Seunghyun leads me inside the Hospital. Each staff member we pass by bowed at him and even some of the patients. I furrowed my eyebrows again, and further to feel confused. He then stops by the elevator and pressed a button, bringing us the top of the building.

 

I looked at Seunghyun, hoping he will offer me some kind  of explanation but instead he kept quiet. Once the elevator door opens again, he grabs my hand. The whole floor was deserted, only men in black suit and tie are around. Again, they bowed at the sight of Seunghyun.

 

He lead us infront of a deserted hallway, and stop infront of a two door room. With one last smile at me, he opens the door.

 

Peeking inside the room, I noticed a lady sitting by the window a book in her hand. She had an IV connected to her hand, and a bandana wrapped around her head. Her gaze immediately fell to us, and within a second her face broke out into a smile.

 

“Seunghyun” she called happily.

 

“Umma”  Seunghyun said, and wrapped his arms around her. I didn’t notice how frail she was until she stood up. The two of them chatted while I looked around. The woman was clearly Seunghyun’s mother, but what I’m doing here is beyond me. Suddenly, he called my name, and brought me closer to his mother.

 

“Umma, this the girl I was telling you about…Dara” He says, giving me a smile. For the third time today I felt my cheeks going red. “Dara, this is my mother…Jihye”

 

“Hello, nice to meet you Mrs. Choi” I said, with a bow.

 

“Ah Seugnhyun, you never told me how pretty she is” she said, making me blush harder. “and enough with Mrs. Choi, just call me Jihye. Mrs. Choi was my mother in law”

 

“Okay then…Jihye”

 

She then clapped her hand. “You don’t know how long I have been bugging my Seunghyun to bring you here. You would think that as his only mother he will grant my wish sooner but it took him three months to take you here”

 

“Umma!” He said, with a horrified look. He too was blushing.

 

Jihye heartily laughs. “Aigo…my little Seunghyun, how long has it been since I saw you blush like that”

 

I let out a small chuckle. Seunghyun looks at me, and then to his mother.

 

“Umma, stop it” He hissed, “And why are you not in your bed? Didn’t the doctor told you should be on bed rest?”

 

 “Oh please, I have been on bed rest for a week already. I need to stretch out my bones…I’m not getting any younger” she responded, while rolling her eyes. “Isn’t that right Dara?”

 

“De?” I asked confusedly.

 

“Umma…”

 

Jihye shook her head, and then changed the topic. “Dear, why don’t you get us something to eat from the outside? I’m sure Dara is hungry”

 

Seunghyun looked contemplated but agreed anyway. He bid us goodbye and told us that he will be back shortly. He kissed his mother on the temple, while he gave me a short smile. As soon as he was gone, Jihye invited me to sit with her by the window.

 

“He’s a great man isn’t he?” she asks with a smile as she pours me a cup of tea.

 

“He is” I nodded in agreement, “You raised him well”

 

She laughed to herself, “Seunghyun…I barely raised him. His father and I are always away on business…” she explains and looked up to me. “Nonetheless, I am very proud of him”

 

The atmosphere around us immediately quiet down. Jihye looked like she reminiscing something, while I was still confused to why I am here to meet her.

 

“Sweetheart, do you know why I asked my son to bring you here?” she asked breaking out of her thoughts. I cleared my throat and shook my head no. She laughed to herself and placed down the teacup on the table. “I asked him to bring you here because in all of Seunghyun’s life, I have never seen him talk lively about a girl before”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, “Huh?”

 

“Don’t tell me that you don’t my son is completely taken with you”

 

“Well, it never crossed my mind before” I said truthfully. In all honestly I was completely surprised.

 

Seunghyun?

 

The man who does nothing but to get under my skin is taken by me?

 

What?

 

“That man…how he call himself a Casanova when he couldn’t even tell the girl that he’s interested?” Jihye asks herself. “This must be news to you huh?”

 

I couldn’t do anything but shake my head ‘yes’.

 

“You know, I remember when Seunghyun visited me after he met you. It was as if the smile on his face is irremovable. And whenever he comes and sees me, he’s always happy. It took him sometime before he finally told me about you; and that was only because I beat him to it. I knew that he must have met a girl for him to act like that” she paused, with a smile on her face. “That’s why I wanted to meet you. I wanted to meet the girl that makes my son feel happy and alive”

 

“Jihye…” I said with a pause. “I can’t be the only one that makes Seunghyun feel like that. I met his friends, they seem like great people. I’m sure that they help Seunghyun too”

 

She looked at me briefly and laughed. Her facial expression that she makes when she laughs reminds me a lot of Seunghyun. Actually, Seunghyun got most of his traits from his mother. His eyes, his nose…

 

“Dara dear, I have known his friends for a long time now. Trust me when I saw they don’t make him happy as much you make him” she said with a faint smile. “Before I leave, I want to make sure that my son will be with somebody that he truly cares for…”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked confusedly. Before Jihye can even continued on with her sentence, Seunghyun finally returns with bag full of foods.

 

“I’m back” he said happily, as he placed down the food in front of us. “What did I miss?”

 

“Nothing dear, Dara and I are just having girl talk” she said, with a smile. “Isn’t that right Dara?”

 

I nodded in agreement. Seunghyun smiled at me before he catered his mother. He opened the bag, and the strong aroma of the food immediately welcomed me. It didn’t surprised me that Seunghyun didn’t buy food from a fast food food-chain, he had probably asked a chef from some high end restaurant to prepare the meal. After he was done with his mother, he then began to help me by putting food on my plate. I looked at Jiyhe and noticed that she was watching us in amusement.

 

I looked at Seunghyun and our eyes immediately met. I immediately blushed and looked away, making Jihye laugh and Seunghyun chuckle.

 

Choi Seunghyun…

 

Is this annoying brat really in love with me?

 

~~~

 

lol…

I have been very bad.

Basically I had this chapter done halfway for more than two months now

And I had just decided to finish it today.

Talk about being lazy huh?

Hehe…

anyway, thank you to all of you had subscribed and stayed to be a subscriber even though i was gone for 3 months.

it means a lot <33 

See you guys all later

xx