*Episode 17

High school Life [EDITING]

*Himchan POV*

 

I woke up a little earlier today because Yongguk and Youngjae wanted to go to the café. I’m really not sure why. I mean, they’re not really into coffee, but hey, I’m not going to turn down the invite. I love coffee.

After we’d arrived, we ordered our drinks and found a little table to sit at. I was playing with the straw in my drink when I started to think back to the phone call with Zelo last night. He said he was at home doing homework, but I could’ve sworn I heard a girl giggling.

I frowned, trying to think of who the person giggling could have been when Yongguk put his hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“You okay man?” He asked.

“Yeah, yeah.” I said. “I’m fine.”

“Bull.” Yongguk said. “You at lying, Himchan. Now spill. What’s on your mind?”

I reluctantly sighed before I spoke.

“I’m just wondering where Zelo went yesterday.” I told them.

“Why?” Yongguk asked, frowning in confusion.

“Well, I called him to ask him if he wanted to come over, and when he said he couldn’t because he was doing homework, I swear I heard a girl giggling in the background.” I explained.

“Huh. That is odd.” Youngjae said, tapping his chin.

“Who could it be?” I asked them.

“How the hell would I know?” Yongguk said, raising an eyebrow.

“You’re right, you’re right.” I said with a sigh as they changed the topic.

 

*Sherry POV*

I had just pulled out my book to start reading when my phone rang. I looked down at the number and frowned when I realised that I don’t recognise the number. I contemplated not answering, but curiosity got the better of me as I pressed the answer button and brought the phone up to my ear.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hey Sherry, it’s me.” The voice said.

“Zelo?” I questioned.

“Yep.” He said, making a really loud pop noise on the ‘p’.

“How did you get my number?” I asked.

“Yongguk hyung.” He said.

“So what do you want?” I asked with a sigh.

“Nothing. I was just wondering what you’re doing.” He said with a slight chuckle.

“I’m reading.” I replied.

“Ooooh whatcha reading?” He asked.

“A Study in Scarlet.” I answered as I ran my hand over the cover of the book.

“Why aren’t you hanging out with Hana?” He queried.

“She’s doing something with Daehyun and Jongup.” I said. “What about you?”

“Well, I’m talking to you.” He said, trying to be funny.

“Oh hardy-har.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Nah, I’m just watching TV but there’s nothing on and I’m so booooorrrrreeeedddd.” He whined.

“Hangout with the other guys then.” I suggested.

“They’re already doing stuff, so I’m all alone.” Zelo said dejectedly and I could almost hear him pouting.

“Do you want to hang out then?” I offered.

“If that’s okay with you.” He said.

“Sure, want to come to over?” I asked.

“What are we going to do?” He asked.

“Homework.” I said, trying not to laugh when he whined in response. “Homework’s the best thing to do when there’s nothing to do.”

“Can we please not do homework?” He almost begged.

“Fine, how about a picnic?” I suggested.

“I love picnics! Let’s do it. I’ll come over and help you make some food, okay?”

“Sure.” I said and hung up the phone. I walked downstairs to sit in the lounge room to wait for him.


Edited: 16th of September, 2015