*Episode 18

High school Life [EDITING]

*Zelo POV *

 

A picnic.

A freaking picnic.

I can’t believe I get to go on a picnic with Sherry. I can’t believe I get to spend quality time, alone, with the girl I like.

As soon as I ended the phone call, I did a little dance around my room before quickly checking my outfit and running out the door to get to Sherry’s as fast as possible.

When I got there I contemplated whether to ring the door bell or knock, and just as I was about to ring the bell, she opened the door.

“Hey.” She greeted with a slight smile. “Come in.”

“So,” I started as we walked towards the kitchen. “Where are your parents?”

“Overseas.” She said. “It’s all work stuff, so they left this morning.”

“Oh, how long are they gone for?” I asked.

“Who knows?” She chuckled. “There’s never really a certain amount of time. Like sometimes it’s a week, other times it’s a month. Sometimes they can be gone for up to 6 months.”

“And you’re not scared to be alone in this giant house for that long?” I queried.

“Nah.” She giggled. “I have Bruno.” She looked behind me and waved, and when I turned around to see who she was waving to, there was a really tall, really buff guy standing by the kitchen door in a suit. It looked like he was going to completely ignore her but instead; he raised his hand and waved back at her with a smile. “Bruno’s been around for like my entire life. Flaming homoual but I love him to pieces. He’s helped me pick out my outfits multiple times.”

“Ah I see.” I said as I slightly bowed to him and he smiled in return.

“Can you cut the cucumber?” She asked me.

“Um,” I mumbled as I rubbed the back of my neck. “Can you show me?”

“Sure.” She said with a smile and proceeded to show me what to do. I zoned out, watching her work, thinking about how pretty she is when she clicked her fingers in my face.

“Hey!” She raised her voice. “Focus.”

“Sorry.” I apologised and continued cutting the cucumber.

When we finished making the food, she excused herself to get changed while I carried the basket by the front door and stood to wait for her. When she walked down the stairs, I smiled at her.

“Ready?” I asked.

“Ready.” She said with a nod. She quickly found her keys and we headed off to the park.

When we got to the park, we laid out the blanket on the grass and sat on top of it. She started to unpack the basket when I spoke.

“Do you ever wear girly clothes?” I asked, looking at her choice of jeans and a jumper.

“I actually love wearing dresses and skirts.” She chuckled.

“You really don’t seem like it.” I commented.

“Why?” She asked.

“Why do I think you don’t like girly clothes? Or why did I even bring the topic up?” I asked.

“Why did you bring the topic up?” She giggled.

“I don’t know, I just think you’d look really beautiful in a dress.” I said, blushing, and making her blush in return.

“Here, have a sandwich.” She quickly shoved a sandwich in my hand and I chuckled at her attempt to change the topic quickly. We both took a bite of our sandwiches and nodded at each other in approval.

I noticed Sherry looking in the distance, and when I looked over, she was watching a young couple.

“Do you miss Yuri?” She asked.

“Well.” I said with hesitance. I glanced at her face and saw a disappointment flash on her face for a split second. “Nah, not really.”

“You were together for a while,” She started. “It would be understandable if you did.” Not wanting to talk about Yuri, I quickly pointed up at a cloud, making her look too. When she looked up, I quickly poked the tip of her nose and made a ‘boop’ sound before running away.

“Hey!” She yelled and jumped up, starting to chase me. We were running around, laughing when she finally caught up to me. She grabbed onto my jumper making me stop as she came colliding with me. As we were falling, I quickly turned around so that my back would hit the ground instead of my face. Unfortunately, this meant that Sherry landed on top of me.

I looked up at Sherry at the same time as she looked at me. Our eyes locked and a blush quickly spread over both our faces. Her eyes darted between my eyes and lips, and she slowly started to lean closer.

I had just started to close my eyes when I felt Sherry’s weight disappear from on top of me and when I opened my eyes I saw Yuri, standing above me and Sherry pushed to the ground besides me.

“What the Yuri?!” I shouted.

I quickly stood up and helped Sherry up, but as soon as I turned back to Yuri, she raced forward and pushed Sherry to the ground again. I heard a quiet ‘ouch’ come from Sherry and when I looked, I noticed that she had scraped all the skin on her shin and blood dripping down her leg.

“Oh my god,” I exclaimed. “Are you okay?”

“It serves you right, .” Yuri smirked as she crossed her arms.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I snarled.

“Why!?” Yuri screamed. “Why are you defending her!?”

“She’s my friend.” I said.

“I can’t stand seeing you around this .” Yuri sneered.

“Don’t you dare talk about her like that.” I snarled.

“So I was right?” Yuri scoffed. “We broke up because of her, didn’t we?”

“I wasn’t even friends with her when we broke up!” I yelled in frustration.

“Then why?!” She yelled back. “Why did you break up with me?!”

“Because I don’t love you anymore.” I explained. Yuri burst out crying and ran away.

I sighed deeply for a moment before turning back to Sherry and helping her up.

“Are you okay?” I asked her as we stood up.

“My leg is killing me.” She complained.

“Come on, we’ll go to the clinic.” I suggested but she shook her head.

“Nah, it’s okay.” She declined. “I’ll have one of the house keepers patch me up.”

“Only if you’re sure.” I said.

“I’m sure.” She insisted.

We walked back to her house with my arm around her waist and her arm around my neck to help her walk. We didn’t make it very far before she winced and I sighed, coming to a stop. I held out the basket for her to hold and when she did, she looked up at me in confusion. I quickly bent down and picked her up, bridal style.

“Zelo!” She yelled. “What are you doing? Put me down?”

“No. You’re clearly in pain, we’re not that far from your house, and it’s nearly dark so no one will see, okay?” I said and she just sighed. “You just make sure you don’t drop the basket.”

When we got back to her house, I gently placed her down at the front door. I thanked her for the picnic and said goodbye and left.


Edited: 16th of September, 2015