*Episode 16

High school Life [EDITING]

*Sherry POV*

 

Zelo and I made our way towards the food court in silence. Ugh. Why did I have to pinch his cheek? Why!? Zelo blushed when I did though. I wonder why. I mean, he was probably just really embarrassed, right?

“You guys took your sweet time.” Yongguk said when we arrived.

“Sorry Yongguk.” I apologised.

“Is it really that hard to call me ‘oppa’?” He asked.

“Hey, I’m trying, okay?” I replied and he just laughed.

“What do you want to eat Sherry?” Zelo asked.

“Oh,” Yongguk said before I could say anything. “So you aren’t interested in what I want to eat?”

“Haven’t you already eaten hyung?” Zelo asked.

“No.” Yongguk answered. “I was being polite and waiting for you.”

“Oh, well thanks.” Zelo said. “So what shall we eat?”

“It’s all good, you guys decide.” Yongguk said. “I’m full anyway.”

“But you just said you haven’t eaten yet.” Zelo said, just as confused as I was.

“Well,” Yongguk started. “I may have lied. I was hungry, okay? And you guys were taking way too long.”

“It’s okay oppa, that just means you’ll have to wait with us while we eat.” I said with a laugh.

“So, what shall we eat, Sherry?” Zelo asked me.

“I think I feel like-” I paused to look around at the shops. “Fried rice.” I said, pointing to a shop on the other side of the food court.

“Fried rice it is then.” Zelo said as he walked off towards the shop.

“Well, I’ll be damned.” Yongguk muttered under his breath. I don’t think he expected me to hear it, but I did.

“So, why did I have to be here?” Yongguk asked.

“Because I wanted you here.” I replied.

“But why?” He persisted.

“Because it would be so awkward, just me and Zelo.” I told him truthfully. “But when you’re here, I feel like I can speak to him without it being awkward.”

“Really?” He asked and I nodded. “Why?”

“Because of the whole ‘I-used-to-hate-you-guys’ thing. Remember?” I said and quickly found a table near-by as because Zelo was already on his way back with our food.

***

When we finished eating, we headed home. We dropped Yongguk off first because his house was on the way, which ended in a slightly awkward silence for the journey home.

“Do you want to stop anywhere on the way?” Zelo asked, turning his head to look at me for a split second before returning his eyes back to the road ahead.

“Like where?” I asked.

“I don’t know, like stop and go for a walk in the park?” He suggested.

“It’s up to you.” I shrugged.

“I feel like I need to go for a walk.” He said. “I think we could do with some fresh air, we’ve been inside all day. Plus you can see the stars walking through the park at night. It’s pretty.”

“Okay, sure.” I said. I’m a er for looking at the starry, night sky.

 

*Zelo POV*

While walking through the park, we came across a bench with the perfect view of the night sky.

“Woah.” Sherry exclaimed. “It’s so beautiful.”

‘You’re so much more beautiful.’ I thought to myself with a sigh.

“Yeah, beautiful.” I said with a sigh.

“One, two, three, four, five…” Sherry counted the stars quietly to herself. I loved the expression on her face. Big wide eyes looking up to the sky with so much wonder.

“Hey.” She said, snapping me out of my daze. I hadn’t even realised she’d stopped counting.

“What?” I said and she giggled. She freaking giggled. And I chuckled in return.

It was at that moment I noticed just how close we were. Our laughs slowly died out and we just stared at each other. We slowly started leaning in towards each other, her eyes closing first but only a split second before my own did.

I could feel her shaky breath ghost over my lips, and our lips slightly brushed when an obnoxiously loud ringtone caused us to jump apart.

I feverously blushed when I realised what had just happened. And what had almost just happened.

I coughed slightly, clearing my throat before answering my phone.

“Hey hyung.” I greeted.

“Zeeeeeellllllooooooooo.” Himchan whined.

“What do you want?” I grumbled at him.

“Nothing, I’m just bored.” He replied.

“Go play the PlayStation, or the Xbox, or something.” I suggested.

“I don’t want to play alone.” He whined again. “So, where are you? What are you doing?”

“I’m-” I paused and glanced at Sherry. “I’m just doing some homework.” I lied and Sherry giggled.

“Was that a giggle I heard?” Himchan asked. “And it sounded awfully feminine.”

“You must be hearing things hyung.” I said. “I’m all by myself, doing homework.”

“You sure?” He asked.

“Yep.” I replied.

“Well,” He said with a sigh. “I guess I’ll bother Daehyun next. Bye.”

“Bye hyung.” I said and hung up.

“So why’d you lie?” Sherry asked.

“I don’t want him to be jealous.” I said. “He did ask you to hang out with him remember?”

“Oh right.” She laughed.

“Okay, come on.” I said as I stood up. “I should probably take you home, it’s getting late.”

“Sure.” She said. We got back in the car and I drove to her house. I parked out the front and watched as she walked up to her house. She paused when she reached the door, turning around to look back at me and waved with a smile. I beeped the horn shortly, twice, and drove off.

Tonight has been a great night.

 

*Sherry POV*

I quietly made my way into the house and up the stairs to my room, making sure not to wake my parents.

When I got to my room, I flopped on my back on my bed and sighed in content, with a smile. I think I’ve finally realised something.

I’ve finally realised that I might have feelings that aren’t of hatred towards a boy named Junhong.


Edited: 13th of September, 2015