Chapter Twenty Six

Tears of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty Six

 

[Luhan’s POV]

It’s been a week had passed since Michaelangelo talk to us in the coffee shop. It bothers me so much that I don’t know how I will move around with Joohyun 24/7. “What do you think of Seohyun?” Michaelangelo asked me out of the blue.

“She’s pretty.” I answered as I looked away from the view. I saw Michelangelo’s face which is totally unreadable. “Stop acting like a teenage boy Luhan.”

I rolled my eyes. Whenever I remember Michaelangelo it reminds me that once I finished this mission. Well, if I can survive the second and third attack. I would be bringing a hammer to him and smack it in his head.

“Something’s bothering you?” Seohyun asked as she stops eating for awhile.

“Huh?”

“’Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah,” I replied taking a sip of my pineapple juice.

She shrugs at me and she continues eating once again. I stare at her for a moment, and I looked away. Michaelangelo told me to stop this, stop this weird feeling. That irregular heartbeat inside my half-human, half angel body is the worst feeling ever, yet the best feeling. Worst because I’m afraid that my heart will jump out of my chest and it’s the best because I feel good all the time.

 “You should really stop what is running inside you. I am warning you.” He added.

“I’m trying.” I said. “But I don’t know if I can still control what my heart says.”

“You fall in love with a human too, Michelangelo, if I am not mistaken.” I changed the topic.

“Yes. I am and it is really a wrong decision that’s why I am warning you.”

“What did you do?”

“I used as spell to erase both of our memories but it turned out that it doesn’t have an effect on me.” He says. “She died twelve years ago.”

“Did she get married?”

“She did.”

“It broke your heart?”

“Yes, but I am happy that she have a better life than mine.”

How if I just accept the punishment of the heavens for breaking the law of the angels? I never heard any angels falling in love with a human or any beings. Or maybe they did fall in love but never have the courage to speak up to Michaelangelo.

“Yes. I am and it is really a wrong decision that’s why I am warning you.”

Did Michaelangelo have that courage to stand up for the human being?

“Yah.” Seohyun cut my thoughts off. “Is something wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong.” I push my glass away from me and lean back on the chair. She frowns at me and she knows that I am lying. I stare at her blankly as I wait for her reply.

“You’re weird.” She just let me go of my lies.

‘My heart is the weird one.’ I almost mutter it in front of her. “You know angels are weird.” I stand up and motioning Seohyun to follow me.

As we step out of the cafeteria, we came to Directress Yoona on her typical librarian outfit, she seems to be annoyed a moment ago but her face brighten upon seeing us.

“Come with me.” She said in a flat bossy tone, not giving justice to her bright expression. I looked at Seohyun who is looking back at me too. I shrug at her and catch up with the directress.

 

We enter the music room which is the only room that can’t be used for teaching, that’s what Seohyun whispered as we step inside the room. “This is weird; I thought students are not allowed here.” She whispered once again and I just give her a shrug.

“So, Luhan I heard you play piano and Seohyun obviously have a good voice.” Yoona take a sit in one of the chairs. “I want you the both of you to be the front act for your upcoming SATs.”

“Just the two of us?”

“With Sungjae.” She answered right away. “He’ll play violin.”

“But, why did you choose us?” Seohyun asked.

“Nobody passed the audition and I heard things about the two of you. Well, for Sungjae, it’s his grandfather who requested.”

KNOCK. KNOCK.

“Ms. Yoona…” a guy in Yoona’s age peep out of the room and his smile is playful. I looked back at Yoona whose face just turned into soured one. “What are you doing here?!” She raised her voice at the guy who just peeped of the door.

“Teacher Ahn told me to bring this folder to you.”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Bring that to my office.”

“But Teacher Ahn told me that this is urgent.”

“Can’t you see that I have a meeting?”

“With the students?” He frowned a bit. “I don’t know—“

“GIVE ME THAT DAMN FOLDER AND GO AWAY!” She shouted at the guy. The guy seemed to be not afraid of the directress and walk inside the room coolly. He smiled at her and handed the folder to her. Yoona snatch the folder and sig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter