Betrayed

Clueless Hubby Kevin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment she slammed the car door, Kevin knew something bad happened to his eldest daughter. The song playing on the radio changed to a sad ballad and her tears began to roll down her cheeks. 

"What's wrong Dee Na? Hmm?" He reached over and grabbed her wet hand in his, keeping his left hand on the wheel. 

He heard her sniffle and she pulled her hand away to wipe at her eyes. 

"Nothing" she replied. The rest of the ride was completey silent other than her sniffles, he had given up trying to find out what made her cry the minute she replied. He feared finding out if the cause of this was all because of a boy who broke her heart. 

"Dad?" She asked him once the car came to a stop near an ice cream shop. 

"Yes?"

"Why are we here?"

"Don't tell me you are too old for having ice cream with your dad," she smiled back at him. 

They were seated in a small booth, the place was empty and Kevin thought it would be a good time to interrogate his precious daughter, no doubt he would do anything in his power to make her feel better. After taking a couple of spoonfuls, Kevin could see Dee Na's eyes start to get watery.

"Dee Dee, what's wrong? Did anything happen at school?" He reached across the table to hold her left hand and she kept playing with the spoon in her ice cream.

"Did you ever fight, with your best friend?" She looked up at him and a tear rolled down her cheek. He could feel his heart shatter piece by piece as he wiped her cheeks in the most gentle way he could. 

"Yes, there is always a time when I would have... disagreements with my friends, but in the end you learn who your true friends are if they come back to you. Did something like that happen today?"

"Yeah, Tif... Tiffany," he watched her struggle to say the rest of her sentence and clench her fist, "She completely took credit for all the work I did on our researched project! Then she still had the nerve to ditch me and ignore me when I was talking to her right in her face. I asked her why she did it but she just ignored me and kiseed Min Woo right in my face!" She let out a frustrated groan and Kevin didn't know what to do with all this information. 

He got up and sat right next to her, wrapping his long arms around her shoulders. "I wonder why she just changed all of a sudd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter