*Episode 14

High school Life [EDITING]

*Sherry POV*

 

When we got to class, our teacher, Mr Park, had decided that he had re-arranged the seating charts and pointed to the board where he had drawn a map of the class and written our names on little squares representing the tables. When I finally found my name, I realised that I was now sitting in the back corner; well I was sitting next to whoever was in the actual corner, but still good enough for me.

My desk-mate was Kim Taeyang, a boy I had never spoken to. He seemed to be pretty quiet, but he’s always smiling so he can’t be too bad. Hana was directly in front of me, Zelo was her desk-mate and on the other side of Hana was Yuri.

We were listening to what Mr Park wanted us to do for the lesson when a crumpled up ball of paper landed on my desk. I frowned looking up to see that Yuri had sent it and was glaring at me.

I unravelled the ball to reveal a note saying ‘It’s all your fault. I’ll get you one day, .’ I scoffed and rolled my eyes before spotting a rubbish bin close by. I squinted my eyes and poked my tongue out as I aimed for the bin and threw it, making it bounce off the edge before landing inside the bin. I mentally cheered a ‘GOAL!’ for myself before returning to my school work.

“Excuse me, Sherry?” Taeyang asked as he tapped my arm.

“Hi,” I smiled. “What’s up?”

“Um, could you help me with this problem?” He asked, pointing to a question I had finished already.

“Sure.” I said and started to show him how to find the answer.

“Hey Sherry.” Zelo called, wanting my attention.

“What?” I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Help me.” He requested. “I don’t know how to do this one.”

“Really Zelo?” I said after looking at the question he wanted help with.

“Hey, don’t be so judgemental.” He frowned. “Just because you’ve already done it, doesn’t mean you get to be mean to those who haven’t.”

“Zelo, I’d be embarrassed for you if you don’t know what 30x2 is.” I told him, and watched as his face reddened. I know what game he’s playing. He’s always done well at math, so I know he’s just playing stupid.

“I didn’t mean that question.” He tried to tell me. “I meant this one.”

“Zelo, I’m helping Taeyang.” I said. “Ask Hana for help.”

“It’s okay Sherry, I understand what to do now. Thank-you.”  Taeyang smiled at me. “You can help him now.”

“See? He doesn’t need help anymore.”  Zelo said. “So help me.”

“Ugh. Fine.” I sighed.

 

*Zelo POV*

I grinned and quickly grabbed my book and walked behind Sherry’s desk, placing my book on the desk so that she could explain what to do. Already knowing what to do (I mean, these problems weren’t very hard. Come on? 30x2 is ridiculously easy ), I stared at Sherry’s face. The face she made while concentrating was utterly adorable. The way her eyes dart from number to number, the tip of her tongue sticking out from her lips when she had stopped speaking to write a number, it was all adorable.

I decided in that moment that I had to ask her out.

Unconsciously, I began to smile.  

“I see that smile Zelo.” Hana said with a giggle. Damn it. “What were you thinking ‘bout?”

“Nothing.” I replied quickly as my cheeks reddened, making her giggle again. At this point Sherry looked up and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Keep going, I still need help.” I said. She sighed and with a shake of her head, she continued teaching me.

 

***

 

The bell finally rang for recess.

“Hana,” Sherry called. “Don’t wait for me.”

“You’re not eating?” Hana asked.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes, I just want to finish up these last few questions.” Sherry quickly explained.

“Okay, I’ll save you a seat.” Hana said before heading off to find Daehyun. I waited for a her to start packing up her things before speaking.

“Hey, Sherry?” I called as I spun around to face her.

“What?” She asked.

“Um, are you free after school?” I said while scratching my neck.

“Why?”

“Well, I was wondering if you wanted to do something.” I said.

“Is Yongguk going to be there?” She asked and I mentally sighed.

“I don’t know.” I said. “I’ll ask him.”

“If Yongguk’s going to be there, then sure.” She said. I muttered ‘damn it’ under my breath as we headed off towards the canteen.


Edited: 13th of September, 2015