*Episode 4

High school Life [EDITING]

*Sherry POV*

While waiting for Hana, I finish reading my book. You’ve heard of Sherlock Holmes right? Well, I love detective novels. They make me think, make me use my brain. Honestly I love anything that makes me think. Not long after I finish reading, I hear the door bell ring. I know its Hana because she messaged me as she left school so I knew she wasn’t far away.

I leave my room and head down stairs, but instead of going to the front door, I go to the kitchen to get a drink. Mom is home, and she has this weird love for answering the door, so we let her do it whenever possible. As I’m pouring my drink I can hear Mom’s muffled voice.

 

*Hana POV*

“Hello, Hana dear!” Mrs Kim said with a cheery voice.

“Hey Mommy Kim!” I said with a giggle.

“Who’s this? Sherry didn’t tell me you were bringing someone.” Mrs Kim says.

“Oh yeah, how could I forget,” I said as I reached back and grabbed Daehyun’s hand. “This is Dae-”

“You’re boyfriend, right?” She asked with a smile, making me blush. I tried to deny it, but she ignored me. “He’s so handsome!”

“Mommy Kim, this is Daehyun.” I said as I slightly pulled him forward. “He’s 2 years above us, so I don’t think you’ve seen him before.”

“Hello.” Daehyun said with a bow.

“Come in, come in.” Mrs Kim said, pointing towards the lounge room so she could shut the door behind us.

“Where’s Sherry?” I asked.

“I think I saw her head into the kitchen, why don’t you go surprise her?” Mrs Kim suggested.

“I will.” I said with a big smile. “Oppa, could you just wait in here for a moment?” I asked Daehyun.

“Sure.” He said with a smile. I saw him sit down as I walked towards the kitchen as quietly as possible, hoping to surprise Sherry.

 

*Sherry POV*

I know Hana. She tries to do this every time, and because she does this every time, she never manages to surprise me. I slightly turn towards the door, just enough to see the edge of Hana’s hair sticking out from the door frame.

“Yes Hana, can I help you with something?” I said with a smile as I take a sip of water.

“Just once. Can’t you pretend just once that you didn’t know I was there?” Hana said with a pout.

“Nope. Nice try though. You almost got me, but I saw your hair.” I said.

“Aw.” She pouts again, but it’s not long before she’s smiling and giving me a hug.

“So, how was school?” I asked. “Was there any homework?”

“School was…school?” She said with a giggle. “And nope, no homework.”

“Okay, at least I didn’t miss out on much.” I said as I finished my drink.

“Actaully…” Hana hesitated.

“What?” I asked.

“I brought someone here.” She said nervously.

“You brought someone? Who?” I asked, curious as to who she could have brought.

“Please don’t hate me.” She said quietly, almost making it sound like a question.

“Hana, as if I could hate you.” I said.

“Pinky promise?” She asked, holding her pinky finger up.

“Pinky promise.” I said with a smile and a nod, while linking our pinkies together, before heading to the lounge room. I was still really curious as to who Hana had brought with her, when I noticed Daehyun sitting on my couch. He quickly stood up, coming to stand in front of me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, raising my eyebrows and folding my arms across my chest.

“You don’t know him?” My mom looked confused as she asked me.

“I know him.” I said. “I don’t like him, but I know him.”

Hana pulls an apologetic face when I glare at her, whereas Mom just looks at me even more confused, making me sigh.

“He’s part of the group I hate, Mom.” I explain.

“Oh? But he seems so nice!” Mom said with a smile. Daehyun smiled back at her, causing me to roll my eyes.

“Whatever. At least you didn’t bring the other one.” I said, refusing to say Zelo’s name out loud.

“You know I wouldn’t dare!” Hana exclaims.

“Did you two eat lunch?” Mom asks Hana and Daehyun, both of them shaking their heads.

“Well, come on then, let’s get you guys some food then.” Mom said with a smile as she drags them towards the dining room, before disappearing into the kitchen to get them food.

After they finish eating, Daehyun offers to help Mom clear the dishes away, Mom declines, as always, before taking the dirty dishes into the kitchen to wash up later.

“Thank-you for the food. It was delicious.” Daehyun said to Mom when she came back in.

“You’re more than welcome!” Mom said with a smile. “You’re welcome here any time.”

“No!” I quickly say.

“Kim Sherry. Respect your guest please.” Mom said.

“But he’s one of them!” I said back to her.

“Get rid of that attitude, Kim Sherry.” Mom said with a frown. “That is not how we raised you.”

“I’m sorry.” I said with a sigh.

“So you should be.” She said before leaving to wash the dishes.

“Daehyun and I are leaving now Mommy Kim. Thank-you so much for lunch, it was delicious!” Hana said, just before Mom left the room.

“You’re more than welcome.” Mom smiles. “Take care of yourselves.”

When Hana stands up, Daehyun and I follow and head towards the front door.

“See you tomorrow?” I ask Hana when we get to the front door.

“Maybe.” She said, hugging me. After we broke apart, she linked her hand with Daehyun.

“You take care of her, or you’ll be dead.” I say as I glare at Daehyun.

“Don’t worry, I will.” He said. “Come on Hana, we don’t want to be late for the movie.” Hana nods at Daehyun and waves at me.

“Bye Sherry!” She calls when she’s almost out of sight.

 

*Hana POV*

Daehyun was walking me home. The movie was great. It was a real mix of genres. There were some happy bits, some sad. Some filled with action, and others filled with romance. It was perfect really. We had just reached my house when I pulled his hand to make him stop.

“Thank-you for today, oppa.” I said with a big smile.

“Ah, it’s not such a big deal.” He said back with a big smile too. “I like spending time with you.” This made me blush and look down, making Daehyun chuckle to himself. His hand rose slowly until it lightly grabbed my chin, making me look up at him. I never noticed just how much shorter I am than him.

“So.” He said, pausing to take a breath. “I know we really don’t know each other that well, and today is the first time we’ve really done anything together, but I just can’t keep it in anymore. So listen carefully, okay?”

I nodded, not really knowing what else to do.

“The truth is, ever since the first day you came to our school, I’ve been crazy about you.” He said, making me giggle.

“Really?” I asked.

“Really.” He said.

“Believe it or not, from the first day I started here, I couldn’t stop looking at you.” I admitted. His eyes widened slightly, but then they relaxed and a massive smile came on his face.

“Well, what I wanted to ask you was,” He paused, moving both his hands to my cheeks and tilting my head up to make sure he could look me right in the eyes. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“I have been waiting for you to ask me that all day.” I beamed at him.

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ then?” He asked.

“Yes! Yes! A million times yes!” I said while laughing. He rubbed his thumbs over my cheeks, and started to lean in. His lips met mine, as he gave me the softest, sweetest kiss ever.

“I think I might love you.” He said, as he pulled out of the kiss and rested his forehead on mine.

“I think I might love you too.” I said back.

“Good night, Hana.” He said.

“Good night, oppa.” I replied. He gave me a kiss on my cheek before nudging me to go inside.


Edited: 6th of August, 2015