*Episode 15

High school Life [EDITING]

*Sherry POV*

 

As Zelo and I arrived at the canteen, I watched as he pulled out his phone, typed a message, and put his phone back in his pocket. For a second or two, I wondered who he was texting, but then I looked up and saw Yongguk look at his phone and then up at Zelo, furrowing his eyebrows. I’ll admit, I was a little curious to know what it was about. I mean, they’re in the same room, so it must be pretty secretive.

“Hey hyung.” Zelo called to Yongguk.

“What’s up?” Yongguk replied.

“Want to hang out after school?” Zelo asked.

“Sure,” He said. “Just us?”

“You’ll see.” Zelo said and Yongguk nodded in response as we sat down.

“Hey Sherry.” Himchan hollered from the other side of the table.

“What’s up?” I replied.

“Do you want to hang out sometime?” He asked.

“When?”

“I don’t know. After school?” He asked.

“Um.” I said and my eyes darted over to Zelo quickly before I looked at Himchan again. “Sorry oppa. I’m busy today, maybe another time.”

“Did you just call me oppa?” He asked while a smile grew on his face.

“I can, can’t I?” I questioned, to which he responded with an even bigger smile while quickly nodding his head over and over again.

 

***

 

After school, Hana dropped me off at home. I entered the front door, yelling out ‘I’m home!” to my parents before running upstairs to get changed.

I opened my closet and glanced over everything before deciding on a black tank top, a loose, knitted grey jumper, purple skinny jeans and a pair of black ankle boots with a 2-inch heel. I stared in the mirror, eying my outfit choice, I nodded once and sat on my bed, looking through my social media while I waited for Zelo and Yongguk.

When I got the message from Zelo saying that they were outside, I hurried downstairs.

“You’re going out again?” Mom called out quickly, making me stop just as id reached the front door.

“Yep.” I said with a smile as I made a pop sound on the ‘p’.

“Who with?” She asked.

“Yongguk and Zelo.” I replied.

“But I thought you hated them.” She said, almost sounding like a question.

“I’ve decided that they actually might not be that bad.” I said quietly. “They’re already here, so I’m going to go now.”

“Okay sweetie.” Mom kissed my cheek as a goodbye. “You have fun now, wont you?”

“Yes Mom.” I said, rolling my eyes before leaving the house. I casually walked up to the car, noticing that Yongguk and Zelo had both exited the vehicle and were leaning against the side, talking.

“Hey guys.” I greeted.

“Hey.” They chorused.

“You look cute.” Zelo said with a smile.

“Thanks.” I replied, feeling a blush rising to my cheeks. “You don’t look so bad yourself.”

“I hope you guys realise that I’m here.” Yongguk chuckled, and I watched as he gently pushed Zelo’s shoulder, making Zelo laugh.

“So, where are we off to?” Yongguk asked.

“I’m not sure, the mall?” Zelo suggested, and we agreed.

 

*Zelo POV*

We aimlessly walked around the mall, going into shop after shop when Sherry let out a slight squeal, followed by an ‘Oh my God.’ I looked over and noticed that she’d seen a top she liked, and when she looked at the price tag, she asked if we could come to the counter to pay for it with her.

When the worker told Sherry that it was time to pay, I quickly pulled out enough cash.

“I’ll pay.” I said as I handed the money to the worker.

“Thanks, but I can pay for it myself.” Sherry replied.

“I know you can.” I said. “But just let me pay.”

“Why?” She asked.

“Let’s say it’s a thank-you for helping me with the math problems today.” I said with a smile.

“Okay, well thank-you for saving me money.” She said, smiling back at me. Ah that beautiful smile, and it’s all for me.

When I realised what I was thinking about, I blushed.

Yongguk cleared his throat, making us look at him.

“Well, I’m hungry.” He stated. “So when you guys are done shopping, meet me in the food court, yeah?” Yongguk said as he waved and walked away.

“So,” Sherry began. “Where to next?”

I looked around for a moment before spotting a shop.

“There.” I said and pointed to the shop.

“The Teddy-Bear Shop?” Sherry said, giggling.

“Hey.” I said defensively. “What’s wrong with a guy liking teddies?”

“Nothing, nothing.” She said. “You’re so cute.” She said pinching my cheek. I immediately blushed.

“W-What?” I stuttered.

“Oh, um.” She said as she quickly withdrew her hand from my face. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I smiled.

“So,” She said. “Do you really want to go to The Teddy-Bear Shop?”

“Nah, it’s okay.” I replied. “Yongguk’s probably waiting for us. We should get going.” I said as we headed towards the food court.


Edited: 13th of September, 2015