Wicked Games || OO1

Wicked Games

 

Sandara

 

I finished folding the table napkins, swept the floors and wipe down all the tables. Looking at my watch, I sighed when I realized it’s already quarter past twelve. This time yesterday I was already asleep, comfortable and relaxed.

On top of doing overtime, my feet are killing me from wearing these damn heels. I am not the one to wear these death traps, but my job require them seeing it's part of the uniform. Something about looking sophisticated and classy. How I hadn’t sprained and break my ankle was beyond me. Everybody knows I have two left feet.

“Busy night huh?” Minzy asks as she began helping to set up the tables.  

 I snorted as I shook my head. “Tell me about it. I thought people wouldn’t stop coming. I was beginning to get worried.”

Minzy and I work at Eclipse. A restaurant slash club owned by non other than the Kwon family. Almost every successful business in Korea is either owned or co-owned by them. Making their family the richest one, not only in Seoul but also in the world.

“Me too. But at least I have a day off tomorrow” she exclaims, with a large smile on her face. “I cannot wait to spend the day in bed, watching t.v”

I pouted in jealousy. “I wish. I start at three tomorrow until closing”

Waiting tables was not my chosen profession. In fact, I graduated on top of my class in education. Too bad Seoul doesn’t have a place for a newbie like me. I applied everywhere, but everyone is looking for something that I don’t have; experience.

How the hell am I supposed to have an experience if they do not give me a chance.

That’s why I am forever in dept with Minzy. Because I without her, I wouldn’t have gotten this job. As much as I complain, I need this job to survive. This is the one that helps me pay the bills, and put a roof over my head.

I stayed another extra hour before I was able to go home. 

Ah...how I miss my bed.

***

I was dreading to come to work the next day. Plus my bruised feet cannot take anymore pain. Why couldn’t I be born in a rich family?

“Sandara! There you are” Eun Jung, my manager calls as she came through the door and spotted me. “I need somebody to cover the private room”

I looked at her confusedly. For the past two years I have been working at Eclipse, I have never once served at the private room. “And you want that person to be me?” 

Eun Jung gave me a pointed look. Now that I think about it, I sounded and probably looked stupid too.  Why would she come over here and  tell me she needed somebody to cover the private room.  

Mentally, I slapped my face, and shook my head. “I mean, yeah. I’ll cover the private room tonight”

She gave me a dirty look before exiting the staff room. Sighing quietly, I began my way to the private area.

Eclipse is not a restaurant for everyday meal. First of all, the food here is way too expensive and over priced. One meal will cost no lesser than 35,000 kwon. When I found that out, my eyes almost popped out of my head.

“I need you to be on your best tonight” Eun Jung, says with no signs of slowing down. I feel like the only way to catch up with her is to remove my heels and run after her. “Your customer is a very important person here. Kwon Jiyong”

Kwon Jiyong.

The only son and future CEO of Kwon Enterprise, and their businesses.

…that and my future boss.

“I’m sure you’re familiar with him, right Dara?” Eun Jung asks. Without a word, I nodded my head.

Kwon Jiyong was not the man whom I’ve expected. Sure I know he will be dressed to the nines, but I didn’t expect him to be that good  looking and be able take my breath away. His hair color choice is a bit unusual, but his face structure makes up for it. Although the thing that capture my attention was his eyes. They were the deepest brown eyes I have seen in my entire life. Meanwhile, his date looked like she just came out of a photoshoot or a Vogue magazine.

I shook my head. Here goes nothing. I thought to myself, fingers crossed. 

“annyeonghaseyo” I greeted them with a smile. The girl gave me look over and returned her attention to him. Meanwhile, Mr. Kwon smirked at me. His eyes lingered at me longer than I expected. His date probably noticed it too because she looked like she wanted to claw my face.  I cleared my throat, breaking Mr. Kwon's trance. He only smirked, not  bothered that he was caught looking at other women while he is on a date. 

  “My name is Dara Park and I'll be your server for the night" I said with a polite smile. "Can I start you guys with a drink?”

“Give us your most expensive wine” Mr. Kwon responded winking over at his date. “I only want the best for the best” 

I nodded. “Araso. Anything else?"

"Nope" Mr. Kwon answered with a smirk. I wonder if that smirking is forced painted in his face. Rolling my eyes, I walked away to fetch their wine. 

Before leaving though, I saw Mr. Kwon began feasting on her neck. Meanwhile his date was just giggling like a hyena the whole time. I wouldn’t be surprised if I came back and they were having on the table.

Aish… people these days.

I went at back at the building, where our wines are stocked. Looking over I grabbed a bottle Henri Jayer Richebourg Crand Cru. The most expensive brand we carry.

Turning around, I almost had an heart attack.

And even worst, I almost drop the bottle on the ground.

Keyword: almost.

Because behind me; holding the wine bottle in his hand, is none other than Kwon Jiyong. 

 

hello :D

thank you guys for all the suscribes and comments. 

it means a lot. 

hope you all enjoy this little chapter. 

see you all tomorrow. 

xx